Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:24:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boki

Quote from: TommyTurnips on June 04, 2022, 05:22:58 PMGraham once wrote father Ted
Right now he sleeps in a race car bed
And Pope Ted ensures career has ended
His twitter account sock suspended
Also his brain is a banana bunch
Missing out on Rowling Lunch

If you read it vertically it spells GRAHAM. Thank you very much.
An acrostic about a cross dick. I can dig it.

Ferris

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 04, 2022, 05:35:53 PMWhile I appreciate that it's pointless trying to extract any sense from Linehan's deranged babblings, am I right in saying that he believes the Ted musical can still go ahead without any involvement from his new enemies Mathews and Hannon?

How on earth is that going to work? Hannon was supposed to be writing all the songs, and Mathews presumably has the power to put the kibosh on it all.

I know the answer to this is: the musical doesn't actually exist, and even if it did it will never be staged, but still.

I think he accepts he can't make it without them for legal reasons, so his plan is to hold the entire project hostage unless they do it his way, signed declarations and all. It's absurdly unreasonable and so very avoidable. Just take the money and piss off - why torpedo it for everyone else?

(Answer: because doing that would constitute backing down and/or tacit admission that he's so toxic he can never work again.)

His ludicrous intransigence means it'll never get made, and it is entirely his own doing (a decision that he could change at literally any time). He'll spin it as getting canceled or the fault of some shadowy (and non-existent) cabal and the grim cycle of his decline continues.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Ferris on June 04, 2022, 06:06:29 PMI think he accepts he can't make it without them for legal reasons, so his plan is to hold the entire project hostage unless they do it his way, signed declarations and all. It's absurdly unreasonable and so very avoidable. Just take the money and piss off - why torpedo it for everyone else?

(Answer: because doing that would constitute backing down and/or tacit admission that he's so toxic he can never work again.)

His ludicrous intransigence means it'll never get made, and it is entirely his own doing (a decision that he could change at literally any time). He'll spin it as getting canceled or the fault of some shadowy (and non-existent) cabal and the grim cycle of his decline continues.
did you hear him rambling about how he won't let his work be used to condone all the terrible stuff being done by the trans activists like mutilating and sterilising children or some shit

if you won't sign a declaration that trans folk are evil and Graham's hole is succulent and delicious that means you want to mutilate children

Brundle-Fly

bigfatheart

I've lost track of all the Glinner insanity over the last few months, but I'm willing to bet it's because of Elvis Costello being magnanimous about radio stations censoring Oliver's Army, and this links into Glinner's 'accept no criticism/sing Fairytale of New York with extra emphasis on certain words' worldview.

Ferris

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 04, 2022, 06:14:51 PMdid you hear him rambling about how he won't let his work be used to condone all the terrible stuff being done by the trans activists like mutilating and sterilising children or some shit

if you won't sign a declaration that trans folk are evil and Graham's hole is succulent and delicious that means you want to mutilate children

This musical kerfuffle is a microcosm of his behaviour in the last 4 years, I suppose. He is incapable of meeting anyone halfway, on anything, ever, even to massive personal, financial, and profession detriment.

What freaks my nut out is that he could make these decisions at any time and reverse some of the damage to himself. At any time! He could call up Hat Trick and say "yeah I'll take the money, feel free to cross my name out on posters". That's all it would take!

Equally, at any time in the past few years, he could have deleted Twitter from his phone and said ooh I might need some help here. He could have avoided what his life has become, and he could probably still salvage something but his irrational inability to just stop even when it is demonstrably causing harm to himself and those around him (to say nothing of people he targets his rage at) has shown no limits.

A few posts resonated over this saga - one pointing out that his statement that "he won't stop" actually means he'll keep going. The default passive status of existing is 'not ruining your life', and he is actively and intently going the other direction. The other was someone pointing out that he's probably content with all this. Not happy, exactly, but basically ok with what his life has become because he gets to focus on satisfying his bizarre needs without anything (job, family, friends) getting in the way. Like an alcoholic at an isolated wet facility - nothing but feeding the addiction, 24/7.

