Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:55:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Let's all get massively upset about the 'Clue' remake

Started by Rev, August 19, 2016, 02:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

I saw Clue at the pictures twice in 2 weeks (second week I think Back to the Future was full)

It's a great film although still not a patch on the similar Murder By Death.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 23, 2016, 02:55:22 PM
I saw Clue at the pictures twice in 2 weeks (second week I think Back to the Future was full)

It's a great film although still not a patch on the similar Murder By Death.

I watched Murder By Death last night due to the recommendations in this thread and did enjoy it a fair amount, but I slightly prefer Clue. I've a few minor quibbles with the plot of MBD,
Spoiler alert
like how did Miss Marbles recognise Sam Diamond when he was played by an actor? And if the idea was to humiliate but not harm them, the killer was damn lucky the bomb didn't hurt anyone, and that the snake didn't strangle the adopted son, as they would be locked up for that instantly.
[close]
There is a lot to like about the film, and the majority of the cast are superb, but I also thought it wasted Peter Sellers completely, he played it almost straight and it felt like a curious decision given his abilities. Oh yeah, and as much as I like Truman Capote, he's a terrible, terrible actor.