Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:37:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[SIC]

Started by The Ombudsman, June 28, 2022, 02:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ombudsman

I watched this short doc last night. Interesting little thing. One thing I didn't understand was why the dates had to be scrubbed out towards the end. Anyone know? I did search the dates online, but didn't find anything of note happening on those days.

Dates in question were:

OCT 31 1995
MAR 16 1994
APR 3 1990

Was a nicely shot short and offered a glimpse into something quite strange to most of us. Worth a watch if you get a chance.

Mister Six

October 31, 1995, was a Halloween, which could be offensive to the people murdered by Michael Myers.

March 16, 1994, was... uh, okay I can't think of anything for that.

All right, let's stop there.

Documentary looks interesting, but I'm not going to sign up to Apple TV just to watch it. I'll see if I can find it somewhere else.

The Ombudsman

Quote from: Mister Six on June 28, 2022, 02:49:12 PMI'll see if I can find it somewhere else.

I watched it Mubi. Could only find the AppleTV listing to link in to give context.

Definitely worth getting a  day free trial to Mubi if you can. I've enjoyed quite a few things on there. Not sure if there is a dedicated thread about it. Should be if not.

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: The Ombudsman on June 28, 2022, 03:45:01 PMDefinitely worth getting a  day free trial to Mubi if you can. I've enjoyed quite a few things on there. Not sure if there is a dedicated thread about it. Should be if not.

There is one here but it was started in 2012 so probably best to start a new one for all you mubi lubbers.

The Ombudsman

Quote from: Tokyo van Ramming on June 28, 2022, 07:04:13 PMThere is one here but it was started in 2012 so probably best to start a new one for all you mubi lubbers.

Ta. Will do that in a bit. Would expect they have new stuff since then.