Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:39:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Robocop: Rogue City (robotic police officer game) trailer dropped.

Started by H-O-W-L, July 07, 2022, 11:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-O-W-L

Looks pretty brill tee-bee-aitch. The devs also did Terminator: Resistance, a cracking game for what it was.

Mister Six

RoboCop doesn't strike me as a very interesting character to play as, though - big clompy indestructible lad wading in and letting bullets bounce off him as he slowly and systematically plugs a string of doomed baddies. Maybe that's just me though.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Kelvin

Quote from: Mister Six on July 07, 2022, 11:40:36 PMRoboCop doesn't strike me as a very interesting character to play as, though - big clompy indestructible lad wading in and letting bullets bounce off him as he slowly and systematically plugs a string of doomed baddies. Maybe that's just me though.

I can't really imagine it working as anything but a "House of the Dead" arcade shooter, where movement is less important than quick, precise, over-the-top gunplay. But there's no way anyone's releasing that in 2022.   

EDIT: Wait, is that what this is? The developers apparently released a Rambo on-rails shooter which was crap, so maybe this is the same.

bgmnts

As long as I get to eat some of that robo-paste baby food he eats, then I'll be fine.

MojoJojo

Yeah, on rails shooter could work. They should include this fan remake of a scene - https://vimeo.com/86014703

H-O-W-L

It'll probably be a free-movy linear FPS in largeish levels like Resistance was. There was a roguelite DLC level where you played as a Terminator and they got the feel of it very well by having you face large amounts of low-HP, medium-damage enemies face to face as opposed to the standard game, where you face modest amounts of high-HP, high-damage enemies and have to crawl around under cover a lot.

oggyraiding

Can Robocop run? I watched the first one and can't remember any running in it. If he can run, that's fine, the game is okay. If he can't run, that's not going to be fun.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

He runs a couple of steps out the way of the baddies' van when it crashes into the chemical tank and the bloke melts.

Goldentony

its a game, you can have him do what you want, the arcade game and genesis robocop vs terrminator the fucking guys doing jumps off tenement roofs and firing bazookas at any cunt moving and they're amazing, just have him fucking legging it at people like Linford Christie OBE bursting them with hollow points and karate thrust kicks