Support CaB

Subscribers don't see this.

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

August 09, 2022, 09:39:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsfredtitmus

I like rolling up pieces of paper and throwing them at it

Attila

Mr Biggie is adapting to life in a cone-of-shame. He tore open part of his face whilst scratching with a broken back claw (since trimmed off),and just kept aggravating the sores til he looked like a kitty meth-head.

We started with a soft collar, but he learned to turn it inside out, and wrecked his head anew.

He's now sporting a rigid plastic one that fits more snuggly. Doesn't bother him, but it bothers me, as he likes to sit on my lap for extended cuddles and that. One of his favourite things is to lick/bite my nose, so when he turns to do that, his cone fits over my face like a jet-pilot's oxygen mask, and before I can get away (he's fast) I get a faceful of cat stank.


Alberon

One of our cats purrs away to herself even with no attention. Usually when she's sleeping on the computer chair and I have to use the folding wooden one instead as I'm way too soft to push her off.

Malcy

The devil cat saga is pretty much over. I received a deferred sentence as it was my only dealing with police ever.

The accusations of threats of violence were thrown out for being lies and after the judge read my lengthy statement justifying why I shouted at the owner and all I had endured because of the cat I was told that that was the outcome.

Glad it's over but still have to deal with the cat. As bad as it sounds I hope it attacks a small child soon as really that is the only way anything will ever be done about it. Scarring someone for life, causing people thousands of pounds in vet bills and putting a pensioner in hospital, breaking of the law and council tenancy agreements are apparently not valid enough reasons for several organisations to take action so unfortunately that is probably the only thing that would but not holding my breath.

Appreciate the support and jokes that have been on here regarding it over the past year. You're all a nice bunch really!

The Mollusk

Love to ya Malcy, sounds like such an awful ordeal. I feel sorry for the evil cat as well, no cats are born that way really, it's obviously had a shite time at some point in its life, mistreatment likely, and is probably upset/freaked out by the world. It makes me really sad to think about a cat like that, but like you said at this point there's almost certainly nothing else that can be done save for it somehow being taken in by a shelter, even if it's eventually deemed unfit to be rehomed... Fuck, sorry, this is really bumming me out. :(

Malcy

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 24, 2022, 09:27:56 PMLove to ya Malcy, sounds like such an awful ordeal. I feel sorry for the evil cat as well, no cats are born that way really, it's obviously had a shite time at some point in its life, mistreatment likely, and is probably upset/freaked out by the world. It makes me really sad to think about a cat like that, but like you said at this point there's almost certainly nothing else that can be done save for it somehow being taken in by a shelter, even if it's eventually deemed unfit to be rehomed... Fuck, sorry, this is really bumming me out. :(

Thank you.

I thought it was a stray at first and was all for trying to bring it in and look after it as I felt sorry for it and can't stand the thought of a cat being alone and unloved.

It was the fact it's not neutered I don't think so anytime it attacks a cat it causes so many problems and expensive antibiotic treatments. She claimed it was neutered until I challenged her over and over and then said ok I'll get it done. It's free! But still didn't do it. I sent the council a lengthy complaint and they rang back to say they had rang the owner and asked that she get it microchipped. Microchipped.

I feel sorry for the cat too. It needs a proper home. But it's hard to keep that sympathy up when you're in debt by a lot because of shelling out £3-400 at the vets every time it attacks my Salem.

Cat a few doors up was in such a bad state the owner had to get Cats Protection to collect it in a special basket as it was in such a bad way they could t get it into the normal cat carrier.

And she still gets away with it. It's really sad as think she has other cats which have now been spotted by my neighbour. I've tried everything. I can't help them. It's very sad.

I'm quite amazed about the physical feeling I have never mind the mental. My anxiety is 90% less what it was. I no longer have this horrible feeling of dread every day. I have a lot to worry about still and that cat is one of them but to not have the charge over me is like someone has removed an anvil from my chest. I know it was just a breach of the peace but 35 and not even a caution or warning against me to be put in me by this when I'm the victim was tough.

Should have seen the pissed off look on the judges face when he read my multi page explanation for my actions. With each new page he sighed and had a look of "fuck sake". But glad he took it all in to account.

The Mollusk

Bloody hell man. Yeah, that's rough as fuck, I can only relate with the anxiety of having other stuff hanging over me like debt fears and stuff but it's similar I guess, and it is horrible, especially when you're just trying to do the right thing. It's a shame there's no screening process for potential pet owners out in the wild and the world must be full of cases like this, such a nightmare to resolve and to make matters worse you're viewed as the crazy or unhinged one for becoming more frustrated, upset and angry trying to find justice.

You've done your level best though, if you can try and find some solace in the fact that you did everything you could and stood up to it and achieved some sort of very small victory, inconsequential though it is. You fought the law and uhh... weren't prosecuted? Regardless, it takes stamina and guts in the face of horrible adversity and I have to commend that. I hope things get easier for you in the future.

