Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,467
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:57:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New turns in the Alex Jones trial

Started by Sebastian Cobb, August 03, 2022, 06:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve98

Jones's total damages are now $49 Million; and he has 2 more trials coming up shortly.

Hopefully these next trials will be able to properly look at his phone records - there's apparently Gigas-worth of shit there - and find stuff that makes the plaintiff's case even stronger.

He's crackin'up on Infowars atm cos someone's released his home address and phone number on-line.

New page.

elliszeroed

Surely 49 million is a piss-drop in a bucket considering how much he makes from his supplements etc.

I hope punitive damages from the next set of trials is far higher, if not, they're not all that punitive.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: elliszeroed on August 06, 2022, 03:38:41 AMSurely 49 million is a piss-drop in a bucket considering how much he makes from his supplements etc.

I hope punitive damages from the next set of trials is far higher, if not, they're not all that punitive.

yeah he makes something ludicrous like 800k per day or something. drop in the ocean.

steve98

Quote from: elliszeroed on August 06, 2022, 03:38:41 AMSurely 49 million is a piss-drop in a bucket considering how much he makes from his supplements etc.

His next gig's in Connetticut, and they have no limit on what they can award (Unlike Texas).
Also, they hate him, apparently

I've seen his wealth estimated at $250m.

idunnosomename

Seems to have come out in the case as $270m

His webstore is behind an anti DDOS captcha but i forget how fraglantly bonkers his BRAIN PILLS grift is
QuoteThe Powerful Ingredients Behind Brain Force PLUS:
Bacopa Herb Extract: Traditionally used as an important neurological tonic and cognitive enhancer in Ayurvedic medicine.
Alpha-GPC: A natural compound found in the brain that delivers choline, a water-soluble essential nutrient, across the brain barrier.
Yerba Mate Leaf Powder: Containing natural amounts of caffeine, yerba mate is also loaded with polyphenols like quercetin, as well as potassium, magnesium, and manganese.
Phosphatidylserine: An important chemical that is responsible for a number of important functions within the body, phosphatidylserine is particularly known for its maintenance of cell structure in the brain.
L-Theanine: An amino acid that is one of the key constituents of green tea, L-theanine helps transmit nerve impulses in the brain.
Vitamin B-12: Vitamin B-12 promotes energy production through supporting the body's natural processes of the adrenal glands, red blood cell formation, and many others.
Black Pepper Fruit Extract: taken from the Piper nigrum fruit, black pepper has been used since antiquity as a form of traditional medicine, and was chosen by our chemists to give Brain Force PLUS an extra kick.
It has taken over a year to develop and procure the all-new Brain Force PLUS formula, with the Infowars Crew and the scientists behind Infowars Life field testing hundreds of different options before choosing the undisputed winning formula that would go on to become Brain Force PLUS.

Now is the time to secure your bottle and flip the switch for yourself. Supercharge your state of mind with Brain Force PLUS, and see for yourself why the Infowars Crew is powered by this key formula.

* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.

DOCTOR SHOULD I BE TAKIN DA BRAIN PILLS FOR MA BRAIN?!

Sebastian Cobb

Why are people buying supplements from a man who looks like he had a childhood accident in a chocolate factory?

idunnosomename

Because look at super-virile mekon-brained superhuman Paul Joseph Watson

phantom_power

Quote from: elliszeroed on August 04, 2022, 08:52:33 AMThere's a clip on that Independent page of the Judge totalling chewing Jones out over saying he is bankrupt and repeatedly lying while giving testimony. I think she actually struggles over how to explain to him that he can't lie under oath.

I think this is the logical conclusion to the whole "parallel narrative" that right wing grifters live inside in order to con their followers out of money. Trump-followers, TERFs, the lot of them build a whole new reality out of lies, misappropriation and twisting of facts so they don't have to admit they are awful cunts. This falls apart a bit in a court of law when they get challenged on their bullshit and can't "yes, but" their way out of it

Fambo Number Mive

Looking at the Wikipedia page for Sandy Hook conspiracy theories, it's full of people making bullshit claims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting_conspiracy_theories

Why did this school shooting in particular attract so many people with conspiracy theories?

I know there is a forum out there that used to claim that many major events were a hoax but the Sandy Hook murders seem to have attracted a lot more conspiracy theorists than most other world events. And really vile conspiracy theorists in particular. It's one thing to believe a massacre did not happen (despite the overwhelming evidence it did), it's another to harass the families of those killed in it because you believe they are "crisis actors" because some Youtube channel or website told you they are.

