Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:07:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Last Of Us - is the stealth bad or am I playing it wrong?

Started by Fry, November 01, 2021, 09:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

I cant figure out if I'm shit or its shit but one of us is.

Remember when you played MGS and you'd try to strangle the guard but you'd judo flip them instead? That shit happens to me constantly in this game. Feel like I'm doing the same thing each time and getting different results.

Also the concentrated hearing mode is horrible but you seem to need to be in it fairly constantly.

I don't like stealthing zombies. I know where I am with a human guard. They want to have a wank off to a jazz mag they found on the floor at work then take a nap, if they see a random cardboard box in the middle hallway they just ignore it. Logical stuff. Who knows what a zombie is up to? Walking around doing its thing. Stumbling every which way. Its annoying to try to creep up on it

madhair60

That's interesting, because I found the stealth in TLOU extremely measured and "gamey", in a good way, precisely because it avoided this issue.

Fry

I normally boss every stealth game I come across i just cant do this. I had to turn it down to normal for chrissakes.

Fry

wooders1978

I found it pretty good and stealthed my way nicely through the whole game without getting the judo chop issue that was on ps4

Clownbaby

When I first played it, it took me a while to get a handle on how to behave around the runners and clickers. I didn't really trust that the runners wouldn't react to my torch being on so I guess it was my own fault, fucking about in the dark. Always found the actual mechanics and feel of the stealth to be pretty solid though

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Yep, never had any problems with stealth here. Have you considered the possibility that you might just be rubbish?

Mister Six

I had no problems with the main game when I played it five years ago, but a few months ago I thought I should take a crack at the DLC, only to discover that I had absolutely forgotten how combat works, so now my save is stuck at the first big action setpiece in the underground car park, and I can't remember if I'm supposed to bez around killing them or sneak about knocking them off one by one, and how I'd do either of those anyway. Boo!

Magnum Valentino

This isn't about the stealth specifically (sorry OP!) but I only realised earlier when I had a proper think about it - I've finished The Last Of Us three times, and because the first time was in one massive session and the second a third took two sittings apiece, I've only ever played it five times.

Played the DLC loads like but that doesn't count!

Fry

Got a lot better at it now, not sure what I was doing wrong but its starting to click for me.

Good game this! Wife has already cried twice watching me play.

Spoiler alert
Main bloke's daughter getting got, Tess getting got
[close]