Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:52:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

If Dinosaurs Never Existed & For 160 Million Years It Was Just Fucking Birds

Started by Dr Rock, August 07, 2022, 03:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Not even weird birds, just basically sparrows and that. Would we even care about 'the prehistoric age of birds'? It's like when it was just insects. Obviously we'd never know dinosaurs were an option, but ffs it would be well shit.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Everyone would be losing their shit over trilobites. But they should be doing that anyway, these little guys are way cooler than dinos

Zero Gravitas

But birds are dinosaurs.

You can't have dinosaurs not existing but dinosaurs existing instead.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 07, 2022, 03:35:13 PMBut birds are dinosaurs.

A t rex is not a bird, what in cunts name are tou talking about man

beanheadmcginty

steve98

I thought birds were regarded as fake, these days? Were they fake all those millions of years ago too, before man existed? I'm just askin'.

JamesTC

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on August 07, 2022, 03:33:43 PMEveryone would be losing their shit over trilobites. But they should be doing that anyway, these little guys are way cooler than dinos

They aren't anything special. Moved my bin in my front garden and there were loads of the fuckers under it.

thenoise

They probably got all big cos of the way they got squished by the rocks and shit. They're actually just tiny birds even smaller than today birds. T Rex died out cos it got bullied out of existence by some fucking pigeons.

Mr Vegetables

All birds are dinosaurs, but not all dinosaurs are birds; it's like one of those logic puzzles that they have

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 07, 2022, 03:35:13 PMBut birds are dinosaurs.

No, birds and dinos have a common ancestor.

Mr Vegetables

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 07, 2022, 05:59:00 PMNo, birds and dinos have a common ancestor.

But the common ancestor is just the common ancestor of dinosaurs, because birds are nested* within the dinos in the same way as a triceratops or whatever. We've made a choice to call them something else, but it's not really based in evolutionary relationships— although by the same logic you can say Michael Fish literally is a fish, so I guess it's a question of how you draw your lines

*like a bird's nest

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Mr Vegetables on August 07, 2022, 06:03:42 PMBut the common ancestor is just the common ancestor of dinosaurs, because birds are nested* within the dinos in the same way as a triceratops or whatever. We've made a choice to call them something else, but it's not really based in evolutionary relationships— although by the same logic you can say Michael Fish literally is a fish, so I guess it's a question of how you draw your lines

*like a bird's nest

Oh, you're right.

QuoteThe present scientific consensus is that birds are a group of maniraptoran theropod dinosaurs that originated during the Mesozoic Era.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_birds

Lock the thread.

Johnny Yesno

Imagine if Mick Lynch had known this when dealing with that stupid Question Time audience member. I assumed he knew a lot about dinosaurs. Disappointing.

Dr Rock

In a world where dinosaurs never existed:

No Jurassic Park movies
T.Rex (band) called something else
No terfs dressing as dinosaurs
Flintstones very different

TrenterPercenter

Open the door get on the floor! Everybody walk the Trilobite!

Sorry doesn't work.

Zero Gravitas

No fossil fuels, which contrary to the name are actually aged dinosaur fat and not made from ground up fossils.

The Mollusk

Quote from: JamesTC on August 07, 2022, 04:23:19 PMThey aren't anything special. Moved my bin in my front garden and there were loads of the fuckers under it.

And that's not special? They could have been writing a masterpiece jazz fusion concept album or combining their budding telekinetic powers to lift and tip the bin and free a cat which had been dumped inside. You're so quick to judge aren't you??

jobotic

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 07, 2022, 06:12:38 PMImagine if Mick Lynch had known this when dealing with that stupid Question Time audience member. I assumed he knew a lot about dinosaurs. Disappointing.

What was this?

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 07, 2022, 03:29:54 PMNot even weird birds, just basically sparrows and that. Would we even care about 'the prehistoric age of birds'? It's like when it was just insects. Obviously we'd never know dinosaurs were an option, but ffs it would be well shit.

we might all be raging about the crocodilians

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: jobotic on August 07, 2022, 11:09:06 PMWhat was this?

Mick Lynch bodies other panelists on Question Time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-05VW0q8uk

It turns out the correct answer is 'They are still with us now'.

Replies From View

Quote from: steve98 on August 07, 2022, 04:21:56 PMI thought birds were regarded as fake, these days? Were they fake all those millions of years ago too, before man existed? I'm just askin'.

Yes because if a dinosaur exists in a forest but nobody was around yet to see it then it wasn't actually there.

Replies From View

Quote from: Mr Vegetables on August 07, 2022, 05:53:21 PMAll birds are dinosaurs, but not all dinosaurs are birds; it's like one of those logic puzzles that they have

which puzzle specifically

Replies From View

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 07, 2022, 06:36:18 PMIn a world where dinosaurs never existed:

No Jurassic Park movies
T.Rex (band) called something else
No terfs dressing as dinosaurs
Flintstones very different

What about Jurassic World movies

Mr Vegetables

Quote from: Replies From View on August 08, 2022, 08:57:48 AMwhich puzzle specifically

"If all logic puzzles are made up for forum posts, is everything made up for forum posts logic puzzles." It's from Lewis Carroll

Replies From View

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 07, 2022, 06:40:51 PMNo fossil fuels, which contrary to the name are actually aged dinosaur fat and not made from ground up fossils.

Big-boned, mate

dissolute ocelot

Birds were dinosaurs but winged pterosaurs were not. This makes no sense. We should go back to the day when bats were birds and dolphins were fishes and if it ate you while you sat on the toilet, it's a dinosaur.