It's very sad and I genuinely wish he'd get some help and sort himself, if only to benefit the people around him. Now I'm going to take a break from these threads because they're all so grim.

Matt Walsh has put Wild Womyn from the Rowling Lunch on blast after she complained that he hadn't credited British feminists for their work in his "What Is A  Woman" video and they are not happy.

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1533055667606528002?t=8LJdL_xo5GAft7HC_Js_VQ&s=19

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: bigfatheart on June 04, 2022, 06:24:38 PMI've lost track of all the Glinner insanity over the last few months, but I'm willing to bet it's because of Elvis Costello being magnanimous about radio stations censoring Oliver's Army, and this links into Glinner's 'accept no criticism/sing Fairytale of New York with extra emphasis on certain words' worldview.

Ah ok. Costello has become a very good egg over the years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57650176

Kankurette

Matt Walsh being a misogynist is about as surprising as Real Madrid winning the Champions' League. What did they expect?

Barry Admin

Quote from: Kelvin on June 03, 2022, 06:38:12 PMSaying he's going to get people to sign that declaration seems like clear evidence of the whole thing being a massive grift on his audience - a transparent way to link the show even closer to the one issue they care about. His co-writer and the guy writing the music (for a musical) are no longer involved, in what universe do they think he's seriously going to make this?

Excellent point here. 

Said this before, but I think this whole thing has been a calculated con.  He started it back in December, a week after JK Rowling was "cancelled":

Quote from: Daily MailHe is not the only writer to risk being written out of their own creations after falling foul of the transgender lobby. Last week Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling was 'erased' from the trailer for Fantastic Beasts, a film based on one of her books.

I doubt they ever did much work on it. Now he's making a weekly update out of the whole thing, but his argument makes absolutely no sense at all.  "I will not let Father Ted be used as a vehicle to minimise what's happening" - I mean, what's his actual logic there?  It's the sketchiest fucking way of connecting the musical to transphobia that he could have possibly thought of.  How does it minimise anything by taking his fucking name off it?  All that minimises is the amount of letters used on the billboards.  I just don't get his argument at all.

This makes no sense either?

Did he fuck up, or is he trying to say he is the one being required to adopt a political position. 

What a load of bollocks.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 04, 2022, 07:52:04 PMExcellent point here. 

Said this before, but I think this whole thing has been a calculated con.  He started it back in December, a week after JK Rowling was "cancelled":

I doubt they ever did much work on it. Now he's making a weekly update out of the whole thing, but his argument makes absolutely no sense at all.  "I will not let Father Ted be used as a vehicle to minimise what's happening" - I mean, what's his actual logic there?  It's the sketchiest fucking way of connecting the musical to transphobia that he could have possibly thought of.  How does it minimise anything by taking his fucking name off it?  All that minimises is the amount of letters used on the billboards.  I just don't get his argument at all.

This makes no sense either?

Did he fuck up, or is he trying to say he is the one being required to adopt a political position. 

What a load of bollocks.
My hunch is that he read that comment and his banana-frittered brain interpreted it as saying he is the one being asked to compromise his principles in this whole thing? That or he just liked it accidentally. The latter is probably more likely tbh.

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 04, 2022, 07:52:04 PM"I will not let Father Ted be used as a vehicle to minimise what's happening" - I mean, what's his actual logic there? 
you see Hat Trick have been captured and so if they make Father Ted the Musical it will have to include a scene where Ted agrees that some bearded nonce-case in a dress is definitely a woman so shut up

QDRPHNC

As I said earlier, I don't Hat Trick have any intention of making the musical (what production company wants to fund a controversial protest-magnet?), I think the $200k was the price they were willing to pay to get Graham to leave everyone there alone.

JamesTC

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 04, 2022, 08:11:24 PMAs I said earlier, I don't Hat Trick have any intention of making the musical (what production company wants to fund a controversial protest-magnet?), I think the $200k was the price they were willing to pay to get Graham to leave everyone there alone.

Wasn't this what started his latest round or tirades? Hat Trick phoned him and confirmed they were not going ahead with the show.

As far as everybody involved who isn't bananas, the show is dead.

QDRPHNC

No intention of making it with or without him I mean, but I take your point. In Graham's head this is just more persecution.

