Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:09:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Witcher 3 being remastered [split topic]

Started by Chollis, November 27, 2021, 11:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollis

The remaster has been delayed til mid-2022. Announced a month ago but completely passed me by.

:(

wooders1978

Quote from: Chollis on November 27, 2021, 11:36:23 AMThe remaster has been delayed til mid-2022. Announced a month ago but completely passed me by.

:(

That'll get me on the ps5 tip - assuming it's not a gta style disaster

Chollis

Quote from: wooders1978 on November 27, 2021, 02:58:48 PMassuming it's not a gta style disaster

yeah...wonder if they looked at the reaction to GTA and got spooked

Pink Gregory

that and the state that Cyberpunk 2077 was released in

Not one to get day one certainly

bgmnts

Why the fuck is this game getting a remaster?

Why cant they remake games that are a bit older and not good? A remake of The Thing or Panzer Dragoon Orta or Stubbs the Zombie I dont know.

Ignatius_S

The release window was very vague. I think the official announcement said it was planned for 2021 and later, earlier in the year, an employee tweeted that it was likely in the second half of the year.

The pandemic has adversely affected many developers and a good range of games have been delayed - https://www.ign.com/articles/every-game-delay-announced-in-2021-so-far

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Pink Gregory on November 27, 2021, 03:59:26 PMthat and the state that Cyberpunk 2077 was released in

Not one to get day one certainly.

These remasters are being done by Saber Interactive, who did the Switch version (which I'm currently playing) and they did a fantastic job. They're a well-established company that has plenty of experience in remasters that have been very good - e.g. Halo: Combat Evolved.

Saber has no connection to Cyberpunk and has developed for multiple platforms, unlike Grove Street Games.

Pink Gregory

kalowski

Quote from: bgmnts on November 27, 2021, 04:00:54 PMWhy the fuck is this game getting a remaster?

Why cant they remake games that are a bit older and not good? A remake of The Thing or Panzer Dragoon Orta or Stubbs the Zombie I dont know.
PSSST or Manic Miner for me.

Crenners

Witcher 3 was TDS when it launched. CP2K77 was TDS when it launched. CDPR are transphobic cunts.

wooders1978

Quote from: Crenners on November 27, 2021, 06:46:42 PMWitcher 3 was TDS when it launched. CP2K77 was TDS when it launched. CDPR are transphobic cunts.

What's TDS?

Pink Gregory

Is it more likely that it'll just be a 4k upscaled port with the DLC included?

What is there to remaster exactly?

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Pink Gregory on November 27, 2021, 04:44:04 PMWell have I got egg upon my face or what

Nah - given what happened with those projects, what you said was understandable. My response was intended just to say that (IMO) we have reasons to be more optimistic here but apologise if that didn't come across as intended.

Also, it's still often best avoiding day one release and meant to say that.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Pink Gregory on November 27, 2021, 09:17:25 PMIs it more likely that it'll just be a 4k upscaled port with the DLC included?

What is there to remaster exactly?

Sure they have said that there will be exactly the same amount of content, including the DLC - would be staggered if that isn't the case.

It's been said that there will be graphical improvements (think ray tracing has been mentioned) and some technical ones - IIRC, optimisation for SSDs. Given that it's not that old, it's hard to think what they will do really, as you say... but we will see!

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Ignatius_S on November 27, 2021, 11:14:00 PMNah - given what happened with those projects, what you said was understandable. My response was intended just to say that (IMO) we have reasons to be more optimistic here but apologise if that didn't come across as intended.

Also, it's still often best avoiding day one release and meant to say that.

Mad that you can't buy a rerelease of an old game and 100% expect it to work out of the box though.  When did that happem

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Pink Gregory on November 27, 2021, 11:43:55 PMMad that you can't buy a rerelease of an old game and 100% expect it to work out of the box though.  When did that happem

Usually happens when they decide to port them to a new engine rather than just tart them up a bit and sort compatibility issues. But depends on the team and time/cash involved, I would assume.

wooders1978

^ thanks!

They've already done the 4K upscale & released for free so there must be more going on you'd think

Inspector Norse

Quote from: bgmnts on November 27, 2021, 04:00:54 PMWhy the fuck is this game getting a remaster?

Leisure Suit Larry VR reboot coming soon I hear

Famous Mortimer