Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:15:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Nonary Game

Started by bgmnts, June 19, 2022, 10:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Unsure if anyone played 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors on the DS but it was a fantastic little click and point-cum-visual novel game.

It was ported to PS4 in 2017 and is currently on Season Pass on Xbox Series X/S if anyone is interested, along with its sequel Virtue's Last Reward.

Would recommend.

brat-sampson

Loved both of these back in the day. *Peak* Anime Sci-fi murder game nonsense bullshit joy. I place them above the Danganronpas. Zero Time Dilemma rounds out the trilogy and while it doesn't hit nearly the same highs, I'd say it's worth a play through for sure.

Coincidentally, the director went on to create AI: The Somnium Files, which is *also* on Game Pass and has a well-received sequel coming out at the end of this week.

The Guppy

Big fan of 999. If you can play it on a DS, you should. It's still a great game on other platforms, but when people rave about the ending, they're talking about this:

Super-massive ending spoiler do not click
[close]

VLR is fantastic too. I only played that on PS4 so I don't know if it lost anything from the handheld original.

I played Zero Time Dilemma but I can't remember a thing about it.

FalknerHinton

VLR is great (as are the other two) and I still remember cackling the first time I saw the funniest reveal:

[Do not click on this spoiler unless you've finished VLR or you're never going to play it. Seriously, it's best enjoyed blind you're first time]

Spoiler alert

[close]

oggyraiding

I only finished VLR, got through about 80% of it, then my housemate told me the BIG twist before I had a chance to finish. I was fuming. Amazing game though. Could have done with more escape rooms, as the ones they did have were so well made.

kidney

I remember coming across 999 at random one day and was lucky to get to play it completely blind. After completing the opening escape I was hooked and couldn't put it down, I think I played through the entire thing in one session (or at least reached the 'true' ending), I was up until like 8am but it was worth it. Amazing experience.
VLR is very, very good too.

FalknerHinton

ZTD is excellent too.

I replayed it recently and had completely forgotten that

Spoiler alert
Q team had a fourth team member all along.
[close]

Some of the revelations are really quite heartwarming too.

All in all a great trilogy.