Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:42:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Unionion

Started by jonnycuba, August 08, 2022, 12:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnycuba

This could be a thing! Westminster politics is not going to do anything for us.
Mick Lynch has shown us there is another way...

https://wesayenough.co.uk/

Ignore the faux emotional music...

Fambo Number Mive

Thanks for posting, have signed up.

canadagoose

I'm trying but I'm getting a 502 Bad Gateway error, anyone else?

shoulders

Thanks also, signed and shared.

Acorn are very good guys, so didn't hesitate once I saw they were involved.

jonnycuba

Quote from: canadagoose on August 08, 2022, 12:31:27 PMI'm trying but I'm getting a 502 Bad Gateway error, anyone else?

Too many trying to sign up, crashed the site, apparently fixed now.

canadagoose

Quote from: jonnycuba on August 08, 2022, 12:33:45 PMToo many trying to sign up, crashed the site, apparently fixed now.
Still "bad gateway" for me. I'll give it a day or two.

shoulders

Argh, dumbasses...

Why start a movement on a platform that can't cope with sign ups. They are losing thousands even as I type.

TrenterPercenter

Awful colour scheme.  They should reconsider that.

Also I'm not sure about union of unions it's 3 of the smaller unions in the UK about 300k between them.  Still you've gotta start somewhere but it will be interesting in how UNITE (probably the most amenable), UNISON or GMB will feel about it without being founder members and under what circumstances they would be involved.

shoulders

They've created a rally point which is what was needed, let's see.

Zero Gravitas

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 08, 2022, 02:57:50 PMwobblies btfo

Yep it's not like it hasn't been done before.  Time and place are key influencers of success though.

Buelligan

Didn't see this earlier but it's obviously a very positive step.  So heartening to see CaBbers stepping up and signing up.  Loved the vid.  And I love Ronan Burtenshaw and Mick Lynch.  And Zara Sultana.  Dave Ward.  Eddie Dempsey.  Beautiful.

Quote"It's time everyone in this country who's got a rotten landlord, who's got a low wage, who's got in-work benefits, who's going to a food bank, stood up together and said enough is enough."

https://twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/1556560251360579585

TrenterPercenter

On insta now also https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cg_fgIXodVS/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Was just sent this in a message from an ex journalist friend that is still linked in...

A good sign

Armed Traffic Warden

Signed.

Missed a trick not using:
'(The establishment's) Alright already!'

Instead of 'enough is enough'

Vodkafone

Signed up. I'd heard about this from Acorn, which I'm a member of, and they are a good lot. Looking forward to stuff happening near me.

The Mollusk

When will I receive my stickers

Buelligan

Give me your address and I'll send someone round.

Kelvin

This is great, has the potential to grow into the best thing for the left since Corbyn. Clear aims, the right people involved, a good start,

The Mollusk

Quote from: Buelligan on August 08, 2022, 05:58:18 PMGive me your address and I'll send someone round.

Is their name Bill? I won't hesitate to have them prosecuted.

Captain Z

Sounds good, signed up.

Crenners

Top people involved here, unwaveringly intelligent and incisive communicators. Dempsey and Lynch will make people feel they can run through walls, which is what's needed.