Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Boris Johnson - Time Running out?

Started by Alberon, December 09, 2021, 01:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalogue Trousers

A Stale Pork Pie Caught Him In The Eye?

Blumf

Quote from: Captain Z on January 21, 2022, 12:53:32 AMThread title ideas for Time Running Out part 2?

Emma Kennedy's Watch Battery Needs Changing

pigamus

Glebe

Quote from: Captain Z on January 21, 2022, 12:53:32 AMThread title ideas for Time Running Out part 2?

'Boris Johnson: Time to Die'?

kalowski

Glebe

Replies From View

Bursting like a watermelon on the driveway

pancreas

Christ, when you look at Rory Stewart and think, 'I'd take him as leader of the Labour Party in a heartbeat right now', you know you're fucked.

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1484228227535183878?s=20

SpiderChrist

Quote from: pancreas on January 21, 2022, 09:55:37 AMChrist, when you look at Rory Stewart and think, 'I'd take him as leader of the Labour Party in a heartbeat right now', you know you're fucked.

Fucking hell, people actually think that?

Jittlebags

Stewart facial features looks like he's been animated by Aardman.

SpiderChrist

Kwasi Kwarteng, the business secretary, has said blackmail and intimidation "has no place in British politics".

And they call us lefties naïve.

Shocked to discover that people who are referred to as a "whip" use intimidation and bullying tactics.

imitationleather

Mr Whippy is not to be messed with.

Jittlebags

You'd have thought they'd be pleased when they had the whip withdrawn.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Jittlebags on January 21, 2022, 10:30:38 AMYou'd have thought they'd be pleased when they had the whip withdrawn.

I'd have thought most of them would have been happier with it inserted tbh.

pigamus

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Jittlebags on January 21, 2022, 10:06:28 AMStewart facial features looks like he's been animated by Aardman.

Like they took a Willem Defoe out the clone machine a little too early.

Butchers Blind

Oh, Rory Stewart. He's not like a proper Tory, you know. He smoked dope and trekked across Asia.

pigamus

I could give him grudging credit for that interview if people didn't wank over him so much

greencalx

Quote from: Alberon on January 20, 2022, 11:05:01 PMThe Times is reporting that rebel Tory MPs have texts and a recording of the intimdation and potential blackmail. What that acually amounts to is anyone's guess.

Kieth will demand an enquiry. It will be chaired by someone junior whose career depends on not criticising the whip, and will mysteriously find no case to answer.

If this shitshow stands in the way of the Tories implementing any seriously damaging legislation, I'd be up for it being dragged out for as long as possible. The only thing worse than an incompetent Tory is a competent one. However I fear the majority being the size it is will let ministers get all sorts of shit through on the nod.

pigamus

That twat Fabricant saying, "Well if I had a pound for every time they've threatened me"

Ha ha nice work genius

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on January 21, 2022, 09:55:37 AMChrist, when you look at Rory Stewart and think, 'I'd take him as leader of the Labour Party in a heartbeat right now', you know you're fucked.

Born Roderick James Nugent Stewart.

Not even joking.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: greencalx on January 21, 2022, 12:38:59 PMKieth will demand an enquiry. It will be chaired by someone junior whose career depends on not criticising the whip, and will mysteriously find no case to answer.

Would be a bit rich demanding all these enquiries when he can't be arsed publishing the Forde report.

Glebe

Quote from: pigamus on January 21, 2022, 12:54:52 PMThat twat Fabricant saying, "Well if I had a pound for every time they've threatened me"

Ha ha nice work genius

Michael Fabricant! I was trying to remember that guy's name a little while ago! The Geoffrey Hayes of politics! Or a thinner 'Fabricated' version of Johnson!

Quote from: pigamus on January 21, 2022, 11:37:33 AMWho does Liz Truss look the dead spit of? I don't really know, Rita
https://twitter.com/reece_dinsdale/status/1484429031655227393

Just a few more grams of Tory charlie before she can finally finish morphing into Danniella Westbrook.

Animated

Blinder Data

Quote from: pigamus on January 20, 2022, 11:10:21 PMIt sounds pretty on the money to me. He's basically saying the big problem is they don't have a plan, which is self-evidently true. And they're worried that the cure will be worse than the disease.

"Pinch of salt" was a bit vague - I meant it in that everything Wickham says should be read in the context of his personal friendship with Johnson i.e. he'll never stick the boot in. But I think you're right - the would-be contenders don't fancy a challenge now and all MPs know it's a bad time to have a contest. Though that could all change if Sue Gray finds against him in a bad way and the letters fly in...

robhug

shortly to be Dame Sue Gray working from the turks and caicos

greencalx

Quote from: monkfromhavana on January 21, 2022, 01:05:34 PMWould be a bit rich demanding all these enquiries when he can't be arsed publishing the Forde report.

Keith loves launching an enquiry. Having it report, not so much.

Goldentony

always a bit turned on by the whip, I have to say, ooh withdraw the whip etc proper gets me going sometimes