Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:31:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shaving Advice

Started by Tony Tony Tony, June 16, 2022, 10:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyl Spinks

The Acqua di Parma shaving oil then their shaving cream on top makes for the best shave I've ever had. A little goes a long way, too. I just use a Wilkinson or Gilette Fusion with it.

I genuinely think a good shave in the morning is one of life's pleasures; particularly with a good balm afterwards. Again, AdP do good balms and emulsions (though pricey).

olliebean

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on June 16, 2022, 10:11:57 PMI use a Philips oneblade because I don't shave much or need a full, close shave. Don't mind a bit of stubble. I think the oneblade is about as close you can get to a proper shave by using an electric shaver and it costs about £30.

How many shaves do you find you get from it before the blade needs replacing? Like you, I don't shave much and don't need it to be really close when I do. I can't be arsed with wet shaving, and have had a look at this as an alternative, but I've been somewhat put off by the price of the blades.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: olliebean on June 29, 2022, 05:47:58 PMHow many shaves do you find you get from it before the blade needs replacing? Like you, I don't shave much and don't need it to be really close when I do. I can't be arsed with wet shaving, and have had a look at this as an alternative, but I've been somewhat put off by the price of the blades.

I've never got through one because ineahve so infrequently and / or I keep losing or breaking them! That's one downside actually. They do seem a tiny bit fragile. Overall I'd guess they're not much more expensive per shave than anything wet

Ray Travez

Quote from: audiocreator on June 18, 2022, 11:37:10 AMShaving cream (pure aloe), grown at home and liquid gold for skin

What do you do, snap open a leaf and use it neat? Genuinely interested.
(Not sure if they're leaves or fronds or branches to be honest)

Dex Sawash

Quote from: olliebean on June 29, 2022, 05:47:58 PMHow many shaves do you find you get from it before the blade needs replacing? Like you, I don't shave much and don't need it to be really close when I do. I can't be arsed with wet shaving, and have had a look at this as an alternative, but I've been somewhat put off by the price of the blades.

I use mine once a week for a year and on same blade.
It came with 2 blades but I dropped it and broke the first one straight away. Don't drop it in the tub/on tile.

Replies From View

Surely there are algae that we can spread on our faces and ballsacks that feed on bristly textures?  Everyone would rather have algae permanently smeared all over their bodies than some beastly revolting hairs.

Replies From View

Quote from: Dex Sawash on June 30, 2022, 02:25:27 AMI use mine once a week for a year and on same blade.
It came with 2 blades but I dropped it and broke the first one straight away. Don't drop it in the tub/on tile.

Excuse me but what if the sign says "you must please drop it on the tiles or in the tub to proceed".

Dex Sawash

Just be sure to leave plenty of previously shaved hair or algae on the hard surfaces before adopting the oneblade method.

QDRPHNC

This thread has reminded me, I recently got sick of cleaning up after trimming my beard, so I finally cracked and bought one of those hair-catching things they sell on Amazon. Goes around your neck and the other end auctions to your bathroom mirror. Best $7 I ever spent.

Zero Gravitas

Suckers are for suckers.

Ray Travez

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 30, 2022, 12:30:34 PMGoes around your neck and the other end auctions to your bathroom mirror.

so how much did your beard trimmings go for in the end?

QDRPHNC

Shit I thought I fixed that.

Anyway, they're great. High recco for beardo.

Ray Travez

I'm considering it. I like shaving/ hair removal tools, as long as they're not too ugly.

MojoJojo

I use a safety razor but I don't piss about with a bowl. And wet my face and then rub this all over:

Then I use the shaving foam to work up a lather on my face. Saves a fair amount of faff.

Arko is good because it's cheap, like soap should be, unlike all the wanky overpriced sandlewood nonsense constantly being pushed. Also look at the arko man - I want to be the arko man.