Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:14:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

2022 Tory leadership election

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 08, 2022, 04:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which turd will become the next PM?

Turdy Turdnak, Johnson's  former Turdscraper
3 (3.9%)
Lizturd 'Trussalon' Turdruss, Turd Secretary (a turd)
11 (14.5%)
Penny Mordaunt, the more she done the more she dern't
1 (1.3%)
"Fondling" Ron, the 'Wayne Rooney Sponsored Wankathon' Ron and his wife Non-Ron
5 (6.6%)
Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Simpson
3 (3.9%)
The putrefying corpse of Jimmy Savile, he is a paedo and a necrophile
2 (2.6%)
All of the above
1 (1.3%)
Grant Schnapps
1 (1.3%)
A praying mantis with its cock out
6 (7.9%)
A pipette of iodine squirting through the darkening veins of a potato clock
5 (6.6%)
Louis Tussaud
3 (3.9%)
Oh yes, I'm the great bell-ender / Resetting all vote counts like a clowne
14 (18.4%)
Dresden and its twin-town Other Dresden
4 (5.3%)
C UNTC UNTC UNTC UNTCUNTC UNTCUNTC UNTCUNTC UNTC
17 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Psybro

It should be a good thing that a lot of Tories are apparently forgetting the stuff that came out about Sunak's wealth that made the pundits decide that his goose was cooked, except you can guarantee the pundits will also conveniently forget.

Dex Sawash

shoulders

Quote from: Psybro on July 08, 2022, 09:03:13 PMIt should be a good thing that a lot of Tories are apparently forgetting the stuff that came out about Sunak's wealth that made the pundits decide that his goose was cooked, except you can guarantee the pundits will also conveniently forget.

Goose cooked even though he continued as Chancellor?

What's happened to David Cameron's dodgy dealings? Ah yes, nothing.

jobotic

Why does Jess Phillips keep tweeting about how shit the contenders are and how much she'd relish debating them?

She knows she not leader?

Sebastian Cobb

She knows she's got a new extension too.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: jobotic on July 08, 2022, 09:56:41 PMWhy does Jess Phillips keep tweeting about how shit the contenders are and how much she'd relish debating them?

Jess Phillips is the voice of honest working class people.

she isn't

shoulders

Always nice to get the commentary on political events from the cast of the Inbetweeners

shoulders

Quote from: jobotic on July 08, 2022, 09:56:41 PMWhy does Jess Phillips keep tweeting about how shit the contenders are and how much she'd relish debating them?

Classic backseat driving from her yet again. Knows what to do in any given situation and lets everyone know about it but a hint of real power and she turns to mush.

Sebastian Cobb

Piss Phillips, more like!!

*shrugs*

Psybro

Quote from: shoulders on July 08, 2022, 09:48:02 PMGoose cooked even though he continued as Chancellor?

Well there was some speculation that Johnson couldn't sack him as that would make him more popular.

Sebastian Cobb

lol christ

QuoteLooking forward to the next David Davis leadership campaign!

QuoteNEW:

Nadine Dorries and David Davis are both apparently considering running for Conservative Party Leader.
https://twitter.com/mlothianmclean/status/1545513054057668609

Alberon

Re Nadine's punt. From the Metro, quoting the Daily Heil.

QuoteOne of Boris Johnson's closest allies, Nadine Dorries, could run to become the next prime minister.

The Culture Secretary has reportedly told friends she sees herself as a 'continuation Boris' candidate and is 'seriously thinking' about running.

She believes she can disrupt the political scene even further, to 'keep Boris Johnson's flame alive', it is understood.

The friend told The Mail+: 'Nadine is seriously considering throwing her hat in the ring, as she is passionate about Boris's levelling up agenda, defending Brexit and fighting woke culture. She wants to keep Boris's flame alive.

They added: 'Nadine is convinced that he would have won an election. She is furious about the treachery of the MPs and ministers who brought him down.

'She is also privately scathing about many of her putative opponents, such as Penny Mordaunt [trade minister] who is on the wrong* side of the woke debate over her obsession with transgender rights.

'She wants to blind side the arrogance of those who have been plotting against him for months.

'Unlike them, her word is her bond. She doesn't stab them in the back, or brief, plot or scheme. If she says she will do it then she goes ahead and does it'.

Mrs Dorries is understood to be particularly interested in running if pro-Remain Jeremy Hunt formally enters the race, regarding it as close to a 'moral duty' to block his path to power.

'Nadine subscribes to the widely held view that Jeremy is basically Theresa May without the personality', said the friend.

