Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:59:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stray (cat videogame)

Started by Mobius, July 19, 2022, 11:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Thursday on July 24, 2022, 02:14:25 PMWell this is it for me, the enjoyment of being a cat and having a dedicated meow button lasted about 5 minutes. Mild entertainment from knocking things over and little bits of animation but that's it. Don't really blame them for making it this way, as I don't think most people wanted anything else, but for me personally, I struggle with games that have such minimal and passive interaction because I just start thinking about other things I could be doing.

It's like if you were watching a very slow film but had had to keep pressing a button and rotating the camera. I need something that requires a lot more focus and engagement, or I'd rather just be completely passive and watch something instead.

Sounds like you need .... NEKO NAVY!

Demo - https://www.vector.co.jp/soft/winnt/game/se515004.html
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/592270/Neko_Navy/
Switch - https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Neko-Navy-Daydream-Edition-1492490.html

A great shmup that caters to both beginners and experts.

Choose the fat sad cat, collect the yellow things until the dotted line around you fills up, then you wait for lots of bullets and enemies, and smash the bomb button, clearing the screen and turning everything into lovely gold cubes that you scoop up for maximum points and even lives when you earn enough point.

Malcy

I'm enjoying it loads. Been playing around 4/5 hours today and I've got stuck a few times.

Died for the 9th time a while ago and got a Out Of Lives achievement! I've died about 5 times in the space of a few minutes now as I'm at a tricky bit that's doing my nut in so taking a break.

Malcy

Well that's me finished it now. I'm liked it. Bit short though.

Spoiler alert
And he doesn't even reunite with the other cats.
[close]

Malcy

Review time now I've had time to let it settle in.

Mild spoilers.

9/10 for me. Too short but I play so few new games that I don't know if that's the norm or not. Level design although frustrating at times is great.

Sound is excellent. There's a bit in Midtown involving a cassette tape and wow. My speakers were bouncing. Outstanding. Gonna be searching the game files for that.

Zurks? They can fuck off. Glad they weren't a constant annoyance.

Liked B-12's story.

My only real issue was that until about 2/3 through the game you are this odd little unknown creature then all of a sudden you're referred to as a cat several times.

In short, too short. Although I am absolutely going to do another play through again soon. I didn't find all of the sheet music or the factory workers keys. Or buy the tapestry with 3 cans of manky energy juice. So wouldn't mind going back and trying that again.

Dyl Spinks

My thirteen year-old has been loving this game for four days; she's just completed it, but is inconsolable with grief at the ending. Tears and more tears. Has needed more than a few hugs. I've not seen her like this since the ending of Wall-E on blu ray last year.

Malcy

Quote from: Dyl Spinks on July 30, 2022, 06:55:06 PMMy thirteen year-old has been loving this game for four days; she's just completed it, but is inconsolable with grief at the ending. Tears and more tears. Has needed more than a few hugs. I've not seen her like this since the ending of Wall-E on blu ray last year.

I did feel a bit emotional at the end too so understandable. Glad she got to play it.

All these videos of people playing it and their cats right up at the screen everywhere. Salem wasn't the least bit arsed. Watched it for a minute, sighed and left the room.

He might be waiting for you to put neko navy on.