Alberon

It was a bit of a risk even before one of the creators went so publicly bananas.

The financial situation makes it less credible still.

jobotic

It would have been shit anyway. Good thing it'll never happen.

I really hope he does he's own version though, financed by bigots. With unintentionally hilarious consequences.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 04, 2022, 07:52:04 PMHow does it minimise anything by taking his fucking name off it?  All that minimises is the amount of letters used on the billboards.  I just don't get his argument at all.

I'd hazard a guess that to Graham not addressing it directly or making the entire show about it equals minimising it. He doesn't just want to carry on as normal he wants capitulation from everyone so he has to peak the world and the Pope Ted musical is his only possible way he can do that now that Elon isn't giving him his account back.

mippy

ALW's Cinderella seems to be a flop, and that's a musical created with someone with a massive fanbase, the book written by an Oscar-winning screenwriter, starring the sister of one of the McFlys and with a story that's got universal appeal.

I can't see anyone wanting to invest in a major musical invented by someone who spent all day calling people groomers under his actual government name, based on a series that ended 25 years ago that now has cult appeal but little recognition amongst international tourists who want to come to the West End. What's there? Stunt casting? Selling it on Hannon's soundtrack - which might be great, but most people would be all 'the who? Divine Comedy?? Oh...that National Express song, yeah. That was funny.' oK, surprise hits happen, but at a time when most new musicals seem to be based on blockbuster films that would have an audience pretty much baked in, it's such a big gamble.

mippy

But then I thought the OFAH would fail so shows what I know.

Barry Admin

How long before he has another crowd funder up, I wonder.

mtpromises

Quote from: JamesTC on June 04, 2022, 08:15:06 PMWasn't this what started his latest round or tirades? Hat Trick phoned him and confirmed they were not going ahead with the show.

As far as everybody involved who isn't bananas, the show is dead.
The Daily Mail article was the day before his GC Coming Out Day and he was clearly trying to stir publicity.

In podcasts from 2019 he talks about it some, but than it went quiet for almost 2 years.  I really wouldn't be surprised if most of what he said has happened, I just think it happened in 2019.

wrec

He couldn't be engaged in months or years of rewrites, rehearsals, whatever legal and admin is involved, AND spend all day tweeting "pronouns in bio" and making his Messes. And which would he choose?

You would have to be demented to buy the "Ted is being held hostage" narrative, but luckily he has a cadre of sycophantics who fit the bill.

While complaining about his loss of (in order of importance) blue tick, status, earnings, career, and occasionally marriage and family, he will always follow the course of action that keeps him sitting in front of the computer, and will choose to hold the beliefs that drive him in that direction.

Graham's claimed that
1) "wokes and TRAs" at Hat Trick have killed the musical, both on his shitstack and in the Daily Mail (same interview where he lies about why his wife left him)
2) Hat Trick offered him £200k to take his name off the musical and fuck off
3) Hat Trick staff don't care about the breasts of young girls
4) His wife left because someone from Hat Trick talked to her
5) Arthur Mathews and Neil Hannon something something it's not clear except they're now on his list of enemies

I'm guessing the reason he won't take the money (assuming a Father Ted musical was ever in production, as far as I know Hat Trick, Mathews and Hannon have not commented on his latest claims) is that it would mean divorcing (heh) his name from the sitcom of his that's most beloved by the public, certainly in Ireland anyway. His ego can't take that.

superthunderstingcar

To do the concept of Pope Ted justice, there needs to be two rival productions each claiming to be the authentic one and denouncing the other as Antipope Ted.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 04, 2022, 10:03:36 PM5) Arthur Mathews and Neil Hannon something something it's not clear except they're now on his list of enemies

Yikes. When did this happen?

DJ Bob Hoskins

Maybe he could ask Stewart Lee for advice on how to stage a controversial musical?

Someone already mentioned this last thread, but it bears repeating because I actually do think this is true: I think making a musical about trying to make a Father Ted musical despite one of its creators losing the plot on (and over) social media geniunely shows more promise and potential than actually making a Father Ted musical. It honestly sounds like something that StarKid lot could pull off.