Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:15:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is HS Art the most suitable forum for 'creative' topics?

Started by Crenners, August 08, 2022, 08:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 10, 2022, 01:21:26 PMIt's one icon. The COVID sub always has the unread icon for me cos I never go in there, but it hardly clogs things up as I just let me eye skip over it.
I think you're misunderstanding what I mean, as it's not as simple as avoiding a sub-forum. When you click on Unread Posts at the top (under the logo, on the right), it collates a list of posts from each and every sub-forum onto one list, in a pretty useful fashion. However this includes HS Art so you have to wade through a lot of 'poo and willies' shit, increasingly so as a handful of people have turned it into their own personal primary school toilet wall.

I've gotten into the routine of first going onto the HS Art sub-forum and marking all posts as read to make the Unread Posts easier to get through, but the sewage pipe leaks faster than I can keep up with.

TrenterPercenter

Always interesting to hear how people use the forum.  I never really use unread posts because there is going to of course be loads of unread posts and I don't intend to read every post on the forum).  There is some new functionality now that means you can watch threads which might be useful.

I just thought everyone clicked on subform and browsed the threads on the pages i.e. what is current in the subform.  Horses for courses I guess

Ferris

I'll typically browse "updated topics" ie stuff I've posted in, then a quick scan of HS Art because I'm a deviant, then call it a day. If I see a thread I've lost interest in, I'll switch off notifications and allow it to float on without me.

If I've got spare time, I'll have a look through "unread posts" and see all new threads/posts but I don't always bother.

touchingcloth

I've never seen that unread posts thing before, but having looked at it I can say that anyone who uses it has a serious brainwrong. Imagine liking that and having the gumption to complain about HS Art. It's like a shit fetishist calling a pissman disgusting.

AsparagusTrevor

Making use of a easy way to see all the new posts made since your last visit on a forum? That is definitely worse than a handful of people spending their time spamming childish sentences of no merit on a public forum. You've shown me the error of my ways, thank you.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on August 10, 2022, 03:17:20 PMspamming childish sentences of no merit on a public forum

I dunno HS Art has been a bit of lifesaver and refuge for me on several occasions.  It's just a bit of fun.

Chollis

round up the leaders of HS Art and make an example of them

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Chollis on August 10, 2022, 03:20:37 PMround up the leaders of HS Art and make an example of them

Chuck them all into a GAPING CLOWNE ANUS?

poo

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on August 10, 2022, 01:39:21 PMI think you're misunderstanding what I mean, as it's not as simple as avoiding a sub-forum. When you click on Unread emails
Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on August 10, 2022, 01:39:21 PMI think you're misunderstanding what I mean, as it's not as simple as avoiding a sub-forum. When you click on Unread Posts at the top (under the logo, on the right), it collates a list of posts from each and every sub-forum onto one list, in a pretty useful fashion. However this includes HS Art so you have to wade through a lot of 'poo and willies' shit, increasingly so as a handful of people have turned it into their own personal primary school toilet wall.

I've gotten into the routine of first going onto the HS Art sub-forum and marking all posts as read to make the Unread Posts easier to get through, but the sewage pipe leaks faster than I can keep up with.

I've gotten into the routine of first going onto the HS Art sub-forum and marking all posts as read

What a shit life

Replies From View

I have a morning routine of visiting a local dairy farm and adding blue colouring to all the full fat milk so that I don't accidentally buy some later in the week.

TrenterPercenter

touchingcloth

I make sure I watch everything on TV, listen to everything on the radio, and read every book on the library. It's the only way to know what's shit.

shoulders

Always assumed unread posts was just a feature of the forum engine itself and a devvy type 'we can make the database produce this easily so let's put it here' rather than a day to day feature people use.

If one folder offends you so much it surely makes most sense to avoid that and click on the folders you use which are ordered by most recent post anyway, with unread posts highlighted.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on August 10, 2022, 01:48:56 PMThere is some new functionality now that means you can watch threads which might be useful.
Yes. Perhaps watching nuclear war in Sheffield would make Anus Clowne seem funnier.

poo

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on August 10, 2022, 01:28:24 PMImagine an anus prolapsing on a human face, for ever.

Ani don't prolapse, recta do. That's what the A&E receptionist told me anyway.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on August 10, 2022, 04:15:50 PMAni don't prolapse, recta do. That's what the A&E receptionist told me anyway.

This is correct.  I just checked. 

Off to A&E see ya in a bit.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on August 10, 2022, 04:15:50 PMAni don't prolapse, recta do. That's what the A&E receptionist told me anyway.

The ani people told you that ani don't prolapse? They do by the time I've finished with them.

Joe Qunt

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Dex Sawash

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 10, 2022, 02:14:30 PMI've never seen that unread posts thing before, but having looked at it I can say that anyone who uses it has a serious brainwrong. Imagine liking that and having the gumption to complain about HS Art. It's like a shit fetishist calling a pissman disgusting.

Also, confirmed nonces

Dex Sawash

popcorn

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on August 10, 2022, 08:59:12 AMIf a handful of people believe that a fruitful use of their time is to post short sentences about bumming then that's up to them, but I wish I didn't have to wade through all that sewage to read the rest of the site.

Sorry but this is reductive about the kind of content HS Art produces. We also spend a lot of time making criminal allegations against each other.

Ferris

And daft Only Fools fan fiction and extending ideas past their logical funny point to see if they become funny again. Often they don't, but you can try an idea or two and see if anyone else is interested in playing a writing improv game with whatever you came up with.

Basically the same few dozen people trying to make each other laugh in a fairly low pressure free-form environment. There's a lot more to it than puerile bum gags (though yeah we keep our collective eye-in there too).

machotrouts

Quote from: Endicott on August 10, 2022, 05:43:35 PMImagine, if you will, an Unread Posts screen that excludes any forum(s) of your choice. What sorcery would this be?

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=90958.msg4755175#msg4755175

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/406588-cook-d-and-bomb-d-ignore-topics/code

Thank you!!

H.S. Art you are now free to make threads that are 100% libelling me personally and I'll never find out. "machotrouts bums children with his deso gay willy", that kind of thing x

Goldentony

nobody who posts there gives a fuck about you, your thoughts, opinons or anything you've said and done so don't be so arrogant and fuck off and block the forum you little shithouse rat

touchingcloth

Quote from: popcorn on August 10, 2022, 05:54:21 PMSorry but this is reductive about the kind of content HS Art produces. We also spend a lot of time making criminal allegations against each other.

Yeah, it's a broad church. For example, we all remember the "Matter of Fact Broadchurch" thread.

fortune palace

no issue with the continued existence of HS Art, but it's always struck me as a bit Noel Fielding.

"bummed in the arse with a kipper, mate! arsed? cigs."