Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:11:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Best Ice Lolly?

Started by confettiinmyhair, July 30, 2022, 05:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

shoulders

RetroRobot

Those Timon and Pumbaa ones from the 90s with the jelly bugs inside.

badaids

Do they still do Funny Feet?

badaids

Also those triangle Sun Lollys were the absolute tits.  Distilled essence of scorching hot summers as a child. Do they still make them?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Misspent Boners on July 30, 2022, 06:47:03 PMIs that lolly tho

Gotta be Zzapp! Lollies for me...multicoloured toffee supremeness ohhhgg

Yeah, ICE lolly.

Kiwis call Black Jacks lollies.

Catalogue Trousers

Lord Toffingham, Lolly Gobble Choc Bomb, Captain Cody, Super Spy

we didn't start the fie-ahhh

While I was always a sucker (ha) for SF TV/film-branded ice lollies, in fairness Space: 1999, Dalek's Death Ray and The Black Hole lollies were all mediocre at best and crap at worst.

jamiefairlie

The Count Dracula ones were good, full of nutritious E numbers. Perhaps they can bring them back now those pesky EU dogooders have been put back in their place.

Replies From View

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on July 30, 2022, 08:25:38 PMI got some co-op mint choc chip ice creams when it was hot. I think I've still got one left. They were canny nice.

Fascinating, but not relevant to a thread about ice lollies are they.

Sex Wax

Quote from: RetroRobot on July 30, 2022, 09:09:31 PMThose Timon and Pumbaa ones from the 90s with the jelly bugs inside.
Just experienced an instant bout of atavistic nausea, cheers pal

Replies From View

Do they still do green Incredible Hulk shaped ones from the 1980s

shoulders

Quote from: Replies From View on July 30, 2022, 09:53:47 PMDo they still do green Incredible Hulk shaped ones from the 1980s

No, only credible ones

😪

Replies From View

Do they still do the same batches of Feast lollies from the 1980s

Replies From View

Quote from: shoulders on July 30, 2022, 09:54:36 PMNo, only credible ones

😪

It's particulate xollectneas gone mad

non capisco

Quote from: badaids on July 30, 2022, 09:12:40 PMDo they still do Funny Feet?

Alright, Quentin Tarantino.

shoulders

Quote from: Replies From View on July 30, 2022, 09:56:59 PMDo they still do the same batches of Feast lollies from the 1980s

No, the batches are wretched

Hex Triplet

Deformed cowboy with bubblegum eyes.

Sex Wax

Quote from: badaids on July 30, 2022, 09:13:56 PMAlso those triangle Sun Lollys were the absolute tits.  Distilled essence of scorching hot summers as a child. Do they still make them?
They still sell them on the continent, but their razor sharp edges don't painfully lacerate the sides of an adult-sized mouth, so what's the fucking point

Replies From View

Replies From View

The anime lover in your household wants to know if they still do ice lollies of scantily-clad wincing schoolgirls from the 1980s.

mjwilson

bring back pink grapefruit calippo

imitationleather

A load of men in their thirties or above sat in a caravan enjoying ice lollies. With the curtains down.

Can you imagine a more beautiful sight?

hamfist

Bennett Brauer

O.G. Original Gangster.

Quote from: Replies From View on July 30, 2022, 09:50:00 PMFascinating, but not relevant to a thread about ice lollies are they.

I'm sure I saw someone talking about ice creams, so I just assumed it was a free for all.
Mini milks, funny feet.
What's the criteria? If it's got a stick in it, it's alright?

They're not so bad nowadays, but I also had sensitive teeth as a nipper so I wasn't a big fan of the ice lollies.
Fab I liked, I liked the nobbly bobblys on the top. I'd have an ice pop, but the best bit was always crushing it up, letting it melt, sucking it so the plastic cut the sides of your mouth and guzzling down the sweet juices within.

Screwballs I liked, pot of ice cream with a bubble gum ball in the bottom. They gave you a little stick stuck in the top to scoop the ice cream out with. Where is your god now?

Someone once told me, hey the ice cream man will just sell you a bag of those bubble gum balls for 20p you know?
So that's what I always got from the ice cream van from then on.

Chollis

i think if this thread has any future whatsoever we have to agree that ice lollies and ice creams are two different things

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: Chollis on July 30, 2022, 07:57:57 PMi used to like those apple cider ones you could get too.

Ooooh, in the paper wrapper that sometimes stuck and because you hate wet paper you had to dig it out of the ice with your nails and imagine you were drunk from the fumes of cider, grand old beast that was.

It's true though, mini milks are the supreme champs, even the cheap ones seem to contain soma

hamfist

Quote from: Tokyo van Ramming on July 30, 2022, 11:44:56 PMOoooh, in the paper wrapper that sometimes stuck and because you hate wet paper you had to dig it out of the ice with your nails and imagine you were drunk from the fumes of cider, grand old beast that was.

It's true though, mini milks are the supreme champs, even the cheap ones seem to contain soma

Mini milks are best if you've got a spicy arse

DrGreggles

It's obviously the Solero, what's wrong with you cunts?