Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:16:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Quote from: Better Midlands link=msg=4953990

Except they flip that logic when it's kids being taught about trans folk.

BennyHedgehog

Posie Parker (uber alles) putting the ridiculous claim that she's racist to rest by having a pop at the islams

And followed by a good 20 minutes explaining how she really doesn't care about criticisms from the left-wing feminist intelligentsia

frajer

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 23, 2022, 11:03:36 AMExcept they flip that logic when it's kids being taught about trans folk.

See also if you ask them anything that doesn't end in a colossal compliment saying how brave they are.

retsuza

They talk about her like she's some brave freedom fighter in a war torn country working against human rights abuses. She may be in history books one day but for different reasons than they might imagine.

phantom_power

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on June 23, 2022, 11:06:32 AMPosie Parker (uber alles) putting the ridiculous claim that she's racist to rest by having a pop at the islams

And followed by a good 20 minutes explaining how she really doesn't care about criticisms from the left-wing feminist intelligentsia

Fucking narcissistic arsehole

She's no better either

jobotic

Why are they showing their support now? Now that it's obvious see that she's a far-right terf Tommy Robinson?

Quote from: jobotic on June 23, 2022, 11:22:46 AMWhy are they showing their support now? Now that it's obvious see that she's a far-right terf Tommy Robinson?

Because the terf twitter minions are supporting her en masse and they don't want to be on the wrong side

retsuza

Quote from: jobotic on June 23, 2022, 11:22:46 AMWhy are they showing their support now? Now that it's obvious see that she's a far-right terf Tommy Robinson?

They must do some daily meeting in their terfy little group chats.
On the agenda today can everyone prepare a tweet in support of Posie. Here is the list of hashtags to spam today. And if you can do Graham a favour can you guys remember to consider using the freefatherted hashtag as well. See you all tomorrow.

frajer

Today's approved shop is: Waitrose
Today's approved chocolate is: Tunnock's
Today's approved font is: Comic Sans

Please remember this is about freedom of speech.

somersetchris

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 23, 2022, 11:03:36 AMExcept they flip that logic when it's kids being taught about trans folk.

Free speech, there needs to be free speech! No, not about THAT

somersetchris

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on June 23, 2022, 10:28:57 AM6 out of 8 for Team TERF is fucking bananas.  Does he think everyone is automatically a TERF unless they say otherwise?  He can't even count IT Crowd as David O' Doherty has come out pro-trans.  Same with Black Books, although admittedly you'd need Bill Bailey for the tiebreaker on that one.

I have enjoyed the low-key trolling of people who are purposely talking about the shows they liked without mentioning Linehan, e.g. 'I certainly do enjoy Arthur Mathews' Father Ted, Dylan Moran's Black Books and Richard Ayoade in the IT Crowd'.

Bill Bailey has not been very vocal but I would be very, very disappointed if he came out as GC. He does seem more considered and intelligent than that.

And yet, Bill Bailey remained silent.

hexa

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 23, 2022, 10:57:53 AMLooks like there's gong to be a lot of "I've always supported Posie Parker" tweets today as key players react to the wind changing direction.

"Freed from academia" AKA not subject to peer review.

Reminder that her academic credentials are to do with philosophy, mainly focusing on fiction. Her title of "doctor" is incredibly misleading in that regard.

wrec

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on June 23, 2022, 10:28:57 AM6 out of 8 for Team TERF is fucking bananas.  Does he think everyone is automatically a TERF unless they say otherwise?  He can't even count IT Crowd as David O' Doherty has come out pro-trans.  Same with Black Books, although admittedly you'd need Bill Bailey for the tiebreaker on that one.

Am I correct in thinking that the only person there who could be remotely described as a terf is Gervais? Even Cleese hasn't gone all-in if I remember correctly?

It does seem he thinks he owns the actors along with the IP. Particularly offensive to claim that Morgan and Kelly have anything to do with "team terf".

frajer

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on June 23, 2022, 10:28:57 AM6 out of 8 for Team TERF is fucking bananas.  Does he think everyone is automatically a TERF unless they say otherwise?

I think he definitely believes this. Presumably it's why he shits the bed so hard and furiously when the people he speaks on behalf of have the gall to say "actually, I'm pro-trans."

In his messed-up mind it's a betrayal because you're directly contradicting his bigoted assumptions, and must have an ulterior motive for saying it (want to keep working, want to avoid conflict, coward, etc.) It's the only way he can rationalise it.

