Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:58:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

And it is everyone else who is overly-sensitive and triggered. I'm just spending all day shouting at people on social media because they don't care that Asda changed the name of the aisle from 'feminine hygiene' to 'period products'.

Kankurette

Why is Helen Joyce upset about the far right? They're her friends.

Dayraven

QuoteI don't think they thought this through.
It's probably more their difficulty in grasping the idea that a trans character might not be a trans woman.

Shaxberd

Quote from: Dayraven on July 04, 2022, 10:19:45 AMIt's probably more their difficulty in grasping the idea that a trans character might not be a trans woman.

Ah, so the thinking is that this masculine looking person buying tampons must be a amab pervert who's going to put them up his bum, as opposed to the answer in plain sight. It's really impressive how they manage to make things about trans men actually about trans women and get a 2-for-1 deal on the bigotry.

Also, "feminine hygiene" always made me laugh as a euphemism. Like if you were butch enough you could make your periods go away through sheer determination.

MojoJojo

Probably worth remembering that Howard is a bit pissed off with the Halifax after they replaced him with a cartoon.

Sonny_Jim

'Oh my goodness, I've just realised our hate group is attractive to other hate groups' said no TERF ever.

Dr Rock

Jack The Ripper knew what a woman was. We should celebrate this, and agree to disagree on his other policies. Simple.

Jumblegraws

So fucking sick of these bigots acting like they're any better than homophobes. The fucking nerve of that NYT article with it's shitty horseshoe theory in the face of actual examples of GC proponents teaming up with the Heritage Foundation.

Sonny_Jim

Sorry I've just noticed the 'No movies made after 1985' and it's boggled me.  Like, how much of an indicator do you need to realise that you're living in the past?

phantom_power

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on July 04, 2022, 11:22:24 AMNo movies made after 1985

How will they find out the resolution to the cliff-hanger at the end of Back to the Future?

It staggers me that they don't realise, or haven't realised sooner, that a movement is tacitly or explicitly against trans people, would attract other forms of bigotry. It's not like that sort of thinking is always exclusively for one particular group

Quote from: phantom_power on July 04, 2022, 11:48:06 AMIt staggers me that they don't realise, or haven't realised sooner, that a movement is tacitly or explicitly against trans people, would attract other forms of bigotry. It's not like that sort of thinking is always exclusively for one particular group

There's so much denial in the whole thread, many think if you explain to these right wing/religious fundamentalists that the LGB is seperate from the TQ+ then everything will be cool.

When everyone doesn't understand that [zombie post] was a parody then you're doing parody wrong.

Ferris

Quote from: g0m on July 03, 2022, 08:29:29 PMThe new york times has published some shit so expect the usual suspects to bust one out for that

I read that piece, and it was so depressing I decided not to mention it on here.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Better Midlands on July 04, 2022, 12:08:32 PMWhen everyone doesn't understand that [zombie post] was a parody then you're doing parody wrong.

As if she didn't think that stupid zombie tweet was a devastating takedown of trans-acceptant attitudes. But of course, anyone who bothers to interrogate its logic is a literal-minded fool who doesn't understand parody. Gervais has taught her well.

retsuza

Do you seriously believe a cold-bodied person has the right to feast upon the brains of women and children in communal changing rooms?

idunnosomename

"Sleep with any consenting adult who'll have you" pretty much showed her attitude right from the start

Barry Admin

Quote from: Pimhole on July 04, 2022, 12:35:49 PMCan't believe they're still doing this lol

OMFG.

That bloke seems to even keep his tally public, and times how long he thinks it is before the "silicon valley incels" remove his like:

frajer

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 04, 2022, 01:56:24 PM"Sleep with any consenting adult who'll have you" pretty much showed her attitude right from the start

*Linehan checks his breath and ticket prices to Edinburgh*

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Pimhole on July 04, 2022, 12:35:49 PMCan't believe they're still doing this lol

Ugh I hate people who believe this shite. If twitter wanted to do this why wouldn't they remove the likes but not make it apparent to the original liker? Like when people say "this tweet has been seen by 4 million people but only retweeted 232 times, twitter is blocking people from RTing me!" Then why wouldn't twitter just lower your impressions count too to throw you off the scent you stupid  cunt

Sonny_Jim

It's a bug with twitter wherein the heart icon doesn't go red sometimes, even if you've liked it.  Also I'd be very surprised if the like count is 'live', instead of tallied up and updated every hour/24 hours/whatever, meaning whatever you're seeing in your browser at any point isn't the true number.

It's hilarious watching old people idiots struggle with technology.

The Bees

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

buttgammon

I'd guess that even the people at Twitter didn't anticipate people becoming so obsessed with the medium that they'd need a constant exact running total of every single like they've received. The terfs have rolled out of one gutter into another lower, even more putrid gutter.

Ex_GC

I wonder if there are any job openings in the department of deleting JK Rowling likes

It would certainly make for interesting small talk in social occasions

"What do you then?" "Me? Oh I delete likes off JK Rowling's tweet. Productivity levels are currently at 500 likes a day but we have a target of at least 1k by the next quarter"

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 04, 2022, 01:58:51 PMOMFG.

That bloke seems to even keep his tally public, and times how long he thinks it is before the "silicon valley incels" remove his like:

Honestly I kind of wish there was someone sitting in Twitter HQ who has made it their entire job just going and removing likes from that tweet just to wind them up

Step 1: randomly remove likes from a specific JK Rowling tweet
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit?