Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,497
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:46:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Just Cause 2 [split topic]

Started by mobias, March 17, 2010, 11:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobias

Been playing through JC2 this weekend and been progressing through the missions a bit. Can anyone here who plays it tell me how you successfully carjack a vehicle that has an army goon in it? It says to follow the on screen prompts but they're only up for about a nano second and no matter what I always seemed to get thrown to my death by the pilot or driver.     

Big Jack McBastard

I spent for fucking ever hanging off the bottom of helicopters and blowing them to shit from below not realizing you can jump up and hi-jack them (A QTE kicks in where you beat the pilot's ass, 3 buttons no bother). I must have been 3/4 done with the game when I cottoned on to it, derp.

With the cars you can clamber all over them while hanging on, get onto the front bumper and kill the gun-toting passengers first then go for the driver, should make things easier.

Jim Jarmusch

Having to puchase items individually using the Black Market is an annoyance. You've ran out of ammo with all three weapons and have neither grenades or remote explosives. Instead of being able to check boxes for all items to be delivered you have to go through the whole process five times if you want a full inventory ready for your next battle.

The money I don't have a problem with and it makes sense that you can't just buy a helicopter once and have it appear for you whenever you hit trouble without further payment. I actually thought you would need to pay for Sheldon's extraction service the same way you usually do for fast travel so didn't bother to ever use it until after finishing all the Agency Missions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPPBDvRPr4M

I completed Hardcore last night in about 10 hours and 87 hours for 75%. Platinum in 14 days. The Invincible Warrior trophy was quite easy on Hardcore, 37 kills under 60 seconds without much damage on the Faction Mission "Holy Smoke" and another 13 on one where you have to destroy SAM sites at a Mansion that was the closest on the map. As long as your health replenishes back to full it counts. That's what the "Perfect Combo" announcements are all about.

Very enjoyable game, next on the list is Mafia 2 PriceMinister had the Collectors Edition for £10.88 with GH5 code.

Mister Six

Jim Jarmusch

Quote from: Mister Six on January 24, 2011, 02:48:30 PM
Don't do it! Mafia 2 is shit.

I got told Borderlands was shit and that kept me busy for a similar length of time.

My expectations for Mafia II are low but for a £10 it's worth trying out for myself. I'd like to play The Saboteur and Godfather II to see what they're like if the price was right before LA Noire comes out at the end of May.

Max Payne was delayed till later this year, excuse my ignorance but that's open world right?

El Unicornio, mang

Mafia 2 is actually pretty good, worth a tenner anyway. And it has naked breasts.

Mister Six

Quote from: Jim Jarmusch on January 24, 2011, 03:42:16 PM
I got told Borderlands was shit and that kept me busy for a similar length of time.

My expectations for Mafia II are low but for a £10 it's worth trying out for myself. I'd like to play The Saboteur and Godfather II to see what they're like if the price was right before LA Noire comes out at the end of May.

Max Payne was delayed till later this year, excuse my ignorance but that's open world right?

The original Max Payne games were strictly linear but gloriously fun all the same. Mafia 2 is completely linear. Well, there are bits where you can drive off the route they plan for you but there's never anything out there to do so why bother?

Borderlands is the exact opposite of Mafia II: no plot, just endless, wonderful shooty gameplay. Mafia II is like watching the world's most tedious Godfather knockoff, but one that goes on for about fifteen hours.

Steven88

I've just started playing this on my laptop, it still looks pretty good to say it's 11 years old. I originally had it for the xbox 360 but picked it up for a couple of quid on Steam. It's still my favourite blow shit up game and miles better than the two games that followed.
Having to translate the codes for hacking and attacking people in vehicles is pretty awkward because i'm playing with a PS4 controller and all the on screen prompts are for an xbox controller.

Neomod

Quote from: Steven88 on November 28, 2021, 12:23:16 AMI've just started playing this on my laptop, it still looks pretty good to say it's 11 years old. I originally had it for the xbox 360 but picked it up for a couple of quid on Steam. It's still my favourite blow shit up game and miles better than the two games that followed.

Having just played the following two I would have to agree.

Seems like they blew it.