Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:39:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Games or game series that really ought to be remade/revamped/revived

Started by Mister Six, October 27, 2021, 08:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Trumpet

I'd love a proper remake of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. I know they released a sci fi spinoff for one of the more recent Civ games but it was by all accounts pretty mediocre.

Glebe

Quote from: bgmnts on November 15, 2021, 03:48:32 PMIs weird innit? They have the Arkham trilogy all games with dlc for sale for like 20 quid every few months. Couldnt hurt to just chuck Origins on with it.

Quote from: Mister Six on November 15, 2021, 04:03:43 PMOrigins was coded by a different team to the other Arkham games, and that seems to be the reason it never gets updated, although I don't know if it's professional snobbery, some issue with lack of access to the code, a worry that it would be too time-consuming for the staff to familiarise themselves with someone else's work, or something else entirely. Shame, because I would love to play it, but since I have a PS4, even a second-hand shop dive wouldn't help.

Yeah it was developed by WB Games Montréal, don't think Rocksteady had any involvement. Of course Rocksteady had nowt to do with the Return to Arkham redos either. It's a real pity but I guess we may never get an Origins remaster. Oddly the Xbox 360 version is only playable with the physical disc.

Btw I done me own thread about remakes recently... completed Resident Evil HD Remaster not long ago and am currently working my way through Resident Evil 0 (the original of which I had never played, having never owned a GameCube back in the day).

Of course the RE franchise has been getting refreshes for some time now. I've not played the remasters of 2 and 3: Nemesis as yet, never got into the original release of 4 and I tuned out of Resi around then, but Code: Veronica (which was apparently originally intended as the third entry in the franchise) I would like to have a bash at again, having only ever played the PS2 version a couple of times. The 2011 HD remaster is currently available on Microsoft Store (I have an Xbox One) for €20 (I live in Ireland, see), bit steep for a decade old release. Meanwhile they've had a sale on most of the other games in the franchise recently.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on November 15, 2021, 05:13:59 PM
There's this, and it's free

https://www.gog.com/game/the_lords_of_midnight

Oh yeah I've got that, it's a nice PC-friendly repro of the original with a few helpful extra features. I was thinking of a re-envisioning bringing in some board game mechanics, like cards featuring objects and character bonuses, and maybe resource counters. Perhaps also the Ice Fear represented visually as a track with a token that gets advanced. 

Spiteface

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on November 15, 2021, 11:33:43 AM
Rampage. Ultra HD monster smashing up shit.

I can see it already.

A good modern Kaiju game is well-overdue.

I like that Godzilla game on the PS4 a few years ago, but even I know it's a bit crap.

Make some deals with the likes of Toho and Tsuburaya (makers of the Ultraman series) and the roster builds itself.

GoblinAhFuckScary

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: samadriel on November 16, 2021, 03:50:32 AM
ACTION FIGHTER. Start as a motorbike, turn into a car, turn into a jet. On the orders of President!
I had that on Master System, because it was on the cheap side (£12.99, I seem to remember) and enjoyed it despite it being a bit, to say the least, of a Spy Hunter clone.

Maybe not the right thread to say it, but I really want a decent snooker game on PS4. The official one from a couple of years ago doesn't look that appealing - no 'Create a Player' mode, no interest from me.

samadriel

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on November 16, 2021, 06:44:29 PM
I had that on Master System, because it was on the cheap side (£12.99, I seem to remember) and enjoyed it despite it being a bit, to say the least, of a Spy Hunter clone.
haha, so I see. It's probably more dynamic, terrain-wise, to turn into a boat, but I can't resist the thought of turning into a jet.