Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:24:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer's Labour: Ghouls and Tools on the Ship of Fools

Started by pancreas, September 30, 2021, 08:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 20, 2022, 02:19:41 PMAs you say, just meaningless buzzwords. No party is going to say "We're against innovation, trade, learning and industry"

It's just cosplay.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 20, 2022, 02:26:12 PMjust to clarify by a bier I do not mean German for beer, but a movable frame, typically wheeled, on which a coffin or a corpse is placed to carry it to grave.

well fornicate my hat etc

Buelligan

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 20, 2022, 02:26:12 PMjust to clarify by a bier I do not mean German for beer, but a movable frame, typically wheeled, on which a coffin or a corpse is placed to carry it to grave.

I understood dear heart, it's why I said I'd drink to it.  You know, that whole witty double meanings thing I love and is now ruined. 

Still, I remain cheered a bit, just thinking that, inevitably, Starmer will end.  Good.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 20, 2022, 11:53:03 AMGood fucking grief Rachel Reeves here (bbc video)

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1484088933474521092

At least Kier Starmer is kinda funny how fucking crap he is. Reeves is probably the blandest person imaginable. Put her next to a host like that who acts like a real person and she comes across like a bad replicant of Sir Kier

He's a Labour MP now!

We've changed! Vote for... us.

Check this out: https://twitter.com/DanWei55/status/1484115140979347459

Buelligan

It's what they're all about.  Nothing that matters matters.

Just say any shit and walk away smirking at the dumb schmucks that keep voting for you.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on January 20, 2022, 03:05:01 PMIt's what they're all about.  Nothing that matters matters.

Just say any shit and walk away smirking at the dumb schmucks desperate people that keep voting for you.

ftfy

Buelligan

Their thoughts, not mine.  I'm not smirking.  I am desperate to see an end to the charade.

Because as long as they keep pulling this trick, people will be made and remain, desperate.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 20, 2022, 03:02:16 PMCheck this out: https://twitter.com/DanWei55/status/1484115140979347459
yeah saw that, is quite interesting because it shows she's changing tactics because she's getting rinsed. very panicy.

she is not a clever politician at all, hence why she cowered in the back benches during the Crobs years rather than going on the attack. because she can't, she's shit. she just wants to copy the same spreadsheet cells across every year

greencalx

That's a shame. Had an image of Keith holed up in his garage, applying labels to his lovingly crafted bottles of Starmerbräu.

Video Game Fan 2000

So, you say you're working class...but you think people should have only one job? Interesting. 

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 20, 2022, 03:26:55 PMyeah saw that, is quite interesting because it shows she's changing tactics because she's getting rinsed. very panicy.

she is not a clever politician at all, hence why she cowered in the back benches during the Crobs years rather than going on the attack. because she can't, she's shit. she just wants to copy the same spreadsheet cells across every year

Indeed. It makes me think they're still not as all-powerful as they like everyone else to think.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on January 20, 2022, 03:54:45 PMSo, you say you're working class...but you think people should have only one job? Interesting. 

Heh! Heh! If only we had interviewers who were conscientious enough to ask that kind of question.

mattyc

I find it very worrying that there is no mention of the environment on that poster about the economy. Right now and even more in the future a stronger economy will be a greener one. So, looks like their concern about the environment is insincere and opportunistic as well, despite ecowarrior Ed being onboard.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: mattyc on January 20, 2022, 05:55:29 PMI find it very worrying that there is no mention of the environment on that poster about the economy. Right now and even more in the future a stronger economy will be a greener one. So, looks like their concern about the environment is insincere and opportunistic as well, despite ecowarrior Ed being onboard.

True. Not really a learning Britain if it's not a green Britain, is it?

mattyc

'A learning Britain' quite a strange phrase, doesn't quite work. Also why are there random capital letters just flung in on various words? And most egregiously of all: WHERE'S THE UNION JACK??!!

Twit 2

Quote from: SpiderChrist on January 20, 2022, 08:05:55 AMSounds like the Fallen is caring for a relative. From experience, I know that walking away from that is a fuck sight harder than it appears.

Yes, good point. In my case, I didn't just walk out of the job but made other life changes, such as not following the news or politics, not following climate change, not constantly reading/thinking about the country/world being so crap. My advice to TF is that though he can't walk away from his relative, he can stop dwelling on why our society is so fucked.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: mattyc on January 20, 2022, 06:37:21 PM'A learning Britain' quite a strange phrase, doesn't quite work.

Learning to live with being poor on a dying planet because we won't fucking help you.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 20, 2022, 07:49:20 PMLearning to live with being poor on a dying planet because we won't fucking help you.

A RESILIENT Britain!

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Twit 2 on January 20, 2022, 07:10:07 PMYes, good point. In my case, I didn't just walk out of the job but made other life changes, such as not following the news or politics, not following climate change, not constantly reading/thinking about the country/world being so crap. My advice to TF is that though he can't walk away from his relative, he can stop dwelling on why our society is so fucked.

That's good advice. Wish I could follow it.

boki

Quote from: Buelligan on January 20, 2022, 02:56:36 PMI understood dear heart, it's why I said I'd drink to it.  You know, that whole witty double meanings thing I love and is now ruined.

That'll teach you not to be homophonic.

idunnosomename

JERMAMBOBBLY CROWBOX?!??!!!!! YOU HAVE KILLED AGAIN!!!!!

(telegraph article)
https://archive.fo/aSFPC

total support to Michael Rosen who was slandered by this fucking idiot who is now dead

pancreas

shoulders

QuoteBut Simon Myerson QC, who was acting for Dr Newbon in a separate case in which he was being sued

You have to hand it to him (a subpoena).

shoulders

Oh and Keith underneath writing in the Torygraph

https://archive.fo/XAlb9

I AM THE HARDMAN WITH A BIG STICK

canadagoose

Quote from: shoulders on January 22, 2022, 08:09:14 AMOh and Keith underneath writing in the Torygraph

https://archive.fo/XAlb9

I AM THE HARDMAN WITH A BIG STICK

He's going to send them all over there with the shitty hammers and spanners his dad made.

Rodney, you plonker.

chveik

Buelligan

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 22, 2022, 12:44:57 AMJERMAMBOBBLY CROWBOX?!??!!!!! YOU HAVE KILLED AGAIN!!!!!

(telegraph article)
https://archive.fo/aSFPC

total support to Michael Rosen who was slandered by this fucking idiot who is now dead

I'd kill myself if I found myself represented by Mark Lewis.  I won't link, but just google the cunt.  Utterly noxious.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 20, 2022, 01:52:04 PM

they're going in hard on this most sensible and boring person in the world just saying absolutely nothing at all arent they

also the change between A / An looks really shit, visually. why not at least do a right align

A* Uninteresting Britain for All