Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:06:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 23/24

Started by Blue Jam, June 26, 2023, 03:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOLAN

Great scrappy match winning break from Ding, to knock out Murphy 5-3. Happy days.

Blue Jam

Did Ronnie and The Hoss hug?

Norton Canes

Kankurette

Blue Jam

Minami Minegishi

Both matches were highly enjoyable - fair play to Hoss. He just about held his nerve.

As usual, would really love to see lovely Ding take home the trophy.

Kankurette

Ding vs Hoss is one of those matches where I honestly don't mind who wins.

The Culture Bunker

I'm Vafaei all the way, but you can't rely on him to hold his nerve in the crunch matches. He got lucky today - watching that last frame, O'Sullivan seemed a bit agitated. Seemed like the ref was having to frequently tell the crowd to behave, so not sure if that played a part.

One outsider (Page or Slessor) will be enjoying a nice pay day for making the last four, at least, and nice to see Robertson get past the second round for what seems the first time in ages.

shoulders

Slessor, Hoss and Brecel leading the BALD BASTARDS charge

Kankurette

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on March 21, 2024, 08:16:32 PMI'm Vafaei all the way, but you can't rely on him to hold his nerve in the crunch matches. He got lucky today - watching that last frame, O'Sullivan seemed a bit agitated. Seemed like the ref was having to frequently tell the crowd to behave, so not sure if that played a part.

One outsider (Page or Slessor) will be enjoying a nice pay day for making the last four, at least, and nice to see Robertson get past the second round for what seems the first time in ages.
Were the GWAAAARN RONNIE fans at it again?

ETA: just watched the highlights and wow, was not expecting him to miss that black.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Kankurette on March 21, 2024, 09:20:39 PMWere the GWAAAARN RONNIE fans at it again?

ETA: just watched the highlights and wow, was not expecting him to miss that black.
I saw another match the other day (Allen getting knocked out) and the problem then seemed to be more people moving around in the player's eyeline when taking a shot. Not sure if that was the case today, as I watched the replay on the sly at work with the sound off.

Brian Freeze

Caught a couple of frames of Judd/Kyren with the sound off (still in play at time of writing) and they had a re-rack for a laugh.

How rare is a re-rack in the professional game?

sevendaughters

Quote from: Brian Freeze on March 22, 2024, 09:25:16 AMCaught a couple of frames of Judd/Kyren with the sound off (still in play at time of writing) and they had a re-rack for a laugh.

How rare is a re-rack in the professional game?

1 or 2 per tourney

Kankurette

Trump, Page, Robbo and Ding through. Shame Trump didn't get Robbo, imagine the hair jokes.

ETA: I might be childfree but Ding's daughter is ADORABLE. And his missus is called Apple!

Sonny_Jim

Cousin Wing with his incomprehensible signature

Kankurette

I watched the Trump match highlights and fucking HELL that green was ridiculous.

Kankurette

So Trump's in the final now. I'm looking forward to watching the highlights. GWAAARN Ding.

(I don't have Discovery+, I watched the highlights of Trump vs the sad kitten on Youtube, but it might be worth getting)

Minami Minegishi

That Ding/Robbo match was a scrappy, arse-clenchingly tense delight.

Minami Minegishi

Anyone watching the final?

Ding is getting hard fucked by an on-form Trump. It's not nice to see.

Kankurette

Just went on Eurosport and holy shit, Trump is 7-2 up.

dr beat

Mid session break at the moment.  Trump only needs one more frame but Ding has won the last two.

kidney

The World Mixed Doubles is about to commence.
Robertson & Mink are looking to defend their title this weekend up against Selby & Kenna, Trump & Baipat, and Brecel & Evans.

sevendaughters

Quote from: kidney on March 30, 2024, 12:59:07 PMBrecel & Evans.

Cruelly robbed on Opportunity Knocks in 1978, their "broken teasmaid" routine used to tear down houses in the Batley/Hunslet area

Blue Jam

On-yee off the tour then? Presumably O'Sullivan just has "stage fright" again.

This one's on ITV4 peeps. And the custom shirts are a definite improvement on last years' "school uniform with stubby tie" design that made poor Mink look about twelve.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 30, 2024, 02:39:26 PMOn-yee off the tour then? Presumably O'Sullivan just has "stage fright" again.

This one's on ITV4 peeps. And the custom shirts are a definite improvement on last years' "school uniform with stubby tie" design that made poor Mink look about twelve.

What the fuck is going on with the awful seating with the step that they KEEP hitting loudly with their expensive cues?

They have ton of space and they've shoved them into a corner, and then propped them on a barstool directly in front of a step.

Seriously, is it just me?

Minami Minegishi

Also, I'm quite enjoying these matches. I find the different dynamic quite refreshing.

Also, and I might being dim here so please correct if so, but this seems like quite a good thing for non-man snooker. Certainly in terms of exposure.

Blue Jam

Nice late effort from Sminky Pinky to clinch the fourth frame but it was too little too late. Even Mink can't help Robbo in his current form.

What are the odds of Robbo failing to qualify for the Crucible? Higher or lower than Lebowski's?

kidney

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 31, 2024, 03:13:22 PMWhat are the odds of Robbo failing to qualify for the Crucible? Higher or lower than Lebowski's?
Looking at the draw, Robbo is likely to face Jamie Jones on Rob Walker's patented "Judgement Day" for a place at the Crucible, who would be a stodgy opponent over a multi-session match. Lisowski has a fairly forgiving draw (and it would be very on-brand for him to somehow fuck it up).