Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:41:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Maxwell Conviction

Started by bgmnts, June 28, 2022, 09:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/crime/ghislaine-maxwell-sentencing-latest-news-jeffrey-epstein-b2111514.html

20 years a 750k fine lol

Explain, Ghislaine:

QuoteMaxwell also addressed the court, saying that meeting Epstein was "the biggest regret of my life" and telling victims: "I hope my conviction and harsh incarceration brings you peace and finality."

Have to love a family of pure evil fuckers. Institutions.

DrGreggles

imitationleather

checkoutgirl

Quote from: bgmnts on June 28, 2022, 09:33:57 PMharsh incarceration

Harsh but fair LOL. Do child sex traffickers have as bad a time in women's prison as they do in men's? If so I hope she likes her own company.

Ferris

"Maxwell Conviction" is another one for the Chris Morris names thread

shoulders

QuoteMaxwell also addressed the court, saying that meeting Epstein was "the biggest regret of my life" and telling victims: "I hope my conviction and harsh incarceration brings you peace and finality."

Weak shit. This doesn't offer finality, this offers a glimpse below the tip of the iceberg.

This is a factory and we are so far off confronting it is undignified to even call it a fight.

She has gone nowhere near to the disclosure required to even begin a proper investigation and her legacy is that she groomed kids for rich people then struggled against receiving justice and hushed up about it even when there was next to nothing left to lose. Fuck you and rot.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: shoulders on June 28, 2022, 11:10:40 PMhushed up about it even when there was next to nothing left to lose

That kind of thinking is what weakens the hyoid bone.

Flouncer

So they've acknowledged that these crimes occurred, jailed the person responsible for procuring the underage girls, they have an address book with all the abusers' names in it and flight logs of the cunts actually going to the island to abuse the girls... And they're going to prosecute nobody in relation to the actual abuse. Seems totally above board to me.

Ferris

I'm sure senator [redacted], prime minister [redacted], and hedge fund manager [redacted] (among many others) were only in those flight logs because they got lost in the airport and boarded Epstein's plane by mistake.

It happens to the best of us.

phantom_power

Had the pleasure of meeting Ghislaine Maxwell at a charity do once. She was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny

Sorry, posted that a week early

Sebastian Cobb

you can get more than that for smoking a nice relaxing bit of crack in some parts of america

shoulders

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 29, 2022, 04:16:41 PMyou can get more than that for smoking a nice relaxing bit of crack in some parts of america

And quite right!

Replies From View

MAX WELL

SYB ILL

I wish it was the other way around x

Kankurette

Bang bang, Maxwell's in the slammer.

idunnosomename

Late nights all alone in a sex dunge-oh-ohoh-on

Replies From View

Quote"I hope my conviction and harsh incarceration brings you peace and finality."

The proximity of conviction and incarceration leads me to read it as "harsh incineration".

Zero Gravitas

Ferris

That's a federal slammer so she's going to do 18 years of the 20.

Thoughts and prayers.

shoulders

Does it say anywhere 'Sorry i groomed girls for Jeffrey Epstein and his circle of friends to rape'?

The whole passage reads weirdly in that it is both self-pitying and narcissistic while trying to make it about everything except herself.

bgmnts

Yeah obviously she's not going to say that because that would require true remorse beyond getting nicked but yeah what a gutless turd.

Alberon

Probably going to accidentally hang herself when cleaning her teeth in six months.

It's a shame this won't lead to Andrew (among many others) finding themselves in the dock anytime soon.

shoulders

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/06/29/kxkn-j29.html

QuoteWhile the corporate media has been quick to characterize the sentencing of Maxwell as a "pivotal moment" and a "measure of resolution" to the criminal enterprise of Epstein and his ultra-wealthy and elite friends, the trial produced very little new information about who was involved in the sexual abuse of underage girls or why and how Epstein was protected from prosecution for so many years.

There is no doubt that stopping this information from finding its way into the public has been a primary concern of powerful individuals and organizations within ruling circles since the suspicious death of Epstein and throughout the arrest, trial and sentencing of Maxwell.

Detailed revelations about leading individuals within the American and international bourgeois establishment that were participating in Epstein's degenerate social gatherings and then helping with a cover up of the criminality would severely undermine the authority of the ruling class.

As pointed out by Michelle Licata, one of Epstein's victims who made statements to the Miami Herald, further details on the participants in the sex trafficking scheme need to be brought out. "By Maxwell not giving up the names of the people that participated in these crimes against underage girls she is telling the world that she doesn't think she did anything wrong," Licata said.

Licata also said that Epstein's victims, who were betrayed by federal prosecutors in South Florida during Epstein's 2008 plea deal, are still owed an explanation from the government. "There has never been a 'real apology' and 'true justice' for any of us," she said. "It would be nice to hear from our own government that they failed to protect us and didn't punish the people that did it when we needed them the most."

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Alberon on June 29, 2022, 10:34:26 PMIt's a shame this won't lead to Andrew (among many others) finding themselves in the dock anytime soon.

I assume she was pressed for info on other abusers but she refused to talk, so she can fly a kite. Although the people involved were very powerful so who knows what went on behind the scenes. It's hard to believe that Epstein was the only abuser and that Maxwell wouldn't have been asked about who the others were.

Reading her statement it sounds like she's trying to sound like a normal person with compassion but the fact is she's a complete sociopath who enjoyed luring young girls in and the lavish lifestyle Epstein gave her. They were both getting what they wanted out of the arrangement for decades and still would be if they weren't caught.

Plus she went on the run, trying to avoid capture for years. She's an evil, conniving, disgusting piece of shit and can fuck right off.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: shoulders on June 29, 2022, 07:04:22 PMDoes it say anywhere 'Sorry i groomed girls for Jeffrey Epstein and his circle of friends to rape'?

The whole passage reads weirdly in that it is both self-pitying and narcissistic while trying to make it about everything except herself.

That's because she's a narcissist. I know you know that, but Maxwell is incapable of expressing genuine empathy or remorse. These people can only emit learned sounds which vaguely resemble the sort of things a genuinely contrite person might say, but ultimately it's all about how they're the real victims.

She couldn't give a solitary confinement shit about the people whose lives she destroyed.

As mentioned upthread, I daresay nothing else about this will ever be seriously investigated. The bad man is dead, the bad woman is in prison. Case closed. Nothing more to see here. What a wonderful world.

Ferris

Zero Gravitas

Hats off to a real one, nice to hear the reports of her arriving at court in chains mind.

Finding it hard to get the text of the victim impact statements that have been overshadowed by Ghislaine's outpouring of narcissism up there, but they're apparently pretty harrowing.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Alberon on June 29, 2022, 10:34:26 PMProbably going to accidentally hang herself when cleaning her teeth in six months.
Dentists recommend 2-3 minutes, she's an idiot.

And she couldn't even pretend to cry in court like her dad did to win his case against Private Eye.

Wow! That statement.

"Epstein was a manipulative, cunning, controlling man."
That's so "I'm just another victim" buck passing.
It's clear that she joined in on lots of the abuse and got off on the more psychological aspects of grooming, bribing/blackmailing the girls and trapping them into the situation.

The person who diddled me when I was little was a woman, and it didn't take me long to give up asking people for help. There's such a knee-jerk default way of seeing the fairer sex as motherly and that hurting people is so totally outside of their nature.

To not only pretend that all the other people weren't involved, but to try and exonerate yourself at the same time, that's some fucking brass neck shit.

You look at any of those photos of her and Geoffrey at parties, her wearing that smug "getting away with it" grin. It doesn't look like she's emotionally torn, does it? Looks like she's living her best life.