Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:56:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poohthology Test

Started by bgmnts, July 04, 2022, 12:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 05, 2022, 12:14:17 PMYou are a liar, but anyway listen to yourself, I'm not the best at what? This is hilarious you seem to think I'm here to sort you out, it's an incredibly self-centred view of this interaction, I'm not your therapist, this isn't therapy and I'm also not your mum.  There is no professional relationship here that you think you can grade but it's very telling that you feel you can.

See no not at all i'm just presenting you with a situation. If you are a mental health professional I wouldn't touch you with a barge pole even in my state because you seem an incredibly unempathetic individual with no fucking clue beyond statistics and data. Perhaps that's why you cling to CBT, in the same way interviewers like competency interviews you know? Requires very little understanding on your behalf and can just hide behind it.

Anyway you wade into every single thread, foul it up talking about you and your shite and I don't care so have a good day.

Buelligan

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 05, 2022, 12:14:17 PMYou are a liar, but anyway listen to yourself, I'm not the best at what? This is hilarious you seem to think I'm here to sort you out, it's an incredibly self-centred view of this interaction, I'm not your therapist, this isn't therapy and I'm also not your mum.  There is no professional relationship here that you think you can grade but it's very telling that you feel you can.

If there's no professional relationship, stop waving your job/experience around.  And stop being so aggressive.  You don't need to win this. 

It is scary that you seem unable to treat people telling you that they've suffered or are suffering, mental illness with any kind of gentleness or respect.  I repeat, this is not about you winning.

I'm sorry, I've been holding my tongue - our previous antipathy really ruined CaB for me for a very long time, I'm loathe to start it again but really, just take a breath.

Fuckitpost.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: bgmnts on July 05, 2022, 12:21:13 PMSee no not at all i'm just presenting you with a situation. If you are a mental health professional I wouldn't touch you with a barge pole even in my state because you seem an incredibly unempathetic individual with no fucking clue beyond statistics and data. Perhaps that's why you cling to CBT, in the same way interviewers like competency interviews you know? Requires very little understanding on your behalf and can just hide behind it.

Anyway you wade into every single thread, foul it up talking about you and your shite and I don't care so have a good day.

Presenting me with a situation? You are lying and using me to vent at, you've been doing it for days, you are doing it now, and now trying to attack me in the most personal way you feel you can in some imaginary world where "but if I was your therapist" when I'm not. Now called out on this bullshit you are throwing your toys out the pram because the mirror is being thrust in your face.

You told everyone CBT didn't work, all I've said is that it obviously does and to consider YOUR experience isn't same as everyone elses so don't demand that it must be.  Cue you and few other shouting poster at me for that very obvious fact and being nasty.  How is that being empathetic or conducting yourself in a way you would like to be treated? Why is it always one way? I've got plenty of understanding for those that display it for others, you aren't, that is the whole point.

None of these questions are anything but rhetorical and your sliding back into old habits with me so just take a break, I can't do much more than just give my opinions on things, as everyone else does but I'll make an effort to give you wide birth.  Cheers.

Edit: you choose to ignore virtually everything positive and supportive I have said.  Go back and read some of the posts with SMBH and perhaps consider them a bit more.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Stigdu on July 05, 2022, 11:41:50 AMIn all seriousness, I'd say that's a bloody terrible idea (the first part anyway). I'm absolutely positive it was the copious amount of drugs I took that started off my mental health issues. YMMV.

Yeah I don't think anyone took a word of what I said seriously and besides I still added a disclaimer that it was a joke so I don't see what commenting on it further is worth.

Anyway this thread is a cesspool now Trenter's bulldozed it so either way I'm out.

TrenterPercenter