Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:34:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anti Litter sign design

Started by Brian Freeze, January 18, 2022, 11:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

This place is not a place of litter.

shoulders

"I'VE BEEN WATCHING YOOOOOUUUU

I'VE BEEN WATCHING YOOOOOUUUU

I'VE BEEN WATCHING YOOOOOUUUU"

shoulders

SORT THIS SHIT OUT

\/
this shit here

shoulders

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on January 19, 2022, 08:52:41 AM" People Who go around dropping litter
  Are about as popular as Gary Glitter." 

I think there's something there, maybe make up a pro-litter mascot who's a fiddler, like 'Gary G. Litter the crisp nonce' whose catchphrase could be something like 'let's molest the countryside' or 'come and fiddle with nature's kids' or something, a bit like there was that nick-o-teen fella into smoking who was supposed to put you off.

Brian Freeze

Definitely doing a couple of the suggestions off here, thanks.

Cant do the sweary ones unfortunately, no matter how much I want to.

Could make a couple for you bellends to release into the wild if anyone was keen?

paruses

"You know who also litters? Illegal immigrants"

(check first it is not just illegal immigrants  doing all the littering)

hamfist

Doggers pick your johnnies up,
We'll all have tea.

Sebastian Cobb

Litterers beware
Purple Aki patrols this area

Paul Calf

ATTENTION!
Full litter bins are the only known repellent of kiddie fidddlers

What are you doing, trying to lose yourself in the crowd?

IF YOU DON'T BIN YOU'RE LITTER YOUR A FUCKING PEODO

PlanktonSideburns

It's lovely here,
Please leave rubbish where it belongs;
In your house,
Which is a toilet.

popcorn

I've become an actual scold. I live next to a park (lucky me! it's great) but one of the downsides is regularly witnessing people drop litter. Every time I see it I have a go at them. I can't work out if I'm doing the right thing or not, ie whether my behaviour is likely to actually result in improved behaviour or if I'm really just selfishly venting my own rage to no one's benefit but my own.

Fambo Number Mive

I don't think it's selfish to tell people off for dropping litter. Whether it results in improved behaviour is hard to say and you do run the risk of someone reacting violently, but it's not selfish.

popcorn

The reactions I get are quite interesting.

I snipped at a woman for dropping a cigarette butt and she said "I always put them in the bin when I'm sitting down." So you make an exception when you're standing up?

I saw a guy chuck his cigarette butt from his front door into the street and close the door behind him. I resisted the urge to post it back through his letterbox but knocked on his door and asked him why he'd done it. He said that since a big street sweeping contraption drove along in the morning it was fine.

Saw a guy chuck a lager can into someone's hedge. I said "Mate, that was terrible" and he just muttered something and walked off.

Scariest was a guy who chucked a can out of his car window and I had a go at him while he was stopped at the lights. He drove down the street after me shouting abuse.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most are the gangs who stand around in the park dropping piles of shit on the ground and then just stand in their own accumulating filth for hours. I'm too cowardly to pick a fight with them though.

I am a hero! It is all worth it!!!!!!!

Brian Freeze

Defintely takes some bottle to confront folk face to face rather than sneakliy putting up signs in the dark and acting like the big man.
Fair play Popcorn.

I stuck some rubbish back through a car window once, but I did have the advantage of being on the push iron in case it got fruity.

Found these as well a couple of weeks ago,

Just reward for bringing a bin bag full off the tops perhaps.

Paul Calf

The makings of a very good afternoon. I mean, I don't really like Jack Daniels but I could probably choke it down if it were free.

Fambo Number Mive

OP, what sign/s did you choose in the end?

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 15, 2022, 07:16:17 PMOP, what sign/s did you choose in the end?

Will try and get some photos. Think Ive done seven of them now.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 15, 2022, 07:16:17 PMOP, what sign/s did you choose in the end?

Here's one, it was only just coming light at the time so its the best I could do.

pigamus

The 1980s Keep Britain Tidy logo was really good, they should bring that back in a big way

DoesNotFollow

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on January 19, 2022, 03:56:53 PMI think there's something there, maybe make up a pro-litter mascot who's a fiddler, like 'Gary G. Litter the crisp nonce' whose catchphrase could be something like 'let's molest the countryside' or 'come and fiddle with nature's kids' or something, a bit like there was that nick-o-teen fella into smoking who was supposed to put you off.

This is top notch.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Brian Freeze on March 26, 2022, 07:03:41 AMHere's one, it was only just coming light at the time so its the best I could do.

Get in!

I'm wasted in admin. I need to speak to my organisation's marketing wankers.

Ferris

Claim the area is full of unexploded ordnance and people could throw things on the ground if they want but are risking being vaporized. They'll soon see sense. You might even want to set up the odd landmine just to make a point.

flotemysost

Great work, and excellent photo that last one! Could you get your daughters involved in designing the next iteration? Be a shame to waste the artistic prowess recently shared in Oscillations.

Quote from: pigamus on March 26, 2022, 07:14:11 AMThe 1980s Keep Britain Tidy logo was really good, they should bring that back in a big way

The song was a regular fixture of my primary school assemblies in the 90s - I liked the fact it was about the environment and not God, but it had an unmistakably proud military blustering pomp about it.

With the signage, you could always go down the ARE BRAVE BOYS FOUGHT FOR THIS LAND, SHOW SOME RESPECT! route. With a picture of some wilting poppies and Captain Tom's ghost crying as people chuck Greggs vegan sausage roll wrappers on the ground, or something.

Paul Calf

I really like that last photo. It's a striking piece of work.

Flatulent Fox

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: popcorn on February 08, 2022, 11:01:12 AMI think the thing that pisses me off the most are the gangs who stand around in the park dropping piles of shit on the ground and then just stand in their own accumulating filth for hours. I'm too cowardly to pick a fight with them though.

I went for a walk around the park tuesday after the bank holiday expecting there to be shit everywhere but was pleasantly surprised there wasn't. The main lot of rubbish was some half-burned tins and bottles making up the remnants of a fire.

Last year the council replaced the charred tops of the picnic benches with new ones that had a metal plate on one end for BBQ's. I was impressed they'd actually tried to fix the problem rather than just take the benches away because some lazy selfish arseholes mean we can't have nice things.

Jittlebags

If upon this ground you drop,
A lolly stick or a tin of pop,
Empty bottles, or even just a crumb,
I'll jam my boot right up your bum.