Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:58:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Disgraced and cancelled wankbeast releases new film [split topic]

Started by Pdine, June 03, 2022, 06:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haaaaaaaaa

Ooh, no, I've wanked me american mess all over your carpet

up_the_hampipe

I really like Joe List as a comic, and if he wants to be friends with Louis CK, that's his business. But doing projects with him might put a stink on you going forward.

13 schoolyards

"A recovering alcoholic and jazz pianist in NYC confronts his acerbic family during their annual Fourth of July vacation."

Think they misspelt jizz there

willbo

my issue is that everyone I've ever met who strongly believes in the "you must separate art from artist!" thing has been a creepy weirdo with no friends

jobotic

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on June 03, 2022, 08:20:09 PMThis'll be shit I reckon.

Uh-oh CaB Concensus!!

I'm going to be really brave and say that this will be grrrrreat.

kittens

Quoteit's clearly you who are stupid, and vulgar to boot

post of the century

Sir, i think you will find that it is you who is the one who is stupid

kittens

Sir,

I think you may be surprised to discover that, contrary to what you previously believed, it is not I who is the fool, but in fact it is you, and, to cap it all off, not only are you the foolish one, but you are also rude, and dumb, and I hate you.

Signed,

A Very Clever Man

chip

Quote from: willbo on June 04, 2022, 08:33:47 AMmy issue is that everyone I've ever met who strongly believes in the "you must separate art from artist!" thing has been a creepy weirdo with no friends

That definitely does sound like a you issue.

Petey Pate

Quote from: Louis CKWhen Joe List and I came together to write Fourth of July we met at the same subject, family, from two different perspectives. One being that of a young man who is struggling to find the confidence to start his own family and finding that he is overwhelmed by the mistakes of the family he was raised in. The other, the perspective of a father whose kids are grown and who is beginning to confront the unfixable mistakes of his young fatherhood and the impact they might have on his children.

Is the bit in bold alluding to wankgate? Or is it more broad than that? I don't think any of CK's children were born before any of his known incidents of sexual misconduct, so I'd assume the latter. 

Either way I don't particularly care to watch the film to find out. I Love You Daddy was dreadful, and I say that as someone who enjoyed Horace and Pete when it came out.

Dickie_Anders

Funny comedian, but should be kept very far away from any attempt at drama

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Petey Pate on June 04, 2022, 12:17:22 PMIs the bit in bold alluding to wankgate? Or is it more broad than that?

There were problems with his marriage and they divorced. That always has an effect. Also being the child of a touring comic would bring its own challenges, absence, infidelities, as well as the well publicised stuff.

willbo

chip

Petey Pate

He's been making podcast appearances recently. Here he is 'reflecting' on being 'publicly shamed' while failing to mention anything how his actions impacted anyone but himself.

BritishHobo

It's such bullshit for him to pretend this is part of the shaming phenomenon. The scandal wasn't about something unrelated to his job - it was literally how he conducted himself around female comedians in a professional environment. Public shaming is if like, you're a dental nurse, and you say a racial slur on Twitter, and the outrage gets you fired from the dental practice. Not if you're a comedian and you harass female comedians while you're both at work.

chip

Clickbaity title that, when Tom and Christina specifically asked him, the guest, how he feels about it all. Was a good ep overall though, I enjoyed his bit about (real) estate agents openly giving you the block's 'race breakdown'.

Petey Pate

Quote from: BritishHobo on August 30, 2022, 09:13:11 AMIt's such bullshit for him to pretend this is part of the shaming phenomenon. The scandal wasn't about something unrelated to his job - it was literally how he conducted himself around female comedians in a professional environment. Public shaming is if like, you're a dental nurse, and you say a racial slur on Twitter, and the outrage gets you fired from the dental practice. Not if you're a comedian and you harass female comedians while you're both at work.

It also suggests that the outrage and backlash occurred because of his unusual fetish, rather than it being due to sexual misconduct. Besides the lack of empathy demonstrated towards the women, it's a pretty despicable attempt at revisionism.

Ron Superior

Everything about that clip is absolute shit. If that had been a scene from The Boys with Homelander being interviewed after killing a kid it would have been cut for being too cynical.

He wasn't "shamed", it was finally revealed that he continually abused his position of power over female comedians, and when they didn't like it, he and his management then deliberately used their power to make life, and pursuing a career, difficult for the women. He then spent years denying the rumours, until the article came out, he then admitted it, said he was going to go away and work out the best way to make it right, but actually just hid for a bit then quietly came back, acting all like, whoo, that was tough what I went through.

He talked about not realising how "dangerous" the world was?! Fucking hell.

He compared being revealed to be a creep to losing a limb and becoming a mother?! Fucking hell again.

His big takeaway from it all was, it's good to be in nature. Don't do gardening, just play with some soil. And they're all like, wow, that's amazing.

Go on an interview with someone who's actually not going to wilt at your amazing philosophical mind, address what you actually did. Fucking coward. 

Joe Qunt

Petey Pate

Quote from: Ron Superior on August 30, 2022, 10:09:56 AMGo on an interview with someone who's actually not going to wilt at your amazing philosophical mind, address what you actually did. Fucking coward. 

He did go on the Joe Rogan Experience...

No wait, sorry I didn't read the second part of your first sentence.

Schnapple

That clip pissed me off. To be honest, I'm not not interested in hearing how his world or perspective has changed... I'm at least more interested in that ahead of his new film. But the lack of acknowledgement that he did anything at all wrong is infuriating. He also mentions that he values privacy these days, where as he used to be, well, shameless. I think this is why he's sort of fucked as an artist. Knowing what he's done, as well as his inability to seemingly properly cop for it, dilutes what was once a refreshing perspective.

I was recommended this video:
of Louis on the podcast of some smug cunt called Andrew Schultz, in which he visibly barely tolerates Schultz and his four pals as they smoke cigars and respond to his observations on storytelling with questions like, "Do you fuck with the Nolans? I mean, Christopher and Jonathan." So much media is absolute desolation.

damien

Did anyone see I Love You, Daddy. It's 'available' online.

Interesting that The Guardian review ('a screwball success!' 4 stars!) is still up;

https://amp.theguardian.com/film/2017/sep/09/i-love-you-daddy-review-louis-ck-toronto-film-festival-tiff

Bartholomew J Krishna

I watched 'I Love You Daddy' and remember literally nothing about it.

I watched 'Fourth of July' and found it enjoyable with an underwhelming ending.

This is not a reflection of my moral worth.

Ron Superior

Quote from: Petey Pate on August 30, 2022, 10:39:59 AMHe did go on the Joe Rogan Experience...

No wait, sorry I didn't read the second part of your first sentence.

Exactly. He's just doing the softball interviews with mates, or people who are in thrall of him, so he won't be challenged one iota, just able to say how hard it's been on him, then he can be like, I've addressed this so much, I don't have to talk about it any more. Pathetic.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Bartholomew J Krishna on August 30, 2022, 11:29:03 AMI watched 'Fourth of July' and found it enjoyable with an underwhelming ending.

This is not a reflection of my moral worth.

I thought the new film was quite good as well, but as I said, I'm a Joe List fan, so I'm immune from judgement.

checkoutgirl

"I didn't think there was danger in the world"

Unbelievable. Louis you are the danger. What a fuckhead. This is Bizarro world shit this. I've only watched 1.30 of it but the tone is all wrong with the interviewer taking a poor you Louis approach.