Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:59:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is HS Art the most suitable forum for 'creative' topics?

Started by Crenners, August 08, 2022, 08:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollis

bgmnts

I did at one point to upload some legitimate 'art' on HS Art but realised it would probably end up being laughed at even more than the silly stuff in there so thought better of it.

poo

Funny how people get wound up about HS Art. Makes me laugh.

The Ombudsman

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on August 09, 2022, 10:46:15 AMIt would be nice to have a sub forum where you can discuss painters, sculpters, photographers, whole art movements and events, current gallery themes and exhibitons. That would be fantastic, no chance at all am I going to bother tryng to do that in HS Art as it is, complete fucking waste of time for that.

I'd like that too. I've been getting into photography and photographers a bit recently. Spurred me on to try photography again, hoping I'll become less shit at it.

Mister Six

Making a separate forum for "serious" art discussion (whether CaBbers' own creations, or stuff not covered in other subforums, like photography, theatre, sculpture, radio plays/series, whatever) and keeping HS Art for people to mess around in seems like the best option.

(And I'd include CaBbers' funny comics and short stories in the "serious" art discussion bracket too, as opposed to the nonsense whimsy noodling of HS Art - which is fun in its own right, of course.)

Jim_MacLaine

Quote from: poo on August 09, 2022, 05:03:32 PMFunny how people get wound up about HS Art. Makes me laugh.

HS Art inadvertently creates laugh (1)

poo

shoulders

Wonderful Butternut

HS Art might have been intended for creative stuff at some point, but in so far as I can tell, it is currently a place to post worthless trash simply for the sake of posting worthless trash.

Outside of Merry Hell, the one useful thread in there, 90% of it appears to be: "Bums. lol."

Jerzy Bondov

I would like to propose a new subforum exclusively for discussing me and my oeuvre.

Goldentony

"boohoo this thing I never contribute to doesnt suit me, I hope series 39 of Taskmaster is good"

Goldentony

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on August 09, 2022, 06:54:36 PMHS Art might have been intended for creative stuff at some point, but in so far as I can tell, it is currently a place to post worthless trash simply for the sake of posting worthless trash.

Outside of Merry Hell, the one useful thread in there, 90% of it appears to be: "Bums. lol."

YOU WATCH STAR TREK YOU FUCKING CUNT

Goldentony

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 09, 2022, 12:01:50 PMAs an alternative thought, what if HS Art is the most suitable forum for "creative" topics, and we, simply, ban whimsy?

WHY DONT WE BAN YOU YOU FUCKING ROCK HEAD GRIMACING LITTLE SHITE

Goldentony

Quote from: RickyHamster on August 09, 2022, 03:49:20 PMI was under the impression that HS Art was the ball pit for CAB's resident Colin Hunts to frolic in.

FUCK OFF RICKY YOU BELL

touchingcloth

Quote from: Goldentony on August 09, 2022, 07:27:00 PMWHY DONT WE BAN YOU YOU FUCKING ROCK HEAD GRIMACING LITTLE SHITE

You're thinking of popcorn.

Goldentony

WHY DONT WE HAVE A CARDIACS SUB FORUM WHERE I CAN POST PHOTOGRAPHS OF WOMENS TITS

Goldentony

WHY WHEN I WAKE UP IS MY LIFE NOT AN ENDLESS CAVALCADE OF OLD CEEFAX PAGES AND MAHAVISHNU ORCHESTRA

shoulders

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on August 09, 2022, 06:54:36 PMHS Art might have been intended for creative stuff at some point, but in so far as I can tell, it is currently a place to post worthless trash simply for the sake of posting worthless trash.

In my opinion Desolation sits in the Top 10 funniest threads in the history of the forum and remains a disproportionate source of laughs on any given day, and justifies HS Art almost single-handedly.

Outside of that, there are clearly many classics to have come out of the folder, even if I haven't personally got as much out of some as others.

H-O-W-L

I like HS Art as a shitpost trashfire in itself, I think that serves a purpose and I shitpost stupid ideas that make me giggle sometimes. I've posted "real art" (it was silly parodical stuff but still) in there too and it got buried though, which I do wonder if it was because it was shit or because HS Art is just too fast moving.

So again I vote for an actual art subforum.

touchingcloth

Quote from: shoulders on August 09, 2022, 07:36:43 PMIn my opinion Desolation sits in the Top 10 funniest threads in the history of the forum and remains a disproportionate source of laughs on any given day, and justifies HS Art almost single-handedly.

Outside of that, there are clearly many classics to have come out of the folder, even if I haven't personally got as much out of some as others.

This makes me wonder whether we've had a thread titled "Please throw the baby out with the bath water". We should probably make one if not.

Vodkafone

Earlier today, I hoiked the Euphoria thread out of HSArt and I had to trawl through an awful lot of shite to find it, I can tell you. And when I found it, it was caked in semen and rancid arse gush, although I have since spat on it and rubbed it and it has buffed up ok. The only thing that made it findable was that it was one of the very few threads to have more than one page, so I agree that something like what Crenners is proposing won't work there unless it is pinned, due the amount of fresh but distinctly gamey bodily extrusion tipped in during an average day.

Ferris

pancreas

We can't make any decisions without first hearing from Glebe.

AsparagusTrevor

As much as I don't understand the appeal myself, I wouldn't have a problem with the abundance of absolutely worthless HS Art content if it didn't clog up the Unread Posts page. If a handful of people believe that a fruitful use of their time is to post short sentences about bumming then that's up to them, but I wish I didn't have to wade through all that sewage to read the rest of the site.

It'd be definitely be a positive if a new forum for actual creativity like HS Art used to be many years ago (and possibly still is somewhere, but I'm not diving into the shit to find it). It'd be even better if the baffling number of "lol bumming" "lol anuses and wanks" "lol I've just discovered a swearword" posts could be walled off from the main site.

touchingcloth

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on August 10, 2022, 08:59:12 AMIt'd be even better if the baffling number of "lol bumming" "lol anuses and wanks" "lol I've just discovered a swearword" posts could be walled off from the main site.

It is walled off. That's what a sub forum is. Don't click into it, and you won't see the lol prepuce threads.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 10, 2022, 12:23:10 PMIt is walled off. That's what a sub forum is. Don't click into it, and you won't see the lol prepuce threads.
Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on August 10, 2022, 08:59:12 AMAs much as I don't understand the appeal myself, I wouldn't have a problem with the abundance of absolutely worthless HS Art content if it didn't clog up the Unread Posts page.

touchingcloth

It's one icon. The COVID sub always has the unread icon for me cos I never go in there, but it hardly clogs things up as I just let me eye skip over it.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: poo on August 09, 2022, 05:03:32 PMFunny how people get wound up about HS Art. Makes me laugh.

Imagine an anus prolapsing on a human face, for ever.