Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:40:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

WWIII (World War 3)

Started by Crenners, January 20, 2022, 06:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crenners

Lots of people shitting their bony arse about glaciers or recycling but whatever happened to shitting yourself about WWIII?

Do you believe WWIII will happen and what form will it take? Who will be the major players? China vs America?

Nukes or infantry battle? Are satellite lasers real?

How long will it take to go from whatever type of life we have now to nuclear winter?

Any chance Britain will be the only country left? Greenland? New Zealand?

What you theories about WWIII?

Video Game Fan 2000

Electricity, water, hospitals and sewage getting droned and hacked to shit.

Not just in the nations directly involved, but every surrounding nation because mass unrest is good for war.

Social media listing the names of the reds and the conchies along with lists of their problematic beliefs so some sensible liberal lads will come around and make sure they cheer the goodies and boo the baddies properly next time.

bgmnts

Well a lot of what will lead to a potential ww3 is presumably linked to glaciers and recycling.

Climate change leads to mass immigration, leading to right wing crazy ideologies spreading, leading to aggro, leading to wars over the fewer resources available to a denser population etc.

Can't see anything other than this happening in the next few decades, despite knowing there is still so much that so few people have that can share and ease the burden.

Video Game Fan 2000

+1

"fortress Europe" goes into overdrive, independent of who the aggressors are or who's side justice is on.

Kankurette

Crenners

You can shoot a drone out of the sky with an air pistol.

Is SOL from Akira a real thing? Thats would be the best weapon I can imagine, apart from subterfuge.

Blumf

Quote from: Crenners on January 20, 2022, 06:04:45 PMDo you believe WWIII will happen and what form will it take?

Rap battle in Stoke-on-Trent's Royal Music Hall

Video Game Fan 2000

An international glass box nonce-off featuring some of the most highly trained and best equipped nonces in the world

JaDanketies

Quote from: bgmnts on January 20, 2022, 06:12:35 PMClimate change leads to mass immigration, leading to right wing crazy ideologies spreading, leading to aggro, leading to wars over the fewer resources available to a denser population etc.

Yeah it's a dead cert. We can only hope that nobody uses a nuke, and that if they do, Russia or the USA don't use a nuke. MAD still hasn't gone anywhere.

Crenners

Not massively exciting scenarios proposed here. Hopefully it doesn't happen for another sixty years or so so I miss it.

Butchers Blind

Be nice to have a war right now, take our minds off Covid and impending privation.

Paul Calf

Captain Z

What's that Isaac Newton quote,

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with, like, laser beams and mind rays or something."

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Captain Z on January 20, 2022, 07:50:02 PMWhat's that Isaac Newton quote,

"The Pope is trying to stop me putting mercury in my dickhole: all Catholics must be killed" ?

mothman

Milo

Quote from: Kankurette on January 20, 2022, 06:17:22 PMIt'll be fought with drones.

The shipping containers filled with tiny explosive drones that can fan out across a city locating humans and detonating next to them is a particular worry.

Crenners

Seems like a waste of money and resource making drones when you can just nuke any country into the Wood Age.

Milo

Not really, purifying fissile material is very difficult.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Crenners on January 20, 2022, 06:21:30 PMYou can shoot a drone out of the sky with an air pistol.
and you could beat (current boxing champion) with one punch

Crenners

If they could do nucular eighty years ago can't be that hard. Same as the moon.

bgmnts

My main worry is what you do when you hear the most terrifying noise ever in an air raid siren and maybe even be close to see a nuclear bomb drop and witness the flash just before oblivion? Can you imagine the feeling of imminent doom in your belly? Would you vomit in your mouth or shit your pants just before the end?

Scary as fuck.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: bgmnts on January 20, 2022, 10:43:06 PMMy main worry is what you do when you hear the most terrifying noise ever in an air raid siren and maybe even be close to see a nuclear bomb drop and witness the flash just before oblivion? Can you imagine the feeling of imminent doom in your belly? Would you vomit in your mouth or shit your pants just before the end?

Scary as fuck.

Probably piss yourself like Threads woman.

Video Game Fan 2000

Bit cruel if the nuke alarm doesn't give people enough time for one last wank

Video Game Fan 2000

and it would have to take into account that people would need an extra 30 seconds to get the image of the Threads woman out of their heads, unless you're into that in which case fair dos.

non capisco

Anne Sellors, Stew, call her by her name!

BJBMK2

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: bgmnts on January 20, 2022, 10:43:06 PMMy main worry is what you do when you hear the most terrifying noise ever in an air raid siren and maybe even be close to see a nuclear bomb drop and witness the flash just before oblivion? Can you imagine the feeling of imminent doom in your belly? Would you vomit in your mouth or shit your pants just before the end?

Scary as fuck.
If you're close enough you'll just evaporate.

chveik

bgmnts

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on January 20, 2022, 10:58:09 PMIf you're close enough you'll just evaporate.

Well yeah thankfully but I just meant in that brief moment before the explosion happens and you see the bomb physically drop. I dunno, I've had multiple dreams where I wake up just before a shock wave hits me and I dont like that feeling.