Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:33:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

well my brother is dead

Started by Luornu, July 16, 2022, 01:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luornu

I am! thankyou! It did feel a bit dispiriting coming back and realizing that my life is the same bleak affair that lead to my brain being broken in the first place, but I shouldn't panic, I've got some things to do, I hope that something might come of them.

It really was a bit of a wrench coming back from being with people every day and having your meals cooked for you and coming back to isolation and being too groggy to cook so it's pot noodles for lunch and dinner every day! (was too tired to do anything else!)

I'm trying not to be too pessimistic. I'm back with my mental health group in the church hall again, Still feels surreal, mentally I'm still back in the hospital, still not used to being home again yet

The night the Queen died, I watched the news while some girl who considered said queen to be her 'spiritual mother' wailed perfomatively very loudly and longly and then decided to stand in front of the screen with her hands on the screen, As the griefgasm continued in the hours after, her palm prints were still to be smudgily seen.

Everyone was grief strucken. When I gently tried to imply that I wasn't sorrowful because I never met the woman, the general reaction was as if I had advocated drop kicking a basketful of winsome kittens into the roaring torrents of the Thames

"she was a formidable lady' said one, "this puts the cat among the pigeons' said another. (the one who said that was a reality show fan, presumably she thought that Megan would start being Dramatic at the funeral or something soap operaish like that otherwise I have no idea what that means)

Interesting times.

Luornu

Also the only newspapers available in there were the Express and the Daily Mail. Accordingly I now believe that Elizabeth II was the most Holy and Sainted Godlike Human who ever lived and her Devotion was greater than that of Jesus himself or something.

And that Liz Truss is a good and noble thingummybob and......

How do people read those papers with a straight face? I'm used to the harsh propaganda of the redtops, the Mail and the Express are so....syrupy. honestly, 'our hearts are broken' speak for yourself Sarah Vine!

Glebe

Quote from: Luornu on September 16, 2022, 09:23:04 PMI shouldn't panic, I've got some things to do, I hope that something might come of them.

*thumbs up*

Armed Traffic Warden

Good to see you kept your sense of humour. Hold it dear. The only advice I'd give is, remember that though it may be while before you have 'good' days, you will have good moments. Enjoy them when they happen and know that another will come, no matter the shit in between. If I didn't usually hold on to that, I wouldn't be here still.

Luornu

Thankyou, I will.

Seems very un-cab to say 'wise words' but I will anyway!

But if it helps just pretend I said 'arse' or something....Totally out of context and all.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Hello darkness my old friend
I've come to speak my arse again