Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The curse of 9/11

Started by Replies From View, September 11, 2021, 07:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

A jar of peanut butter fell out of the kitchen cupboard today, smashed on the fucking floor.  Shards of glass everywhere, had to go and get a dustpan and brush and give the floor a bit of a wipe too. 

imitationleather

I am very pleased to hear that.

Replies From View

No it is awful

Surely you experienced something similar

Butchers Blind

The Mollusk

I've got a dreadful hangover today, inside of my head feels like what I'd imagine those buildings felt like when the planes smashed into them. Same deal, definitely related on some weird cosmic level beyond human comprehension. I'd be fine today if it weren't the 20 year anniversary of that tragedy.

mothman

The only way to break the curse is to drop a jar of jelly (jam will do as a substitute) to symbolise the fall of the second tower.

And then stamp on the loaf of bread, for Tower 7. #neverforget

Sebastian Cobb

I did the shop without checking to see if I needed onions, turns out I need onions.

I think some people are having a rave in a warehouse round the corner from me, or someone has a PA in their flat and is absolutely blasting it. Either way I can just here a deep boom from shitty (post-happy) hardcore.

imitationleather

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 11, 2021, 07:32:29 PM
I've got a dreadful hangover today, inside of my head feels like what I'd imagine those buildings felt like when the planes smashed into them. Same deal, definitely related on some weird cosmic level beyond human comprehension. I'd be fine today if it weren't the 20 year anniversary of that tragedy.

Video Game Fan 2000

I was bitten by a disaster and now every 9/11 I turn into a tragedy

chveik

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 11, 2021, 07:36:34 PM
(post-happy) hardcore.

cunts should be blasting some Stockhausen instead

Replies From View

Quote from: imitationleather on September 11, 2021, 07:40:10 PM

You are pleased that the original 9/11 happened, this means

imitationleather

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Replies From View on September 11, 2021, 07:26:53 PM
A jar of peanut butter fell out of the kitchen cupboard today, smashed on the fucking floor.  Shards of glass everywhere, had to go and get a dustpan and brush and give the floor a bit of a wipe too.

And that was just the start of the nightmare for Peter Gibbs.

I'm Greg Evigan.

Replies From View

Quote from: jamiefairlie on September 11, 2021, 08:29:09 PM
And that was just the start of the nightmare for Peter Gibbs.

I'm Greg Evigan.

"and I am to blame for 9/11"

well I hope 20 years has been enough time for you to become fully ashamed of yourself.

dissolute ocelot

Thought Tesco didn't have any salad onions. They've only gone and moved them!

Maybe if George W Bush had looked next to the mange touts.

Sebastian Cobb

oh actually it's an outdoor rave on the other side of the clyde, sounds much nearer.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 11, 2021, 08:39:58 PM
Thought Tesco didn't have any salad onions. They've only gone and moved them!

Maybe if George W Bush had looked next to the mange touts.

Salad onions hmmph. The PC Brigade strikes again. Can't say Spring Onion anymore because of the muslims.

ColinPopshed

Quote from: Replies From View on September 11, 2021, 07:26:53 PM

Tesco own brand comes in a plastic jar. No repeat disaster.

kalowski

Quote from: Replies From View on September 11, 2021, 07:30:26 PM
No it is awful

Surely you experienced something similar
Too bloody right. My knee is a little bit sore today.

Video Game Fan 2000

I don't know if I could bare the embarrassment of inviting Khalid Sheikh Mohammed around, sharing a jar of peanut butter with him and then him feeling insulted because it was Tesco own brand.

Replies From View

Quote from: ColinPopshed on September 11, 2021, 10:01:21 PM
Tesco own brand comes in a plastic jar. No repeat disaster.

I ain't getting no Tescos to make it for me.

popcorn

If you get the Tesco plastic jar peanut butter then the jar simply bounces back into your open hand if you drop it.

Dex Sawash

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: popcorn on September 11, 2021, 11:07:16 PM
If you get the Tesco plastic jar peanut butter then the jar simply bounces back into your open hand if you drop it.

The morrisons stuff has a glass jar but plastic lid that smashes if you drop it. And if you've 'upcycled' it into storing your abv, spills it all over the floor and you have to get the dustbuster. So I'm told.

ColinPopshed

I've really got back into peanut butter recently. I think it's since we stopped buying the organic salt free stuff for our child.

Kankurette

My dad died on 9/11. Although it was 8 years before it happened, tbf.

Cold Meat Platter

I think we all died a bit that day.

bgmnts

My childhood ambition of becoming a monolithic skyscraper in New York City died pretty quickly.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: bgmnts on September 12, 2021, 11:47:27 PM
My childhood ambition of becoming a monolithic skyscraper in New York City died pretty quickly.

As a huge cancer causing cloud of dust and particles, I know its exactly what its like to have your dreams crushed by negative representations in the media