Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:24:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Forgotten City

Started by bgmnts, September 19, 2021, 10:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Has anyone given this a go? I'm only 20 minutes in but alteady hooked. The concept and the setting is very interesting and i'm excited to see where it goes and whether it lives up to my expectations.

It's like a preemptive whodunit with a timeloop mechanic (sort of).

For anyone who's put time into it, does it turn to dogshit later on?

brat-sampson

I played through this on Game Pass mostly over the weekend. It's well-written enough, with a wide cast of interesting and distinct characters, fun to get your bearings in the city, poses some interesting mysteries and mostly answers them well-enough with twists and revelations as you go. There are some mediocre combat sequences and some mild optional exploration, but you're mostly here to talk to people and solve their interconnected problems while working out just what's going on and what exactly you can to about it. It succeeds at that very well and is a fun 6-10 hr playthough, in which time you can get multiple endings.

Thursday

I love the concept, but I'm not finding the process of actually talking to people and figuring out what to do next as much fun as I'd hoped. Feels like hard work sometimes. I'll keep at it, but it's easier to just let my brain unwind with Forza at the moment.