She is also an enemy of former chancellor Rishi Sunak, telling friends: 'Rishi's claiming Boris stopped him reducing taxes – literally the opposite is true.'

This is what Dorries' 'friend' says anyway. Totally barking and even more useless than Johnson. He's a lazy, amoral criminal, but he's not nearly as thick as Dorries. I'd wish her luck, but the problem with political jokes, especially these days, is they get elected.

*(This is Tory speak. 'Wrong' translates to 'right'.)

It's like when Michael Jackson says "bad".  Heeeeee-heee!

Kemi Badenoch has announced she's standing. The great Kemi Badenoch. This changes everything.

jobotic

Badenoch's in it.

Baker backing Braverman

What a lovely bunch

imitationleather

Steve Baker drops out to work on Suella Braverman's campaign.

He's a Braverman than me etc.

Haven't watched Sunak's glossy promo video, but all the media are focusing on it - is that just because he's the first, or because he's already lined their palms with silver to get the favourable coverage he wants?

Given who will decide this, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Idiot Truss ends up at the top.  And the only good that can really come of that is that it'll probably make them fairly unpopular, not that there's any opposition to get faintly excited about.

dissolute ocelot

I hope it's Steve Baker, who until about 3 days ago I thought was an 80 year old Rupert Murdoch/Teddy Taylor/Monty Burns lookalike, but in fact is 51 and looks exactly like someone who until recently was an IT manager for a financial services company. May as well get the worst possible human being to the front. EDIT: And politics would be awesome if it was him against Keir and Ed, like three fathers geeing up for the school sports day father's race in very expensive trainers.

Mr Vegetables

The front page of tomorrow's Mail is BACKLASH AT TORY TRAITORS on one side, then a photo of Rishi as a small child on the other saying "look at this sweet little boy, who could be PM!" I didn't know how to process that, it was like a piece of paper arguing with itself

bgmnts

Quote from: Mr Vegetables on July 09, 2022, 12:17:02 AMThe front page of tomorrow's Mail is BACKLASH AT TORY TRAITORS on one side, then a photo of Rishi as a small child on the other saying "look at this sweet little boy, who could be PM!" I didn't know how to process that, it was like a piece of paper arguing with itself

I was imagining the old bit of WWI propaganda with the kid saying "Rishi, what did YOU do during the cost of living crisis?"

Mr Vegetables

Quote from: bgmnts on July 09, 2022, 12:24:20 AMI was imagining the old bit of WWI propaganda with the kid saying "Rishi, what did YOU do during the cost of living crisis?"

After thinking about it I assume they put a sweet picture of child Rishi there so people won't think he's a TORY TRAITOR when the Mail want them to vote for him down the line, like a clever way to disassociate these two emotional punches. But as an outsider it was genuinely one of the most cognitively dissonant things I remember seeing, these two completely opposing messages slamming into the brain at once

imitationleather

As Novara pointed out tonight, there's way too many candidates running on a "My grandparents had it hard and they produced a little Tory wanker, so it's easy for everyone actually" ticket.

Sunak may have gained an advantage by getting his origin story out first, I guess.

Kelvin

Quote from: Mr Vegetables on July 09, 2022, 12:17:02 AMThe front page of tomorrow's Mail is BACKLASH AT TORY TRAITORS on one side, then a photo of Rishi as a small child on the other saying "look at this sweet little boy, who could be PM!" I didn't know how to process that, it was like a piece of paper arguing with itself

Sunak is the one that would do best with the general public, I'm certain. Presumably the Mail have made that same assessment and swallowed their unbelievable racism long enough to get him into power. 

Inevitably all the media will be backing Sunak soon, he's obviously the "best" candidate if all they care about is getting the Tories elected again. 

jobotic

Racism dissolves when the person is very wealthy.

Actually if everyone was obscenely wealthy we could live in harmony. I might suggest it.

Thursday

I'll vote Sunak if he makes restaurants cheap again. Great days.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Dr Trouser on July 08, 2022, 06:46:28 PMJesus, if you were Rishi why would you bother? Stay home let the wife go out and earn millions, have a smoke and Xbox (plus crafty wank), then tell the staff to pick up the kids.

Why the fuck would you want the hassle of all this?

I thought this was hilarious so read it to my friend but his sincere reply was "service to one's country...?" like I was a fucking idiot. Think I need new friends.

Crenners

Please please Dorries run.

The debates would be so good

steveh

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on July 08, 2022, 10:49:44 PMKemi Badenoch has announced she's standing. The great Kemi Badenoch. This changes everything.

The woman who hacked Harriet Harman's website: https://grahamcluley.com/kemi-badenoch-mp-self-confessed-website-hacker/.