Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:39:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Mindy Simmons

tomasrojo

Quote from: Ex_GC on July 01, 2022, 12:41:08 PMI was thinking of the Bukowski quote but yes

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"

Very like the Yeats quote too:
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity

boki

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 01, 2022, 12:55:28 PMThe "I bet he reads this place" stuff is grim tbh
Yeah, I don't even think he'd manage it if he wanted to. He'll skim it *at most*, but more likely he gets fed most of the stuff he gets worked up about.

The fact that he thinks we've been 'harassing' him for longer than the place has been going tells you enough.

idunnosomename

Oh my God! I was wrong! Trans was fine, all along!

You've finally made a 'nana, yes you've finally made a 'nana, you've finally made a 'nana, out of me!

Blumf

Sonny_Jim

'Look at your likes' is a great illustration as to why Twitter rots your brain.

Barry Admin

That's one of the reasons there isn't karma or visible post counts here. People seize onto that kind of nonsensical hierarchical bullshit where they can. It's really dumb and pathetic.

bgmnts

JK's legacy is stronger than ever? What does this mean?

frajer

Was going to make a crack about how it's great to see Arty back on the booze, but what's sad is this is probably him sober.

Ex_GC

Quote from: bgmnts on July 02, 2022, 10:05:59 AMJK's legacy is stronger than ever? What does this mean?

She's tweeting more on the subject. It means no more than that

damien

Jk loses between twenty and thirty thousand followers a month on the same platform she now exclusively broadcasts from. For the most-published author since Dickens that's some kind of catastrophe whichever way you slice it.

phantom_power

Quote from: Ex_GC on July 02, 2022, 10:29:49 AMShe's tweeting more on the subject. It means no more than that

Warners have backed down as well, in some way that is not obvious to anyone without banana custard leaking out of their ears

Luornu

Ahem...unaccustomed as I am to public posting. I'm delurking just to show you this. Does this show up? I don't know how image posting works on here....please disregard if nothing shows up errrm

Nothing shows up oh I knew it would't. Anyway if you guys don't know check out a webcomic called Sinfest by Tatsuya Ishida. he's also a bananas transphobe who uses his strip for terfery. Utterly incomprehensible most of the time. Even used 'ok groomer' as a tagline once. He and graham might well know each other. Many of the same terf talking points. We in the Sinfest subreddit marvel at the bananasfuckery every single day. ah well.

sophie.pilbeam

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 16, 2022, 03:40:18 PMNoticed earlier we've been missing @sophie.pilbeam and her posts of late, shame :-(

Ohh sorry! I just ran out of things to say, basically. I've been following things, just not showing up here much.

As an Australian, I should mention that the conservatives here got absolutely wrecked during our recent federal election, while absolutely pushing transphobic shit. Glinner was #standingwith one of the more venomous ones, who managed to lose her seat despite being personally backed by the (then) Prime Minister. Meanwhile, the Greens, who he was insisting were doomed by virtue of having pronouns and rainbow hair, got their best result ever. Their "Peak Trans" scenario isn't happening, they know it's not happening, and that's why Helen Joyce has to suggest ignoring public opinion and going straight to people in authority. Baroness Nicholson said the exact same thing last year, in a Zoom meeting she stupidly made public.

Kankurette

DrGreggles

Quote from: damien on July 02, 2022, 10:33:25 AMJk loses between twenty and thirty thousand followers a month on the same platform she now exclusively broadcasts from. For the most-published author since Dickens that's some kind of catastrophe whichever way you slice it.

Yeah, but how many followers does Dickens have?

Kankurette

Sinfest is drawn by a transphobe? Now that I didn't know.

ETA: I just googled it and one of the first things I saw is some Handmaid's Tale pastiches in a rainbow church praising a trans woman and calling her 'stunning and brave'. Not very subtle, is he? From TV Tropes:
QuoteStraw Feminist: Utilized frequently to depict aspects of feminism the author disagrees with as dangerous and counterproductive. Sex-positive feminism is shown as largely for male gratification and so is third-wave feminism to different degrees. Trans-inclusive feminists are all depicted as ugly and whiny; complaints about misgendering are largely dismissed as nonissues.
Such a marvellous ally to women! (Straw Feminist is a trope where feminists are portrayed in a cartoonish and exaggerated manner, usually as shouty man-haters.)

Re the Aussies, I wonder if it's because they've got more serious problems to worry about, such as the Queensland floods, and all this transphobia shit comes across as a massive distraction.

JaDanketies

Quote from: phantom_power on July 02, 2022, 10:40:01 AMWarners have backed down as well, in some way that is not obvious to anyone without banana custard leaking out of their ears

I saw them claiming that Stephen King has changed his mind too, based on him expressing interest in an upcoming Rowling book.

sophie.pilbeam

Quote from: Kankurette on July 02, 2022, 11:35:39 AMHi Sophie! Long time no see!

Quote from: jobotic on July 02, 2022, 11:33:17 AMGood to see you!

Hi!

Quote from: Kankurette on July 02, 2022, 11:38:47 AMRe the Aussies, I wonder if it's because they've got more serious problems to worry about, such as the Queensland floods, and all this transphobia shit comes across as a massive distraction.

That was a big part of it, yeah. The massive fires in 2020 as well.

Quote from: sophie.pilbeam on July 02, 2022, 11:29:52 AMOhh sorry! I just ran out of things to say, basically. I've been following things, just not showing up here much.

As an Australian, I should mention that the conservatives here got absolutely wrecked during our recent federal election, while absolutely pushing transphobic shit. Glinner was #standingwith one of the more venomous ones, who managed to lose her seat despite being personally backed by the (then) Prime Minister. Meanwhile, the Greens, who he was insisting were doomed by virtue of having pronouns and rainbow hair, got their best result ever. Their "Peak Trans" scenario isn't happening, they know it's not happening, and that's why Helen Joyce has to suggest ignoring public opinion and going straight to people in authority. Baroness Nicholson said the exact same thing last year, in a Zoom meeting she stupidly made public.

return of the queen !!!

Luornu

re sinfest

As some may well be aware, it used to be a 'normal' strip, but then Tats as we in the now-hatedom call him, not to put too fine a point on it went bananas (tm)

It's been something like a week since roe vs wade was overturned and Tats hasn't mentioned it once? (Because we are fairly sure that he is now living off grifting american right wing maga types so of course he isn't going to mention it, despite being a self declared feminist)

Today's strip seems to be directly referencing that detransitioner Ritchie guy (forgotten his surname too lazy to look it up). He has done that before, directly echoing things that Linhehan has said. I suspect he may well be a reader of the sordid griefblog, other bananas media is of course available (unfortunately)

Another strip from a couple of months back directly referenced Lia Thomas the swimmer. That was the one that had 'ok groomer' as the tagline. That's the one that made me wonder if Tats is part of the Banana Axis (as I have just christened it)

I keep saying I'm going to stop reading but I can't look away, it's like a slow motion trainwreck (see also the 'career' of one graham linehan esq)

Kankurette

Claiming to be a feminist while ignoring Roe being overturned? That stinks of bananery.

Luornu

Hoping this works this time.

This is the only way Graham and Joanne will ever be seen together.

Dr Rock