Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on June 22, 2022, 01:24:54 PMAnyway, my pointless contribution: does anybody else remember Victoria Woods "Ann Widdicombe" song? I feel we could retroactively fit this to "Graham Linehan" but I don't remember much of the lyrics.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2265650/ann-wid-de-combe-ann-wid-de-combe-victoria-wood

Third post down. Go for it.

JaDanketies

Back when I was replying to terfs on Twitter I was a bit worried that they'd review my business saying some disingenuous shit about me being a misogynist or homophobe or whatever. If you don't have a business-critical role or your boss is distant from you /  a dick I can see them not being interested in your side of the story.

Barry Admin

Just saw this on Linehan's blog, Kelly Jay Keen's statement:

Quote"We refute the claims made by some media and the Avon and Somerset police that there was bad behaviour on "both sides". Aggressive and threatening men, on the MRA/TRA side, were very close to our wardens and attendees. They shouted obscenities in the faces of women and they tried to push through the police line, there were physical confrontations by men in masks.

Our communications lead, Iris, had worked very hard to inform the police about the sort of male aggression and violence women may encounter. She was, frankly, ignored. This was particularly striking following our event in Manchester. The policing in Bristol was inadequate and dangerous. The male aggression and intimidation women experienced in Bristol was revolting. Women were told to die, get in the sea by threatening men in masks.

Women were asked by the police to go home, rather than enjoy refreshments in a bar we had hired. Apparently the police can choose to protect women on the basis of whether or not we are eating or drinking, as a senior officer told me that the police were not here to protect us in the pub. The Slug and Lettuce, St.Nicholas Street, Bristol decided to close rather than continue serving joyful and peace loving women due to the male aggressors surrounding the venue. The police did not disperse the agitators and maintained that they could not guarantee our safety."

Then Linehan says this can all be explained because the police have been "captured", which he illustrates by showing them making tweets about Pride, or whatever. Just mindlessly stoking up the victim mentality with paranoia and conspiracy theories as usual.

As for KJK's statment - fucking hell.  Women women women.  "Joyful and peace loving women."

Lots of men there too, and they all went there to be deliberately provocative.  Bunch of fucking crybullies the lot of them.

I saw this one too @Barry Admin, so full of their own self importance.

I wonder which side she was on at the Nazi League protests?

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Ahhh yes the slug and lettuce that real working class, salt of the earth bar. 2 for 1 cocktails?! Tee hee!!

FalknerHinton

Sounds like a good counter-protest to me, well done to all involved.

idunnosomename

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 22, 2022, 04:16:01 PMI saw this one too @Barry Admin, so full of their own self importance.

If they were there to just meet and discuss why did they turn up making speeches with a sound system and a puppet show? They make it sound like they were just having a quiet little discussion in the park at a picnic rather than a hate movement out to cause trouble

Logged in to Twitter for the first time in a while to find this

...which was nice.

idunnosomename

I think the video the authorities need to watch is that puppet show one

Quote from: FalknerHinton on June 22, 2022, 04:38:40 PMSounds like a good counter-protest to me, well done to all involved.

Yeah, you can't tell from the video how loud it was because the mic is direct input, that letter makes it sound like the protestors had them kicked for volume.

somersetchris

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on June 22, 2022, 05:53:12 PMIf they were there to just meet and discuss why did they turn up making speeches with a sound system and a puppet show? They make it sound like they were just having a quiet little discussion in the park at a picnic rather than a hate movement out to cause trouble

They were just there to meet and discuss... in Speaker's Corner. In an LGBT friendly city, trying to stir up hatred against trans people.

Joyful peaceloving women my fucking arse. Only a week or so after several of their number called for the removal of trans people from existence and put it on YouTube.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: somersetchris on June 22, 2022, 09:19:58 PMThey were just there to meet and discuss... in Speaker's Corner. In an LGBT friendly city, trying to stir up hatred against trans people.

Joyful peaceloving women my fucking arse. Only a week or so after several of their number called for the removal of trans people from existence and put it on YouTube.

Apparently they're heading to Edinburgh next in August during The Festival then Brighton in September they're just trying to antagonise as much as possible.

In Edinburgh they'll get drowned out by a group of students with kazoos or maybe a big brass band or something else ridiculous and damn near impossible to spin as violent

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on June 22, 2022, 09:44:02 PMIn Edinburgh they'll get drowned out by a group of students with kazoos or maybe a big brass band or something else ridiculous
A PIPER

IT HAS TO BE A PIPER

canadagoose

Edinburgh in August has got to be the stupidest fucking time and place for a reactionary protest. The city is full of young creatives because of the Fringe and Festival, they'll be seriously outnumbered.

retsuza

Can't wait until the media coverage is inevitably like "Trans Rights Activists do an Evil Curse on Women (Just Women, the Normal Kind)" and then someone complains and the terfs all erupt in furious indignation, because you can't even saying you're a woman anymore or they put you into jail.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 22, 2022, 11:01:59 PMA PIPER

IT HAS TO BE A PIPER
Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on June 22, 2022, 11:18:43 PMNo. A THOUSAND.
Normally I'd agree and at any other time of year it probably would be but the Fringe being on means it'll be something far more random, although a thousand pipers riding unicycles is possible

Quote from: canadagoose on June 22, 2022, 11:34:32 PMEdinburgh in August has got to be the stupidest fucking time and place for a reactionary protest. The city is full of young creatives because of the Fringe and Festival, they'll be seriously outnumbered.

Yeah I think the thinking is they'll be more likely to get trouble because there are more people but they've completely misunderstood the Fringe crowd it'll be something far sillier.

Also whilst it may seem like a free for all there are a lot of rules around where you can "perform" and whether you're allowed a sound system etc so they'll at least get to moan about the police or Fringe staff moving them along because they haven't paid for a spot or gotten permission to have a powered sound system

DrGreggles

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on June 22, 2022, 11:45:30 PMNormally I'd agree and at any other time of year it probably would be but the Fringe being on means it'll be something far more random, although a thousand pipers riding unicycles is possible

Yeah I think the thinking is they'll be more likely to get trouble because there are more people but they've completely misunderstood the Fringe crowd it'll be something far sillier.

They will be countered by about 40 silent discos

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on June 22, 2022, 04:37:13 PMAhhh yes the slug and lettuce that real working class, salt of the earth bar. 2 for 1 cocktails?! Tee hee!!
It's a shame there wasn't a 'four seasons' style mix up and they ended up at the Black Swan.

hexa

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 20, 2022, 08:07:02 PMThe police must monitor all this and see the GC/far right connection between Kellie-Jay and Tommy Robinson etc, right?

I have it on reasonably good authority that GC groups are being monitored. Hesitant to say any more, as it's obvious this thread is being watched (Hi Graham!).

Quote from: hexa on June 23, 2022, 10:12:22 AMI have it on reasonably good authority that GC groups are being monitored. Hesitant to say any more, as it's obvious this thread is being watched (Hi Graham!).

This is a good round up, all just from the last week

https://twitter.com/Chican3ry/status/1539709748026789888?t=RGDp6ParYjRHLV51hlj5Pw&s=19

Sonny_Jim

6 out of 8 for Team TERF is fucking bananas.  Does he think everyone is automatically a TERF unless they say otherwise?  He can't even count IT Crowd as David O' Doherty has come out pro-trans.  Same with Black Books, although admittedly you'd need Bill Bailey for the tiebreaker on that one.

Looks like there's gong to be a lot of "I've always supported Posie Parker" tweets today as key players react to the wind changing direction.