Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,800
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:08:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tesco to age verify fruit?

Started by Hangthebuggers, February 05, 2015, 07:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangthebuggers

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plymouth-woman-37-asked-ID-buying-melon-case/story-25974103-detail/story.html

QuoteA BAFFLED shopper was told she would need to show ID to buy fruit – in case it fermented and turned alcoholic.

QuoteBut the response from Tesco wasn't what she was expecting – as well as apologising for bad customer service she was told all fruit might soon be age-verified incase "natural fermentation" takes place.

Fuck knows?

biggytitbo

No wonder they're a business in decline, they have gone mad.

NoSleep

Bricks of concentrated grape were sold during the prohibition era that contained the following warning on the pack:

NoSleep

Why's this in technology? Been hitting the melon again?

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: NoSleep on February 05, 2015, 07:29:13 AM

Oops. Just noticed... Well there's no going back now.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: NoSleep on February 05, 2015, 07:29:13 AM

I was hoping Tesco were unveiling a new machine which could tell how long it was since the fruit had been picked.

Mister Six

Big Jack McBastard

QuoteShocked Kate, from Cattedown, said she "fell about laughing" when she heard the packet of melon and grape she bought at Tesco on New George Street might require ID.

QuoteInformation administrator Kate said: "When I got the response from Tesco I told my friend at work and we fell about laughing – it's just incredulous. You couldn't make it up.

TWICE! I bet she had that phrase ironed on her shirt for that phot-op as well but it got cropped.

Quote"It's just incredulous"

For fucks sake...

QuoteI made a joke about the melon being security tagged and she actively blanked me

I get the impression this woman is a pain in the arse.

All the same, how out of date and rammy are Tescos fruit products if that shit is fermenting in the store?

The penny pinching cunts can't be bothered to employ someone to check if food is still viable?