Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

can 3D Sanic b gud.

Started by Kelvin, November 14, 2021, 01:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

Next Sanic game has a budget of a billion dollars, Nolan North as Knuckles, Adam Sandler as Blarney the Bobcat. But is it possible to make 3D Sanic gud?

Pink Gregory

Way down Louisiana cross to New Orleans
Way back up in the woods among the evergreens
There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood
where lived a country boy named

Sonic

Magnum Valentino

Magnum Valentino

samadriel

He's the fastest thing ali-yi-ive

Beagle 2

I really like a couple of little indie games called Toree and Toree 2 that cost 89p. Toree 2 especially feels like what a good Sanic 3D game would feel like, so perhaps the answer is to make the budget £3.

Kelvin

Awful thread, absolutely embarrassed. Feeling a real kinship with sanic himself right now.

That said, I have been genuinely wondering about this lately. I've watched Dunkey streaming a few of the 3D games and it's really reminded me how fundamentally bad they are, not just technically (although that's arguably their biggest problem), but also in terms of gameplay. The very core of the series just doesn't seem suited to 3D.

And now there's all this talk of an "open world" sanic game. Putting aside how bad that team are at making games, how can that possibly work?

No idea what this thread is about. 

Jerzy Bondov

It would be very easy to make a good 3D Sonic game with the following method: Mario 3D World rip off. Pull the camera out, design the levels so you don't need to manually control the camera, 8-way movement, all the platforms etc aligned along that axis, hold a button to access top speed, short dense levels. Just add spin dash and the ability to roll into a ball, design the levels with chutes and ramps to roll down. Colourful, silly, fun. Chunky graphics. Sort of like Sonic 3D but more modern, basically. Maybe even add 4 player co-op with Tails, Knuckles and I guess Amy. Or even races, like Sonic 2 and 3. Hidden Big the Cat in every level, having a wank. Sorted.

Thursday

Just do a 2d Sonic game but from behind. It would be good, there easy. Can't see any issues with this.

Video Game Fan 2000

rack and peanut

Sanic bim, Sanic bim

I rented Sanic adventure when it was released on the GameCube and I gave up after about 10 minutes of falling through the bar floor.

My biography's gonna be great.

colacentral

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on November 14, 2021, 05:50:05 PM
It would be very easy to make a good 3D Sonic game with the following method: Mario 3D World rip off. Pull the camera out, design the levels so you don't need to manually control the camera, 8-way movement, all the platforms etc aligned along that axis, hold a button to access top speed, short dense levels. Just add spin dash and the ability to roll into a ball, design the levels with chutes and ramps to roll down. Colourful, silly, fun. Chunky graphics. Sort of like Sonic 3D but more modern, basically. Maybe even add 4 player co-op with Tails, Knuckles and I guess Amy. Or even races, like Sonic 2 and 3. Hidden Big the Cat in every level, having a wank. Sorted.

While we're talking about ripping something else off - rather than 3D, I was thinking that a Sonic game stealing the design of the new DKC games with the bits that shift from foreground to background would work well (maybe Sonic has already done this and I can't remember, I don't know). Those games do a good job of utilising the secondary characters too, whereas I've never given a fuck about Tails, Knuckles or any of those cunts in the Sonic games.

Video Game Fan 2000

Just make it 2.5D like Uni Rally or Iggy's Wrecking Balls.

Steven88

Sonic Generations was pretty good. In regards to 2D Sonic I loved the first 4 games but didn't get on with Sonic Mania for some reason.

Kelvin

Quote from: Steven88 on November 15, 2021, 12:25:22 AM
Sonic Generations was pretty good. In regards to 2D Sonic I loved the first 4 games but didn't get on with Sonic Mania for some reason.

I really enjoyed Sonic Mania's levels, but several of the bosses were awful, which has really put me off playing it again. Every time I start it up I get to that helicopter boss and within minutes I turn it off.

madhair60

there are several good 3D Sonic games. that's all they are. good.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on November 14, 2021, 11:14:39 PM
Just make it 2.5D like Uni Rally or Iggy's Wrecking Balls.
Sonic Rivals, Sonic Rivals 2