Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:41:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Johnson scandal thread three - more disgusting than a pint of wee

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 18, 2022, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 05, 2022, 11:15:23 AMBoth Johnson and Chancellor Zahawi are currently on holiday, because the forecast of a recession this year doesn't seem to be serious enough for the Chancellor to want to cut short his holiday or at least announce some new measures.

These people are unbelieveable.  Thousands, possibly, millions, of Brits are shitting it with worry over what the next few months will do to their lives.  Starmer's off on his hollibobs too.  Fuck me, state of it.

Rizla

idunnosomename

god i watched that and I'm like "surely that's Stanley". cunt looks like The Brain from Pinky and The Brain in his human costume

jobotic

That little Eton cunt in front of the camera will piss on our graves.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote@TimesRadio
"We like this guy. Is he competent? That's not what we're saying. What we're saying is we don't want to become an Italian style republic where we have a new government every year."

Tory Campaigner
@AlexPStory
 calls for the Conservatives to bring back Boris Johnson on #TimesRadio

https://twitter.com/TimesRadio/status/1555590674103279617

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 06, 2022, 08:12:59 PMhttps://twitter.com/TimesRadio/status/1555590674103279617

First comment

QuoteDonald Legget
@donaldlegget
·
20h
Replying to
@TimesRadio
 and
@AlexPStory
I totally agree with Alex. I dislike Truss / I dislike the mega rich Sunak and whoever is Chancellor of the Exchequer (enjoying a very expensive holiday which he can well afford). Starmer has now been trumped for accepting gifts. Politicians are paid PEANUTS in comparison to CEOs

This is what you are up against, the level of cognitive dissonance that believes Starmer getting some football tickets is worse than Johnson ripping off the entire country on multiple occasions.

Needless to say these people will still vote Tory regardless.

Fambo Number Mive

I can't see that comment by Legget, the top one I see is this one

QuoteMichael Volpe OBE
@NoisyMV
·
Aug 5
Replying to
@TimesRadio
 and
@AlexPStory
He clearly has zero morals or principles.
Just the sort of person who should be turfed out of politics.
micky allen
@mickyalien
·
22h
No politician survives by telling the truth all the time

The Twitter login prompt obscures the comments two seconds after I start scrolling down so I may have missed the Legget comment.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteOutgoing Prime Minister Boris Johnson used a speech at his lavish weekend wedding celebration to claim he was the victim of 'the greatest stitch-up since the Bayeux Tapestry'.

Johnson is such an entitled little shit.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteConservatives MPs want to do a deal with Boris Johnson for him to quit parliament and in return axe the inquiry into whether he misled them over Partygate, as allies of the prime minister branded it a "witch-hunt".

Although he is due to leave No 10 in less than a month, a Commons privileges committee inquiry is still ongoing into the prime minister's initial denials in December last year that any Covid laws were broken during lockdown.

Some of Johnson's critics want him to stand down as an MP, to avoid the process keeping the spotlight on a deeply embarrassing issue for the party that has strained relations between colleagues.

The investigation, which is being led by a committee with a Tory majority that chose Labour's Harriet Harman to chair it, is expected to drag on for months...

One of Johnson's closest allies, the culture secretary, Nadine Dorries, insisted he would stay in politics, but suggested the privileges committee inquiry should be ended anyway.

"If this witch-hunt continues, it will be the most egregious abuse of power witnessed in Westminster," she tweeted on Sunday. "It will cast serious doubt not only on the reputation of individual MPs sitting on the committee, but on the processes of parliament and democracy itself."

Dorries also accused the seven MPs behind the investigation of operating a "kangaroo court", and said Johnson had been "brutally removed".

Love to see Johnson stand down as an MP but not if it means the inquiry won't take place.

olliebean

Even if the inquiry continues, if he's not an MP it won't have any consequences for him.

Alberon

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 07, 2022, 05:22:02 PMLove to see Johnson stand down as an MP but not if it means the inquiry won't take place.

Given how quickly and easily he agreed to resign as PM I don't think this will happen.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: olliebean on August 07, 2022, 05:42:33 PMEven if the inquiry continues, if he's not an MP it won't have any consequences for him.