In their eyes, if you aren't a terf, then you're not informed enough to realise you should be one. That's the end of it. No difference of opinion, no room for discourse, you're just wrong and should read more Twitter threads until you go insane like them educate yourself.

A truly disturbing bunch of bananas.

idunnosomename

The idea that sitcom writers need to espouse a particularly radical exclusionary form of feminism really is quite insane

Also who would fucking choose the IT Crowd. That twee very British problems account is cleary running out of awkwardly polite stuff about tea from the time when a couple of 500+ RT tweets would get you a toilet book deal

Dr Rock

It's not 'fearless' to persecute a minority already under attack

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 23, 2022, 12:57:32 PMIt's not 'fearless' to persecute a minority already under attack

They mean fearless in the way that she's taken that persecution to levels that they had only previously dreamed of.

somersetchris

Quote from: hexa on June 23, 2022, 11:55:48 AM"Freed from academia" AKA not subject to peer review.

Also if Stock is 'freed from academia' then I guess that Freedom University thing she was supposedly going to take up isn't happening.

So she's a professional transphobe now then? Patreon coming your way soon.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 23, 2022, 10:57:53 AMLooks like there's gong to be a lot of "I've always supported Posie Parker" tweets today as key players react to the wind changing direction.

They're all shitting themselves about her batshit insane fans then?

Great to know that Kathleen Stock thinks that someone who goes on streams and TV shows with white nationalists is "highly astute."

HamishMacbeth

Quote from: frajer on June 23, 2022, 12:26:38 PMmust have an ulterior motive for saying it (want to keep working, want to avoid conflict, coward, etc.) It's the only way he can rationalise it.

It's a nice window into how he sees himself too, a brave martyr who'll take on anyone, and not just a bigot who is so obviously a bigot even the other bigots think he's clown shoes.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: wrec on June 23, 2022, 11:58:54 AMAm I correct in thinking that the only person there who could be remotely described as a terf is Gervais? Even Cleese hasn't gone all-in if I remember correctly?

It does seem he thinks he owns the actors along with the IP. Particularly offensive to claim that Morgan and Kelly have anything to do with "team terf".
So I think his thought process is this:

The Office - Well, it's Gervais so that's one.
Black Books, IT Crowd, Father Ted - Well *he* wrote those so obviously that's another 3 for team TERF, making 4.
Peep Show - Robert Webb did a trans-dozy, so that's 5.

It's a toss up between Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Bottom to who he thinks is the sixth.  My money is on Cleese, because Graham thinks Cleese could be a really good transphobe if he tried hard enough.

somersetchris

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 23, 2022, 01:37:13 PMGreat to know that Kathleen Stock thinks that someone who goes on streams and TV shows with white nationalists is "highly astute."

Maybe I am giving Stock too much credit but that seems like a backhanded compliment to me. In the same way that Trump is 'astute', she knows how to pander to an audience and is getting a following regardless of whether she believes what she's saying or not.

Lke you could say of Gervais 'well he knows his audience'. It's not a compliment.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Better Midlands on June 23, 2022, 10:22:46 AMThis is a good round up, all just from the last week

https://twitter.com/Chican3ry/status/1539709748026789888?t=RGDp6ParYjRHLV51hlj5Pw&s=19

Christ, this is mad. I saw a bit of the research she's been doing over the past week, but... Wow.

Noticed that "groomer" shit even popping up on Torn now too, not that the admins are letting it continue, thankfully. But all these links back to the fash are scary, and the way it's all spreading is disgusting.

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 23, 2022, 02:19:52 PMChrist, this is mad. I saw a bit of the research she's been doing over the past week, but... Wow.

When the far-right connections are talked about with GCs it's seems to be moving on from "we don't have to agree about everything" to

dead-ced-dead

Jumblegraws

Quote from: wrec on June 23, 2022, 11:58:54 AMAm I correct in thinking that the only person there who could be remotely described as a terf is Gervais? Even Cleese hasn't gone all-in if I remember correctly?

Robert Webb is def a transphobe, and would be a full-on cunt gone bananas if he didn't have the baseline level of restraint Linehan lacks. Cleese and Gervais both strike me as much more casual in their transphobia.

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on June 23, 2022, 10:28:57 AMSame with Black Books, although admittedly you'd need Bill Bailey for the tiebreaker on that one.

Please, please, please don't tell me Bill Bailey is anti-trans. Literally one of the only celebrities I would actually be heartbroken about.

I've been to see him on tour twice and he's on QI a lot, he seems like a really really smart guy, I want to be optimistic...

idunnosomename

JamesTC

Glinner: I'm taking a holiday from transphobia... for an hour