Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:38:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Non food things that make you hungry due to their verbal similarity to foods

Started by Stoneage Dinosaurs, July 27, 2022, 04:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Qunt

Replies From View

Edwina Currie always makes me crave salmonella infested chicken

flotemysost

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 28, 2022, 03:24:19 PMCock

Coq au vin

I'm sure I've posted it here before, but I inadvertently made this connection once at a fancypants work dinner, where I was seated with all these senior editors who I didn't know (and who clearly had little interest in changing that) - desperately trying to come up with some kind of in-road to innocuous small talk, without thinking I blurted out "How's your cock?" (or something like that) because the meat option (which a few of them were having) was the aforementioned poultry dish.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

beanheadmcginty

Whack-a-mole = guacamole
Galoshes = goulash (there was a whole Beano strip about this that I found baffling as a kid because I had no idea what either word meant)
Hummvee = hummus with a swirl of honey
Twat driving any Suzuki = tzatziki
Cilla waving goodbye to a Greek salad = taramasalata

easytarget

Quote from: Mobbd on July 27, 2022, 11:25:26 PM"Meat van, bread van, FOOD!"
Van Morrison(s) : food shop
Gretta Van Eat : the act of consuming food
Bready Van Halen : self explan.

Dex Sawash

non capisco

Donald Trump's lair Mar-a-lago always makes me think of a delicious Mars Bar.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Oh yeah just remembered another - the song Vienna always triggers my hunger by making me think of Vienetta. Oddly I never get that association from just the name of the city, just the song.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

thenoise

I can't even visit my neighbourhood planetarium without craving junk food, thanks to the brand names chosen by the so-called 'Mars' confectionary company for their almost offensively delicious range of chocolate bars *sigh

thenoise

John Cleese makes me want cheese, especially when he is performing the cheeseshop sketch.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

You know what John Cleese's family name was before his dad had it changed by deed poll?

Cheese

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Beagles are bagels and nothing and nobody can convince me otherwise

Paul Calf