True, but I think it is important for the British people to be reminded what a terrible person he is, especially if he plans to become prime minister again in a few years.

jobotic

Quote from: Alberon on August 07, 2022, 06:19:40 PMGiven how quickly and easily he agreed to resign as PM I don't think this will happen.

I can't see him having any interest in being a back bencher. He'll stay because he needs to be an MP to launch a coup/ take over from Truss as arranged.

Fambo Number Mive

Daily Mail is very angry about Johnson having to face the consequences of his actions:

Will Mail readers really be that angry that one of the MPs on the committee is a magistrate and another a solicitor?

Fambo Number Mive

One Mail commentator likened the enquiry to the Salem Witch Trials.

SpiderChrist

Would be amazed if all this "reinstate B*r*s" guff wasn't originating from Johnson himself.

George Oscar Bluth II

It's incredible to me that he's got a month left of his extremely important job and he's just fucked off on holiday. Go on holiday in September you cunt, no-one would care!

Psybro

They've committed to doing nothing about the cost of living until the new PM is in due to the convention about an outgoing PM not making big fiscal changes, which is hilarious because:

1)  Newfound respect for convention when the actual law hasn't even been an impediment for the previous two years

2)  The favourite to win is sat in the Cabinet which would ostensibly be signing off on any policies anyway

3)  If some other place got invaded he would react, on the grounds of national security, but the security of people worried about starving is not the nation's security to him and never would be

Replies From View

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 08, 2022, 12:32:39 PMOne Mail commentator likened the enquiry to the Salem Witch Trials.

Simon and the Witch, they meant

Buelligan

Quote from: Psybro on August 08, 2022, 02:00:13 PMThey've committed to doing nothing about the cost of living until the new PM is in due to the convention about an outgoing PM not making big fiscal changes, which is hilarious because:

1)  Newfound respect for convention when the actual law hasn't even been an impediment for the previous two years

2)  The favourite to win is sat in the Cabinet which would ostensibly be signing off on any policies anyway

3)  If some other place got invaded he would react, on the grounds of national security, but the security of people worried about starving is not the nation's security to him and never would be

Absolutely this.  Enough is Enough.

olliebean

Absolutely bloody typical of Johnson to insist on remaining in post until the new leader is elected despite having absolutely no interest or intention of actually doing his job in the interim. He seems to have given up even pretending to make the effort now.

pigamus

How long's he going to beat Theresa May by? Three weeks? And he had an 80-odd majority. Incredible.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteFormer Downing Street figures are preparing to give evidence claiming Boris Johnson misled Parliament over what he knew about the partygate scandal, The Telegraph can reveal.

This newspaper has talked to three people contacted by the committee investigating whether the Prime Minister misled MPs about what he knew about the lockdown-breaking gatherings.

All three have alleged that Mr Johnson did not give the fullest account of the facts as he knew them at the time. One has agreed to give evidence to the committee, and two others are considering likewise...

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson failing to lead by example again:

QuoteDowning Street has no plan to put a hosepipe ban in place in and around the prime minister's residence, the Guardian can reveal, despite ministers calling for water companies to enforce restrictions.

Thames Water, which supplies No 10, said on Tuesday it would be putting water rationing in place in the coming weeks due to the extended dry conditions.

When asked whether hosepipes would still be used in the No 10 garden, or to wash the cars used to ferry its residents around, a spokesperson for the prime minister said a ban was not currently in place, though they added that the household was "taking steps to reduce the water used across the Downing Street site". This did not include a hosepipe ban, though, they said.

Tim Farron, the Liberal Democrats' spokesperson on environment and rural affairs, has called for Boris Johnson to set an example to the rest of the country by reducing his water usage and draining the swimming pool at his countryside residence, Chequers, which is also supplied by Thames Water.

The spokesperson declined to comment on whether the pool would be drained, saying it was a matter for the Chequers Trust. However, the prime minister is in control of matters at Chequers, and Margaret Thatcher famously stopped heating the pool during an energy crisis that took place when she was prime minister...