Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,324
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:36:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Polio's back

Started by Alberon, June 22, 2022, 05:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

The Polio virus has been detected in London's sewage. Parents are urged to make sure their children are vaccinated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61896411

We really are turning the clock back to Dickensian times, aren't we? I think we only need the work houses to be reinstated and we're there.

shiftwork2

This might tempt Blodwyn back.

Video Game Fan 2000

we wouldnt need expensive vaccines and water purification if lazy people and chuds would just install the PolioWatch app on their phones like good citizens

shoulders

QuoteIn a very small number of cases, thought to be between one in 100 and one in 1,000, the polio virus attacks the nerves in the spine and base of the brain.

How the fuck is that a very small number of cases.

Quote from: Alberon on June 22, 2022, 05:24:57 PMI think we only need the work houses to be reinstated and we're there.

We already have, they are known as call centres.

Butchers Blind

shiftwork2

Quote from: shoulders on June 22, 2022, 05:59:14 PMHow the fuck is that a very small number of cases.

0.001 - 0.01.  They are the smallest numbers.  Anything smaller and you'd never find them.

Zetetic

Quote from: Alberon on June 22, 2022, 05:24:57 PMI think we only need the work houses to be reinstated and we're there.

This would be a significant improvement in housing and mental health policy, so I think it's unlikely we're going to see it.

Zetetic

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on June 22, 2022, 06:18:50 PMWe already have, they are known as call centres.
Call centres don't offer shelter. (If anything they're an obvious example of a job where people will be expected to shoulder the costs of the infrastructure to do the job as well as stay alive.)

Gurke and Hare

Has monkeypox been and gone then?

McDead

Backstreet Boys consider timely rewrite

Norton Canes

Liked Gangsta's Paradise

Brundle-Fly

21st century pop is crying out for a new Ian Dury. Bring it on, I say.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Alberon on June 22, 2022, 05:24:57 PMThe Polio virus has been detected in London's sewage. Parents are urged to make sure their children are vaccinated.

Wouldn't it be better to stop letting their kids play in the sewer?

Poobum

robhug

Delighted to see Polio back

boki

Hello Polios reading this, I'm cutting back on the booze and turning my life around.

Dex Sawash

[tag] in <something polio related that rhymes with pog> form [/tag]

idunnosomename

The disease with the holio

Kankurette

I am the Great Cornpolio! I need a cane for my legs!

Video Game Fan 2000

i bet lazy chavs will be queuing up to spend time lazing in a metal tube instead of working, looking at their phones

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 22, 2022, 08:06:17 PMHas monkeypox been and gone then?

No, we're on for the monkey pox/omicron/polio super-bastard just in time for Christmas!

Butchers Blind

Like Kate Bush being back in the charts, a lot of the youth of today probably don't know about it so it's nice to see it being rediscovered.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Dex Sawash on June 23, 2022, 01:51:27 PM[tag] in <something polio related that rhymes with pog> form [/tag]

It's back! In bog form

bushwick

back to the diseased sunfaded polyester unrest of the bleeding 70s guv! Texan bars, widespread sexual harassment, Page 3 and minstrel shows next to return.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on June 23, 2022, 12:30:31 AM21st century pop is crying out for a new Ian Dury. Bring it on, I say.
A new Franklin Roosevelt would be OK too. Even another Neil Young. Such a nice disease, made lots of young people stay indoors and read books, although I guess these days they'd all be on their iPhones instead. Hey, conspiracy theory, Apple put polio in my poo!