QuoteA man stole a 50-pound vinyl peace sign from a Mystic playground built in memory of a Sandy Hook shooting victim then called the slain girl's mother to tell her why he did it, according to one of the playground's supporters.

William Lavin, the organizer of the "Where Angels Play Foundation" that built the playground honoring Grace McDonnell, said Lynn McDonnell received a phone call from a man on Tuesday claiming he had stolen the sign from the playground because he believes the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School was a hoax. The caller told McDonnell her daughter "never existed."...

Ferris

I think because it's so monstrous that it's tough to comprehend, and even tougher to accept that your beliefs and political actions helped contribute to the environment that allowed something so utterly awful to happen.

It's probably quite comforting to think that it didn't happen, so you and your beliefs are off the hook.

bgmnts

Quote from: Ferris on August 07, 2022, 02:16:23 AMI think because it's so monstrous that it's tough to comprehend, and even tougher to accept that your beliefs and political actions helped contribute to the environment that allowed something so utterly awful to happen.

It's probably quite comforting to think that it didn't happen, so you and your beliefs are off the hook.

Off the sandy hook.

Ferris

Catalogue Trousers

Replies From View

Bennett Brauer

Bit of a long shot as I'm hazy on the details, but does anyone have the link to the spoof audio on Twitter maybe 3 or 4 years ago of some US comic (I think) doing a spot-on imitation of Jones desperately telling people where they could follow him after he'd been banned from a lot of social media? I think even Jones's ex-wife was fooled into thinking it was real.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on August 08, 2022, 09:16:58 PMBit of a long shot as I'm hazy on the details, but does anyone have the link to the spoof audio on Twitter maybe 3 or 4 years ago of some US comic (I think) doing a spot-on imitation of Jones desperately telling people where they could follow him after he'd been banned from a lot of social media? I think even Jones's ex-wife was fooled into thinking it was real.

Hey guys. I got off my non-Googling arse and found it.

touchingcloth

Quote from: katzenjammer on August 09, 2022, 07:33:12 AMTucker Carlson 'Shitting Himself' Scared That His Alex Jones Texts May Leak

That links to this CNN piece - https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/alex-jones-january-6/index.html - from yesterday about how the Trump texts have now been handed to the January 6th Committee, which I don't think has been mentioned in the thread yet.

Hmm hmm. Yes, Mr Trump. Indeed.

steve98

Can the Sandyhook parent's lawyers hand the Alex Jones texts to whoever they jolly well please? I don't see why not. Maybe they'll stick it all on-line and we can all play a part trying to figure out what it all might mean.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: steve98 on August 09, 2022, 10:00:14 AMCan the Sandyhook parent's lawyers hand the Alex Jones texts to whoever they jolly well please? I don't see why not. Maybe they'll stick it all on-line and we can all play a part trying to figure out what it all might mean.

I don't think they're allowed to just hand things out willy-nilly, but my understanding is Jones' lawyers effectively fucked up twice - once by sending, and then also by not saying "this is [client-attorney] privileged" when the error was pointed out. So the docs in possession of the SH lawyers are private legal documents, but they can now be subject to subpoena for other cases provided the plaintiff (or lawyers working behalf of) can justify it.

Jack Shaftoe

I'm a big fan of the 'Alex Jones remixed as a Bon Iver style indie folk song', which got 9M views, but I'll put it here anyway, just in case.

darby o chill

Alex Jones sent nude photo of wife to Roger Stone, Sandy Hook lawyer reveals.

QuoteLawyers for the notorious American conspiracy theorist Alex Jones accidentally gave his legal adversaries a nude photo of his wife that he had texted to the conservative political operative Roger Stone, an attorney involved in the matter has acknowledged.

The seemingly farcical – but entirely true – development was the latest bit of fallout since one of the attorneys for a family suing Jones for defamation revealed last week that Jones's own lawyer had inadvertently handed over numerous text messages belonging to the far-right provocateur and then failed to take steps to keep them out of court.

darby o chill

As much as I hate Jones, this seems kinda shitty. Bankston was on TYT saying he was worried Jones' wife hadn't given consent. Shouldn't he be concentrating on other things?

Great episode of knowledge fight breaking down the new 'Alex's War' documentary.
https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/707-dans-war