Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:02:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2022: The Thuglife Era (Stokes, Woakes, Foakes, and plenty of chokes)

Started by sevendaughters, June 04, 2022, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Crenners

I actually do think this is good stuff. I'm happy to see Crawley playing some shots. 50-1 is a pretty solid start.

Edit lmao

QuoteThe CricViz Analyst @cricvizanalyst

As an opener, Zak Crawley plays a false shot to 20% of the balls bowled to him. Only two openers since 2006 (min 20 innings) have a higher false shot percentage in Test cricket: John Campbell, and Mark Stoneman. #ENGvNZ

sevendaughters

Crawley is such a shit-obsessed faecophile. Get in the bin of history.

iamcoop

"Crawley's chance-less and fluent 25 finally showed us all what he's capable of. Whilst it's enough to cement his place as an opener for the next decade, he'll know he needs a big knock in the next 6 months to keep the naysayers at bay" - Jonatton Agnew, TMS (probably)

Crenners

Love that clown shot from root, imagine Allan Lamb seeing that from the future in a dream, guy would be calling Robin Smith off a payphone for 10p and saying fucking hell Rob mate I had this mad dream

iamcoop

Just nuking these cunts six feet under now. If you're a kiwi may I politely suggest you kill yourself and submit your soul to the three motherfucking lions (I've had a drink)

Thursday

Can't believe we were all wrong and England are now the best Test team in the world.

Bazball is the way, and I will give my money, home and all its possessions to him.

Pranet

Does this mean we don't have to burn county cricket to the ground after all?

Jasha

Quote from: Crenners on June 26, 2022, 06:18:57 PMLove that clown shot from root, imagine Allan Lamb seeing that from the future in a dream, guy would be calling Robin Smith off a payphone for 10p and saying fucking hell Rob mate I had this mad dream

"fahrkin heil Rob maiht eeeeye hid this maid drim"

shoulders

2 hours in the queue for the free peasant ticket for tomorrow's play, the page opens up and they're all gone or the thing doesn't even work.

rjd2

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/india-tour-of-england-2021-2022-1239527/leicestershire-vs-indians-tour-match-1320817/full-scorecard

2 obvious points to be made. This looks like a really fun match for the Indian players involved, but when it comes to preparation for facing the unstoppable England lads,,,LOL Fucked.

Rohit got the clap/covid so might miss the test which is not ideal as he finally figured out how to bat overseas recently, Rahul also in the bin.

shoulders

Realise we are all probably labouring the point now but wherever you look there is a damning Crawley stat.

Last 6 series average:

Now averaging 22 as an opener, our worst ever - just fallen below Brearley.

Thursday

Feels like this should be his last chance, maybe he'll get one more go against India. Even Burns was better than this, even if he doesn't fit the idea of Bazball so well. I'd say it's time to give someone else who's performing in County Cricket a go though.

I don't know if just that he looks like a very lanky child, but he has never looked comfortable, so many erratic movements.

king_tubby

shoulders

Just as play is about to resume the rain returns.

Meanwhile Kent have conceded 500+ what seems like the 500th time this season.

Sam Curran on 90 from 58!

Cuellar

sevendaughters

shoulders

badaids

This umpire has the most gammonest face in the history of magenta pork-based meat product faces.  It's so bloated his eyes have shut, which somehow doesn't seem to impede his ability to umpire.

iamcoop

Boult looking as uncomfortable as Leach's family when he tells them how old his partner is.

Thursday

This is proper cricket, none of that Mitchell and Blundell boring their way to scores nonsense.

badaids

Bracewell looks like a new cohort Tory MP.  Can just imagine him in jeans, blazer and open-neck white shirt voting to bring back the death penalty.

badaids

Can't believe we're going to beat NZ 3-0, just doesn't seem fair on such a good and likeable team.  In every other parallel universe we totally shank all these run chases.

Thursday

Quote from: badaids on June 27, 2022, 02:34:32 PMCan't believe we're going to beat NZ 3-0, just doesn't seem fair on such a good and likeable team.  In every other parallel universe we totally shank all these run chases.

Will be very funny if we beat India next week to level that series because they fancied going home early when they probably would have beaten us.

shoulders

What an unbelievably boring turd Root is as an interviewee.

'Let's see what he does moving forward'

Jesus.