Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:33:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

surely it would mean Ian Austin would bum him? not sure if he's up for that

Buelligan

Maybe Austin would like to lick his arse, we can only speculate.

jobotic

Not come across this slug before. You really can't go wrong in the modern labour Party if you're horribly right-wing can you?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/mar/16/labour-mp-graham-stringer-join-nigel-farage-anti-net-zero-rally

Since claims he wasn't going

Stringer Bell(end)

shoulders

Lord Austin has had to have an apology printed for his defamatory Telegraph article regarding Laura Murray and Rachel Riley.

A near invisible rebuke, sadly that's near the best we're going to get.

There is a statistical certainty Lord Austin will, from whatever cause die, which is nice.

Sebastian Cobb

writing bollocks like that earned him his lordship... small change after the damage has been done.

you try pointing it out to a useful idiot centrist and their response will be 'ah well, nevertheless... don't you know there's a war on?'.

I hate them so much.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteIn recent weeks, Stringer has called for an end to the moratorium on fracking, called on Michael Gove to approve the Cumbria coalmine, and written in an op-ed for the Daily Mail: "Our current energy policy has weakened the UK ... The two great threats to world peace, Russia and China – who have no qualms about increasing their use of fossil fuels – have been getting stronger."

Does surprise me how much some CLPs will put up with.

king_tubby

Sebastian Cobb

"I look up to him, but I look down on her"

king_tubby

pancreas

Quote from: shoulders on March 17, 2022, 07:41:38 PMhttps://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/mar/17/telegraph-apologises-laura-murray-corbyn-aide-as-anti-jewish-racist

That is amazing.

'We, the guardian, are going to spell out, in sentences which are true, the state of affairs. This is why you should trust us. Because of our commitment to faithful reportage.'

Two years ago, of course, the guardian was the worst agent of fake antisemitism smearing you could find. But now it's all so dreadfully objective.

SUPPORT US.

olliebean

Is it just me or is Starmer looking more and more like a thumb as time goes on?

Paul Calf

dissolute ocelot

Wikipedia says
QuoteIn 2009, Stringer denied the existence of dyslexia, calling it "a cruel fiction" invented by "the education establishment" to divert blame for illiteracy from "their eclectic and incomplete methods for instruction".
And
QuoteIn 2014, he, along with 98 others, voted for the Dominic Raab amendment to the Immigration Bill, which aimed to prevent foreign criminals using European Human Rights Law in deportation cases.
He also opposed COVID lockdowns, opposed a congestion charge in Manchester, is in Labour Friends of Israel, and has a long association with climate change-skeptic groups.

Why is he in the Labour Party? I guess if you're a power-hungry Mancunian you can't join the Tories.

shoulders

All the more important that all people join together to take back true control and stand for accountability from elected officials... In particularly ending jobs for life MPs and gravy train ushering into the Lords.

We can't blame Europe anymore. The lack of accountability rests right here and the Tories and current Labour machinery are in the way.

jobotic

Despite all of Keith's hard work here's what thick entitled fascist Oliver Dowden has to say about him (among smearing Corbyn although Dowden's boss is swimming in Kremlin money and anti-trans bigotry)

QuoteHe attacked Keir Starmer as "dull, uninspiring and bereft of ideas". He also criticised him for having wanted to install "that Nato-hating Putin apologist" Jeremy Corbyn as prime minister, and he claimed that Starmer was a prisoner of the "cancel culture brigade"
You know, Starmer, he cannot resist kowtowing to the cancel culture brigade because his base are the cancel culture brigade. He's frightened to defend women's rights or protect our heritage from vandals because he fears he would be cancelled.

How will our hero react I wonder?

idunnosomename

was funny how Oliver Dowden looked like the most mild-mannered dentist of the BJ Krew but he seems to have gone the most wingnut and screwloose of them all

Paul Calf

Trotsky Snowball Corbyn is responsible! We must root out this traitor!

Fambo Number Mive

Given Dowden is so concerned about women's rights, what does he think about his boss cosying up to Saudi Arabia?

Dowden wasn't always so dismissive of net zero:

lauraxsynthesis

Keith was photographed today with a cold sore. It is not yet reported if a certain woman in Darlington is wincing when she sits down.

king_tubby

shoulders

Is Keith unwell and therefore unfit to hold the office of Labour leader.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

pigamus

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on March 18, 2022, 09:30:26 PMKeith was photographed today with a cold sore. It is not yet reported if a certain woman in Darlington is wincing when she sits down.

Very odd that people are trying to shame him on Twitter for having a cold sore and saying it's horrible and whatever. I used to get cold sores and it's not a pleasant experience, I used to be very self conscious about it.

jobotic

Hope he's had his pay suitably reduced.

Buelligan

Novara chat about vile Ian Austin's apology and libel payout to Laura Murray this week - I didn't know all the background but, even though Murray eventually won, the spat with Rachel Riley that started it (detailed here) has left Murray in debt to the tune of £1million.  Very interesting and disgraceful shit - https://youtu.be/kwSjgSiOKj0?t=3955

Anyone who still tolerates Riley needs to have a rethink.  Loathsome person.  Poisonous.

shoulders

pancreas

I'm pretty sure I spoke to that guy on the phone once, during Momentum's earlier years. Nice guy.

king_tubby

Ted Heath with an Instagram account! Great stuff, Rachel, that'll have them rolling in the isles of the Red Wall.

Fucking hell.

pancreas