Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

Dex Sawash

Listen To Your Heart is a song by Roxette, not just more verses/another movement of What About Love by Heart. Guessing they probably weren't even on the same album.

is there a 06v10s mu5ic thread?

beanheadmcginty

Dall-E isn't just a reference to Wall-E, it's a pun on Dali.

touchingcloth

Ali G is based on Tim W.

Icehaven

I didn't actually realise this myself, just saw it on Facebook but '' "this little piggy went to market" doesn't mean the pig went shopping at the market.

NoSleep

What about the one that had roast beef?

Sebastian Cobb

Pigs have been known to eat far worse than that.

NoSleep

Replies From View

David Cameron's Ham Knobbler

Tony Tony Tony

You know in that Ernie song (about the fastest Milkman in the west). When it goes 
Quote[Sue] said she'd like to bathe in milk
He said alright sweetheart
And when he finished work one night
He loaded up the cart
He said you wanted pasturised
'Cause pasturised is best
She says Ernie I'll be happy
If it comes up to me chest

Sue is cleverly subverting Ernie's (who was the fastest Milkman in the west) "pasteurised" into "past your eyes".

Clever Sue.

Andy147

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on August 08, 2022, 07:05:07 PMSue is cleverly subverting Ernie's (who was the fastest Milkman in the west) "pasteurised" into "past your eyes".

Clever Sue.

Lucy got there first, in "Gather in the Mushrooms" (also by Benny Hill):

To make herself more beautiful she thought she'd bathe in milk,
She said, "I'll have a bathful," to her milkman Jackie Wilke.
He said, "Do you want it pasteurized before I pour it in?"
She said, "No, I'll be happy if it comes up to my chin."

olliebean

A credenza is not a type of gazebo.

touchingcloth

4K tellies are 4,000 pixels on the horizontal, rather than vertical. This means they're about 4 times the resolution of 1080 screens, not 16 times like what I thought. WHAT A SWIZZ

olliebean

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 18, 2022, 10:27:48 PM4K tellies are 4,000 pixels on the horizontal, rather than vertical. This means they're about 4 times the resolution of 1080 screens, not 16 times like what I thought. WHAT A SWIZZ

Actually they're only 3,840 pixels wide, so it's even more of a swizz than you thought.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: olliebean on August 19, 2022, 08:51:17 AMActually they're only 3,840 pixels wide, so it's even more of a swizz than you thought.

Unlike DCI 4k, like they use in cinema projectors, which is slightly wider (4096 pixels).

touchingcloth

The rounding is fine - megapixels in cameras are rarely a neat and tidy million pixels, whether in decimal or binary - but to change the scale is mad. "Here's my new A3 paper - it's twice as thick as A4!"

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 19, 2022, 10:02:23 AMThe rounding is fine - megapixels in cameras are rarely a neat and tidy million pixels, whether in decimal or binary - but to change the scale is mad. "Here's my new A3 paper - it's twice as thick as A4!"

I assume in practice most blurays are very slightly cropped rather than scaled or barred. I have seen some films with very thin letterboxing, usually older films that have been scanned though.

Dex Sawash

Two for today.

The daily change in time of sunrise/sunset is non-linear.

If I leave the work mailbox door open, I can tell at a glance from across parking lot if the mail has been delivered because the mail lady will close the door.
TBF I am only responsible for the work mail a couple weeks a year when boss goes on vacation and leaves me in charge.

NoSleep

Why meteorology is not the study of meteors or meteorites.

QuoteThe term "meteorology" seems to have originated in 340 BC when the Greek philosopher Aristotle wrote a book on natural philosophy entitled Meteorologica. This work presented the philosophical knowledge of the atmosphere at that time and included topics such as clouds and mist, rain, snow, wind, hail, lightning and thunder, and climatic changes. In addition, topics such as astronomy, geography and chemistry were also addressed. The manuscript was entitled Meteorologica because in those times, any particle which fell from the sky, or was suspended in the atmosphere, was called a meteor.

Bennett Brauer

Legionnaires' disease is not named after the French Foreign Legion or from North Africa.

It comes from the American Legion, a US group for war veterans, and an outbreak of a then-unknown disease that was traced (six months later) to the air-conditioning at the Philadelphia hotel where they'd held one of their conventions in 1976.

This was going to go in the Fuck My Hat thread but someone I mentioned it to yesterday said, yeah, of course he knew that.

JesusAndYourBush

I knew it could be spread by dodgy air con but I assumed it was an older disease linked to the Foreign Legion, as you said.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on August 20, 2022, 05:22:25 PMI knew it could be spread by dodgy air con but I assumed it was an older disease linked to the Foreign Legion, as you said.

I don't feel so stupid now. Decent 20-minute programme about it here:

Armed Traffic Warden

Bit late but...

1. I thought the thread title was trying to say Atrocious Things. OP needs to get their shit together; or I do.

Quote from: Dusty Substance on January 06, 2021, 09:19:23 PMChrist, the thread title just gave me a stroke.

Zootropolis is the U.K name for Zootopia and not, as I'd assumed, a cheap rip-off or just one of those occasional cinematic coincidences  (Antz/A Bug's Life, Volcano/Dante's Peak etc).

Antz is the better film.

Replies From View

pinterest = Pinteresque

Sebastian Cobb

that doesn't take me any closer to finding out what the actual point of Pintrest is.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 22, 2022, 10:29:06 AMthat doesn't take me any closer to finding out what the actual point of Pintrest is.

Just to hold photos, I think.  Like Harold Pinter did.

touchingcloth

That TV series McMafia isn't about Scotch gangsters.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 31, 2022, 12:49:40 PMThat TV series McMafia isn't about Scotch gangsters.

No it's about the tape

NoSleep

kalowski

Isn't it about virus protection?