Support CaB

Subscribers don't see this.

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2022, 01:01:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Why are you shit at games?

Started by Barry Admin, June 16, 2022, 03:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stigdu

Mostly, I'm not. I'm half decent. Been gaming for 40 years and the enthusiasm and motor skills are still there. Give me a shooter or driving game and I should do OK.

The boys in the office sometimes stick on Command and Conquer, and THOSE real time strategy games I absolutely suck at. I don't even play with them, I'll just lose every time. I can't get my head round resource management and technology trees.

Also, fighting games like Tekken or Mortal Kombat. I suck at those too.

bomb_dog

You think you're shit at games? Download and try 'Fall Guys', now free on Epic, don't need to spend £6.50 on a skin to play at all. It's essentially 'Takeshi's Castle' and real players get whittled down from around 60 to 1.

Very, very surprised to win the third tournament I played. Watching some people play and it's like they don't know which way to run, or that they can even jump.

Stigdu

Quote from: bomb_dog on June 24, 2022, 09:02:19 AMYou think you're shit at games? Download and try 'Fall Guys', now free on Epic, don't need to spend £6.50 on a skin to play at all. It's essentially 'Takeshi's Castle' and real players get whittled down from around 60 to 1.

Very, very surprised to win the third tournament I played. Watching some people play and it's like they don't know which way to run, or that they can even jump.

It's great fun. My kids love it. A friend of mine worked on it (does the UI) and couldn't believe it when it took off and became such a huge thing.

bgmnts

Quote from: bomb_dog on June 24, 2022, 09:02:19 AMYou think you're shit at games? Download and try 'Fall Guys', now free on Epic, don't need to spend £6.50 on a skin to play at all. It's essentially 'Takeshi's Castle' and real players get whittled down from around 60 to 1.

To be fair, I think a lot of the people playing it are actual children.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: bgmnts on June 24, 2022, 10:15:59 AMTo be fair, I think a lot of the people playing it are actual children.
no excuses!

Barry Admin

Quote from: C_Larence on June 24, 2022, 07:10:49 AMI recently picked up Apex again and have the same problem. People seem to just want to drop and die asap and I don't understand the fun in that. The second a jumpmaster drops without pinging where they're going, (or, if I'm jumpmaster, says no to where I ping) I get as far from them as possible. 9 times out of 10 they'll die within a minute and leave. Ranked games are a little better as there's an incentive to play more tactically. Hopefully as I progress up I will consistently get placed with likeminded people

Yeah, people just love to hot drop in non-ranked games. I've never really been into it myself, but I force myself to give it my all. It does feel amazing when you manage to be the last team standing out of a hot drop, and it gives you a great head start in the game as your opponents have muled a lot of stuff you can then pick up.

Martin Van Buren Stan

I'm not a child but I've detailed my shiteness at fall guys in this thread, despite playing it for dozens of hours. Regarding your point a lot of people don't take it seriously because it's a game you can lose, then start again in a few seconds so that probably explains their shiteness. Not sure how to explain mine.

bgmnts

Streaming Apex Legends having not played in ages and what happens? Champion with 6 kills and a few assists and the like.

Why? Finally have something close to a decent connection!

RetroRobot

Dyspraxia :(
Coordination problems and a shite working memory. I play video games like a Valve playtester.