Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:07:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2022: The Thuglife Era (Stokes, Woakes, Foakes, and plenty of chokes)

Started by sevendaughters, June 04, 2022, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Norse

England are still very likely to lose this after Stokes holes out to deep midwicket on 74, but you just know that if they do win everyone will see it as the dawn of a bright new era - "that Bairstow innings of 16 and bowled set the tone for how we want to play" - rather than just one of those games where Stokes comes off.

Inspector Norse

iamcoop

Can already see Aggers' comments now:

"Bairstow showed us all what he can do with a pacy and much needed 16 - he'll be disappointed with how he got out but that'll give him the confidence to get that big score he knows is just around the corner"

Dreck

Thursday

mikeyg27

I was there today. Some observations:

- Seeing a Broad mentalism spell in person is quite fun.
- I don't think anyone in the ground knew what was going on with the run-out. We all thought they were going to DRS for an LBW.
- I can only assume that Lees was distracted by the All-Stars kids that were about to come on for the lunch interval because that was the most dogshit leave
- Jamieson is a Big Boy and was the most threatening bowler. Bol
- Stokes is always so angry with himself when he fucks up that he's probably pathologically unable to bluff and stand his ground. I thought he was going to get a century after his reprieve. Ah well.

The thing is, even if England manage to stumble over the finish line tomorrow, what have we learned? Root and Stokes are the only two batsmen we can trust? Because I FUCKING KNEW THAT ALREADY.

Thursday

Not that it'll matter, but at least if we fail from here the focus will be more on the batting, rather than the bowling being less than a perfect against a resilient defense on day 2

Inspector Norse

England would have won this already if the umpires were calling Jamieson's back-foot no-balls.

iamcoop

Anyone that ever doubted these lads should kill themselves, get reanimated and then kill themselves again.

shoulders

Well done Root.

Again, proves nothing we didn't know already. Other than Root and Stokes everyone else did fuck all or the next thing to it.

Thursday

Never in doubt. Love this country, our boys did her maj proud on platty joobs weekend 👏

Thursday

Quote from: shoulders on June 05, 2022, 11:59:50 AMWell done Root.

Again, proves nothing we didn't know already. Other than Root and Stokes everyone else did fuck all or the next thing to it.

Feel like Foakes deserves some credit there. It is what you'd expect of someone in his position, it's just others routinely haven't.

sevendaughters

was a bit insipid by NZ bowlers but well done Rooty and also Foakes was there, the thread title paid off

mikeyg27

Quote from: Thursday on June 05, 2022, 12:21:54 PMFeel like Foakes deserves some credit there. It is what you'd expect of someone in his position, it's just others routinely haven't.

Yeah, Foakes deserves a proper run now. He's shown he can at least hang around with another batter which is an improvement.

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 05, 2022, 12:22:37 PMwas a bit insipid by NZ bowlers but well done Rooty and also Foakes was there, the thread title paid off

Southee was definitely flagging yesterday. Also, Kane got spooked by Stokes bullying Patel but he probably should have brought him back when Stokes got out.

shoulders

sevendaughters

High on the new era where we are definitely the best in the world at tests a mate has just flogged me a ticket for the Headingley test and I am going in the same clobber I have had on for platty juubs (Union flag paper bowler hat, braces, trousers, clogs)

iamcoop

shoulders

Exciting to know we are now capable of winning tests requiring us to score a total of 420 runs over 2 innings! Baby steps!

Thursday

Ban shoulders for his lack of patriotism. Trying to bring this country down to his level.

shoulders

gilbertharding

Quote from: shoulders on June 08, 2022, 03:26:02 PMhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/61687178

Irritating quote from Lees buried towards the end of this article.

You'd think someone who plays cricket for a living would understand the game a bit better than that.

shoulders

Not sure where Crawley fits into the Volvo opener analogy. Neither adhesive, slow or reliable.

Crenners

Fuck me that's depressing

Wonder what Baz had to say, hopefully few brain balls in the nets

Pranet

Angrily turned off the Gloucestershire Somerset game after four Somerset batsmen got out by twatting the ball up the air as high as possible and unsurprisingly got caught. Annoyed that sport has the ability to annoy me this much.

mikeyg27

Quote from: Pranet on June 09, 2022, 09:39:17 PMAngrily turned off the Gloucestershire Somerset game after four Somerset batsmen got out by twatting the ball up the air as high as possible and unsurprisingly got caught. Annoyed that sport has the ability to annoy me this much.

Thank you for your service. It was just the inspiration the lads needed.