Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:17:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Police auditing videos

Started by The Lurker, January 17, 2022, 04:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ombudsman

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on January 19, 2022, 10:35:48 AMFilming is one thing but there must be data protection concerns around broadcasting it which I imagine that uploading to YouTube amounts to. Do these videos blur the face of anyone who hasn't given consent? Which is everyone.

I think this is the case, but you only need to get consent if someone is speaking or otherwise engaged as part of the film, rather than just being a member of the public going about their business. I'm sure this was documented by Tom Scott or someone.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: The Ombudsman on January 19, 2022, 01:55:20 PMI think this is the case, but you only need to get consent if someone is speaking or otherwise engaged as part of the film, rather than just being a member of the public going about their business. I'm sure this was documented by Tom Scott or someone.

That should at least cover the employees. And if it was say a vaccination centre, there must be some angle around health privacy you could reach for. I'm reminded of those who happened to live with someone featured on Can't Pay Take It Away, who objected to their face being visible just because they were in the same house, the makers had to go back and blur everyone for future repeats.

I'm not entirely sure how it works, but the general rule seems to be that no one has an expectation of privacy in public and if that's a problem it's down to the employer to create privacy.

I always feel that it's a moot point anyway with things such as spy cams and Ray-Ban stories making it so easy to be covert.

The Ombudsman

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on January 19, 2022, 02:54:57 PMThat should at least cover the employees. And if it was say a vaccination centre, there must be some angle around health privacy you could reach for. I'm reminded of those who happened to live with someone featured on Can't Pay Take It Away, who objected to their face being visible just because they were in the same house, the makers had to go back and blur everyone for future repeats.

Yes, I'd like to think hospitals and vaccination centres were places where filming was controlled. I know in the states people film folk entering Planned Parenthood and similar places as a way of shaming people for getting healthcare. I'd hope that sort of abhorrent act wasn't permitted here.

An exception would be dentists, as I think they are shifty bastards and need eyes on them at all times.

Fambo Number Mive

Just found a video of someone "auditing" outside the Lucozade factory in Coleford.

Another video is of them "auditing" the Pill Police Station in Newport, the uploader has liked a racist comment by someone called "Born Free".

bgmnts

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 24, 2022, 06:36:48 PMAnother video is of them "auditing" the Pill Police Station in Newport, the uploader has liked a racist comment by someone called "Born Free".

Unsure if it's still as bad now but you could easily run into some sex workers and their pimps in that area, who probably wouldn't be too impressed being on someone's camera footage.