Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:22:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your most-complimented clothes and accessories

Started by touchingcloth, January 09, 2022, 06:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

imitationleather

pancreas gave me a very happy birthday last year by turning up in them.

Quote from: pancreas on January 10, 2022, 10:37:24 PM

Believe it or not, I can pull it off.

I used to have a pair myself (42 waist, short leg) that I wore to the office and was told I looked quite striking in them. I don't think I would've been bold enough to carry off the whole ensemble though.

the Fallen

My black fingerless gloves. I don't know why I started wearing them, it just felt... Right. And every time I pull them on, I'm ready for business. I've experimented with white and red but black, very thin ones, not woollen, those are the absolute business and it has been noted up to twice by people who aren't myself nor sleeping with me.

My current coat has drawn the odd compliment. It makes me look like a drug dealer basically. It is long and dark yet a thin black waterproof material quite sleek though so I'm basically in love with it as it's winter.

I've also got an ASOS hoodie with the zip all around the hood - yes, I can and do zip it over my face - which has some sort of, I fancy, aggressive edge due to the extra metal. No one has complimented this except my partner, who may or may not be on the absolute cutting edges of FASHION. I bought it in XXL so it is huge on me because I am quite animated and like to do what I call "speculating" in it (moving about, standing at a window to get stoned, gesturing when discussing things) and it just feels cool to have on - surely the entire point of clothes - rather than the other option which is not.

I'm not one of these weirdos you see in puffer jackets. Those are awful. Who wants to look like the Michelen Man? Maybe they make getting stabbed more difficult, although I find it more instructive to have grown up slightly and not live the legendary dickhead life, although reading this back I've basically made myself sound like a gay version of Niko from Grand Theft Auto

turnstyle

I work with a lot of younger folk, most of whom dress like Shoreditch hipsters.

So, imagine my surprise, when I won the 'best dressed award' at work, despite clothing myself like a middle-aged man who has basically given up on life (true to form). All day, every day, smart/casual, jeans and jumper with the least stainage donned, job done.

My victory over the younger folk who spend hours getting their outfits just right can mean only one of two things:

A) After four decades of dressing in a pretty bland and discreet way, fashion has come full circle and deemed my attire to be zeitgesty and cool.

OR

B) They're ripping the piss.

Almost certainly that second one.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: flotemysost on January 10, 2022, 08:58:34 PMLast year during lockdown I found a pair of very Seventies-looking faux-python-skin high-heeled ankle boots in the street while I was on a walk, of the exact type I'd been looking for, in my size. I told myself if they were still there in the evening I'd take them home and give them a lick of Dettol. They were, so I did, and I get complimented pretty much every time I wear them. (I'm guessing someone drunkenly took them off while walking home, or just wanted to get rid of them but the charity shops weren't open.)

My team had a picnic last summer and I wore a black linen jumpsuit and some heart-shaped sunglasses, both from Oxfam, and my manager (who's known me for years) said he thought my style had really come into its own recently, which was a very sweet and flattering thing to hear. I don't think I'm stylish or fashionable but I do feel like I've sort of cultivated a "look" - I guess as you get older you just learn what suits you and also the importance of practical, comfortable clothing (which can still look good)- no point wearing a nice outfit if you have to spend the whole time massaging your bunions or sucking in your gut or whatever.

And another owner of oxblood DMs here (well, the shiny vegan ones) but they're battered to fuck after a few years of intensive use including multiple hikes and festivals. I might try the brand v.gan when the DMs go to the great shoe rack in the sky, they look decent and are about a third of the price of DMs.

Maybe it was threads woman, evaporated straight out of them