Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:10:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your most-complimented clothes and accessories

Started by touchingcloth, January 09, 2022, 06:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

I'm not a fashionista or anything, and I tend to dress quite functionally. However, my oxblood DMs (actually Solovair - they're made in actual Northampton), my blue and orange specs, and a pink check shirt (made by a friend) have each been complimented specifically at least two times each over the past few weeks.

What do you own which suits the fuck out of you or prompts people to comment on them?

Buelligan

I get pozzies for my natural hair and eye colour or if I wear something black, mostly.  But I don't spend a lot of time with humans.

imitationleather

I have a great string vest and blazer combo that is very Rab C Nesbitt chic.

Pink Gregory

A lot of middle aged, usually quite stylish women compliment my hair length and body.

It's never quite stopped happening.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

A Schott leather motorcycle jacket. It's like the spirit of Brando (young sexy Brando, not fat old Brando) has entered the room.
I did hit 40 last year though, so I'm sure the jacket is some sort of harbinger of an impending mid life crisis. Good times.

imitationleather

Fr.Bigley

I get a lot of compliments on my anus. I'm out and about and people are like "look at that arsehole" all the time. It's odd because I can't remember showing my anus in public.

Captain Z

Quote from: Pink Gregory on January 09, 2022, 06:54:19 PMA lot of middle aged, usually quite stylish women compliment my hair length and body.

As in, the length of your hair, and your body? Or the length and body of your hair?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I have a cream coloured jacket that never fails to garner compliments. It's hardly a fine garment - it's 100% synthetic fibre and I got it for a tenner on eBay - but it looks swanktastic on me.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Captain Z on January 09, 2022, 07:11:39 PMAs in, the length of your hair, and your body? Or the length and body of your hair?

The latter.  Trust me, the latter.

Ferris

My extensive collection of band tshirts usually do well with the punters.

jobotic

Got some nice shirts from charity shops or ebay that my many fans seem to like. Particularly a St Michael's purple shirt and a Levis geometric patterned one I bought in some retro shop in London in the nineties which still fits me and looks new.

It's all irrelevant though as in the last six months I've developed a small bald spot.

non capisco

Quote from: Ferris on January 09, 2022, 08:01:22 PMMy extensive collection of band tshirts usually do well with the punters.

The classic green XTC English Settlement T-shirt is like catnip for men who look like Saxondale.

thenoise

Girl once told me a brightly patterned woolly cardigan of mine was "on-trend". Which I think is a compliment.

Hopefully its a long-lasting trend as I am still wearing it almost twenty years later.

buttgammon

I have an orange scarf that always gets commented on. A waiter in a Vietnamese restaurant got very excited by it once; he may well have been trying to assure a big tip (which he got) but I was mega flattered anyway.

touchingcloth

My oxblood DMs have been commented on since I started this thread apropos of nothing. Buy a pair, people. Join me.

Ferris

If you ain't wearing the slightly pointed blundstones you ain't shit.

The Guppy

I've got a car coat that cost fuck all and doesn't fit me, and people love it. It's a big fat bloke coat but I'm 6'5" so I have to buy fat bloke stuff if I want the sleeves to reach my wrists. I look like an absolute cunt in this coat. Someone should grab me by the scruff of the neck and drown me in a puddle. But they don't, they fucking love it.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I've got this patchwork orange/brown/beige/black corduroy shirt that I wear a fair bit. Had it complimented on by a fair few people, but also laughed at and mocked by almost as many, so I'm fairly certain it's somewhere between good and shit - i.e. 'decent'. I like it a lot. None of my other clothes have been remarked on by other people.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on January 09, 2022, 11:31:32 PMI've got this patchwork orange/brown/beige/black corduroy shirt that I wear a fair bit. Had it complimented on by a fair few people, but also laughed at and mocked by almost as many, so I'm fairly certain it's somewhere between good and shit - i.e. 'decent'. I like it a lot. None of my other clothes have been remarked on by other people.

It sounds mint. I love stuff in earth tones.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 09, 2022, 11:33:35 PMIt sounds mint. I love stuff in earth tones.

Yeah. The combination of that and the corduroy is the appeal for me, I love cord shirts and I've got a proper fuck tonne of them. I don't really know what's fashionable and I think they probably aren't (I don't see a lot of then around so I imagine most people are like 'who is this idiot prick dressing like an old fucking man?') But I don't care. I love wearing them and specifically that one.

Ferris

Respect. Fucking love corduroy, can't decide if I want it back in style or to remain constantly off the beaten track. I have a red corduroy shirt and this might be the push I need to buy more because your patchwork one sounds class.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 09, 2022, 11:14:09 PMMy oxblood DMs have been commented on since I started this thread apropos of nothing. Buy a pair, people. Join me.

"Those are some banging nonce clogs you got on, Grandad"

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on January 10, 2022, 12:32:37 AM"Those are some banging nonce clogs you got on, Grandad"

I've got oxblood 50th anniversary made in england DMs that are GOLD inside. Vile Pervert Jonathan King doesn't have shoes on my nonce tier. They hurt my feet a little but kids people do compliment them.

bgmnts

I just wear joggers and a t-shirt nowadays. I find any actual pride or happiness derived from fashion to be a bit nauseating but I am in the overwhelming minority like most things so it'll just be another thing I dont understand.

beanheadmcginty

I announced to my friends that my New Year's resolution was to dress like a character out of the Sopranos, so one of them kindly bought me a pine green velour tracksuit for Christmas. It is the complete opposite of anything I have ever worn before and I've had nothing but compliments about it. It is also unbelievably comfy. Definitely planning to explore this avenue further.

imitationleather

Quote from: Ferris on January 09, 2022, 08:01:22 PMMy extensive collection of band tshirts usually do well with the punters.

Your missus has put you on the game again?

imitationleather

On New Year's eve I wore a Barbour shirt I'd been bought for Christmas and so many people commented on it. Probably because it was the first time they'd ever seen me wearing a shirt.

I kind of enjoyed the attention. Might class it up in '22!

holdover

I've got a Hudson's Bay blanket coat that my wife got me last Christmas. First time I wore it an old lady came up to me and told me I looked very stylish.  Lovely old dear.