Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:21:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Scones

Started by Brian Freeze, March 05, 2024, 08:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scone

Scone
8 (26.7%)
Scone
14 (46.7%)
Scone
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 06, 2024, 04:16:36 PMWith Clatty's historical evidence for scon and every person without a bumbling lower middle class affectation saying scon I think we can finally bring this thread to a close. Thank you for your participation.  Bye
But we haven't decided which order the cream and jam go on.

Brian Freeze

How about premixing the jam n cream so it doesn't matter which goes on first and everyone is happy?

I believe the culinary term Pink Panther is already in use or we could call it that.

Mrs F very kindly made me some heart shaped scones for Vday but could only find Elmlea so whipped that instead. Apparently it weren't easy (or good, but I wasn't going to be ungrateful)

dontpaintyourteeth

I can't believe you're all this committed to pretending scones are nice. Just eat something nice instead

gilbertharding

Solidly middle class and Southern here - and I pronounce it Sconn.

Gurke and Hare

Is there any topic so unimportant that gets people so angry as the jam/cream order thing?

(Jam first obviously you COMPLETE FUCKING CREAM-FIRST CUNT)

Senior Baiano

jobotic

Why would you put cream on anything? Duh I put cream on scones and milk on bread and ice cream on toast and cheese on the ceiling.

I put butter and jam on a scone. IN THAT ORDER

ros vulgaris

We usually just use butter alone where I'm from.

Senior Baiano

Quote from: Brian Freeze on March 08, 2024, 05:16:49 AMHow about premixing the jam n cream so it doesn't matter which goes on first and everyone is happy?

I believe the culinary term Pink Panther is already in use or we could call it that.
Mispreadgenation!

Underturd

Jam is denser than cream so obviously the cream goes on top, and anyone who says different is broken in the soul.

Jerzy Bondov

I live in Cornwall near the Devon border and the jam/cream thing was a fun bit of local banter but it has now become unacceptably mainstream and I'm completely sick of it. It's jam first though obviously.

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: jobotic on March 08, 2024, 09:56:09 AMWhy would you put cream on anything? Duh I put cream on scones and milk on bread and ice cream on toast and cheese on the ceiling.

I put butter and jam on a scone. IN THAT ORDER
And quite right too.

The Dog

Scone. Rhymes with one.

Steven88

Brian Freeze

Scone update:

They were bucking frilliant.

Goats cheese and grana padano were the favourite but the smoked cheddar were a close second.

Saw recipe suggestions for either cayenne pepper or mustard powder in the mix so thought "fuck it" and did both. 100% will do again.

Definitely better warm so heated some up and wrapped them in tin foil, a tea towel and an insulated lunchbox and had them in a picnic.

None left now.