Malcy

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 24, 2022, 11:19:14 PMBloody hell man. Yeah, that's rough as fuck, I can only relate with the anxiety of having other stuff hanging over me like debt fears and stuff but it's similar I guess, and it is horrible, especially when you're just trying to do the right thing. It's a shame there's no screening process for potential pet owners out in the wild and the world must be full of cases like this, such a nightmare to resolve and to make matters worse you're viewed as the crazy or unhinged one for becoming more frustrated, upset and angry trying to find justice.

You've done your level best though, if you can try and find some solace in the fact that you did everything you could and stood up to it and achieved some sort of very small victory, inconsequential though it is. You fought the law and uhh... weren't prosecuted? Regardless, it takes stamina and guts in the face of horrible adversity and I have to commend that. I hope things get easier for you in the future.

That's really lovely mate, thank you.

Buelligan

Just want to leave a little epitaph here for Moonlight. 

One of the first feral litter I helped to survive.  Born in a drain to Black and Whitey, sister to the still living and mighty Cobweb with the Broken Tail. 

Moonlight lived her life wild and free but came every morning, every night, of her ten years to my door and shouted for the good stuff.  The most beautiful of all.  Tabby but her pale bits were bright silver white, her dark stripes dark grey.  No hint of colour except her David Bowie eyes which were lilac blue, one open round pupil, one snake.  And one beautiful folded ear.  Lithe and lovely.  A powerful queen.  Deeply loved.

She died this morning, suddenly, from a car and will receive a sky burial.  Moonlight, monochrome rorschach, I loved knowing you.  I will remember you.

The Ombudsman

Sorry to hear that Buelligan.

Pink Gregory


Buelligan

Thanks.  It feels a bit wrong to love something extra because it was so beautiful.  But she was and I'm really extremely sad that she's dead.  She was very strange and rare.  An ornament to reality.

The Mollusk

Heartfelt condolences, B. x

Brian Freeze

Thanks for sharing your love and memories of her.

bgmnts


Zero Gravitas



Pretty happy with the heat.

Sleeping on her dedicated desk bed next to me all day long.

The Mollusk



Raymond got in a fight last week and tore his (empty) ballbag open -it was really fucking gnarly to look at - so he had to have stitches. He's an extremely outdoor cat and being trapped inside for 9 days, especially over the last 2 where I've had all the curtains and blinds shut to keep the heat out, is at times unbearable for him. I'm glad he's become immediately reaccustomed to the litter tray though because this boy does some fucking monster shits.

He's mostly adapted to cone life now but on the first couple days seeing him constantly bonk into everything like a faulty roomba was very funny.

I think you'll all agree he's managing to style it out very nicely too.

bgmnts

He looks like he's come to collect a payment off me, and will use claws if he has to.

Unnerving.

Icehaven

Aww I'm really sorry for your loss Buelligan, you helped Moonlight have a lovely life though.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 19, 2022, 06:47:44 PM



I swear, the minute I get out of this confounded contraption, I'm having your guts for garters!

I dont think Raymond talks like this what am I doing

Kankurette

I've had a new cat flap fitted yesterday and it's one of those high tech ones that reads microchips, and Gary is not too happy about it. He can use a cat flap as he used the last one just fine, but I think it's the whirring noise it makes that pisses him off. He only goes through it if I open it by hand. Any advice?

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Kankurette on July 26, 2022, 10:16:56 PMI've had a new cat flap fitted yesterday and it's one of those high tech ones that reads microchips, and Gary is not too happy about it. He can use a cat flap as he used the last one just fine, but I think it's the whirring noise it makes that pisses him off. He only goes through it if I open it by hand. Any advice?

Wait or treats nearby while manually swiping it.

Brian Freeze

I spent a fortune on a leccy one and ended up using it old style as our cat wasnt up to using it. I think he'd listen for the click and spend a couple of seconds wondering what the bloody hell that noise was and by that time it was too late and he'd not got the grasp of reversing to try again. Or would but then spend a couple of seconds wondering what that clicking noise was etc etc etc  We put the fuckers rent up until he'd paid us back for the cat flap.

Head Gardener


Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Malcy on May 14, 2022, 10:05:49 PMJust sent this picture to my mum and then explained it isn't Salem and it really confused her. Identical down to the little patch of white on the chest.
Strangely enough, I recently found out that this one is also named Salem.


Kankurette

Why do cats know how to come in but not go out?

Head Gardener

Quote from: steve98 on July 31, 2022, 07:53:19 PMWhat's the name of this saucy-lookin' scamp?

Sylvester, new guy, had him about a month, he's a POPPET

Quote from: Kankurette on July 31, 2022, 08:08:50 PMWhy do cats know how to come in but not go out?

mines an indoors cat, it's for the best