Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:27:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dave Allen

Started by Armed Traffic Warden, June 04, 2022, 07:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v00n

Quote from: gilbertharding on June 06, 2022, 03:50:59 PMSometime in the middle of the 00s I worked with who seemed impossibly old but was probably in his mid 50s - and what's the opposite of 'shy'?

Brazen? Forward? Bold? Brash? Confident?

I dunno, I'm just looking at the thesaurus.

gilbertharding

Quote from: v00n on June 08, 2022, 04:55:26 AMBrazen? Forward? Bold? Brash? Confident?

I dunno, I'm just looking at the thesaurus.

Yes... he wasn't really any of those things - he just didn't have a filter between his brain and his mouth. I just hope he didn't mind being laughed at, because so many of the things he said were hilarious.

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 06, 2022, 12:53:09 PMRoy Jay.

"You'll all be doing it tomorrow..."

Just Googled him. Very sad story.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: gilbertharding on June 06, 2022, 03:50:59 PM(is there a way of looking up when that might have been? They never used to re-run his stuff much at all).

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/search/0/20?order=first&q=%22Dave+Allen%22#top

(BBC only)

Looks like he did Call My Bluff in 1966, would love to have seen that!

gilbertharding

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on June 09, 2022, 04:29:20 PMhttps://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/search/0/20?order=first&q=%22Dave+Allen%22#top

(BBC only)

Looks like he did Call My Bluff in 1966, would love to have seen that!

Ta very much.

I don't think that helps answer my question, sadly - though really really believe that the Tom Jones sketch mentioned might be the one which 'inspired' my friend (and/or his wife).