Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:12:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

do you believe in aliens or ghosts

Started by kittens, August 06, 2022, 11:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliens or ghosts

aliens
29 (64.4%)
ghosts
10 (22.2%)
an tsaoi
6 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

kittens

once i saw a ghost, walking along a hill. but then it came over to me and it was my friend in a blanket. but for that brief moment, my worldview had been shattered and ghosts were real. have u ever seen a real ghost?

I think aliens come and save us. star trek style nice federation come and sort us out and let us join in the alien things. would be great. but maybe the aliens are just a bit of slime on a rock on Planet X. is there aliens? can you tell me facts about aliens? what if they're mean?

Thanks

Zero Gravitas

They're too far away to be a practical concern.

And ghosts are too not real.

Shit thread kittens over already.

imitationleather

I believe that children are the future

Zero Gravitas

There's about 12 years left in total, so, yeah.

imitationleather

Christ. Twelve more years of this shite!

QDRPHNC

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 06, 2022, 11:19:25 PMThey're too far away to be a practical concern.

Pretty much this.

Aliens probably exist somewhere on the basis pure statistical probability. But the likelihood of them getting here or us getting to them is not great. And even if one of us bridges the gap, they might be giant balloon/jellyfish hybrids floating through the air on a planet with fuck all gravity and we'll be mutually incomprehensible.

But let's say they are humanoid. If they're the more technologically advanced race and get to Earth rather than us getting to them, what's the bets they do to us what white people did to brown people in the Colonial Period ie. genocide and enslavement?

Ghosts are your mind shitting itself.

imitationleather

Spaceman, I always wanted you to go into space, man

Zero Gravitas

imitationleather

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on August 06, 2022, 11:25:05 PMWhat's the bets they do to us what white people did to brown people in the Colonial Period ie. genocide and enslavement?

I am ever the optimist and prefer to think we'll be the ones doing the genocide on the alien lads.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: imitationleather on August 06, 2022, 11:27:00 PMI am ever the optimist and prefer to think we'll be the ones doing the genocide on the alien lads.

If we get to their planet under God-Emperor-General Musk, instead of them getting to us, we probably will genocide them.

Zero Gravitas

Nah, For one thing it's too hard to get the spoils back home, for the other galactic textile markets are quite robust to single planets of failure.

TrenterPercenter

Buelligan

Saw Starmer's haunted trainers once.  Really nasty.

Replies From View

Mr Vegetables

Aliens take so long to get here that they are ghosts by the time they arrive. That's why they're all wearing ruffs and in castles and stuff; it was the style on their planet when they left

imitationleather

We should've sent some dinosaurs over to the aliens because by the time they got there they would have turned into us. Which would be really convenient.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Scientologists believe in alien ghosts.

kittens

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 06, 2022, 11:19:25 PMThey're too far away to be a practical concern.

post reported. you're outta here!

Zero Gravitas

non capisco

Ghosts are obviously bollocks but I'd still love to see one. Especially now I'm about to enter the properly moribund years, solidly into middle age, 44 years old in a few weeks. About time I had some boringly rational preconceptions challenged. If I was woken up in the middle of the night tonight by a floating sheet with black hollow eyes giving it WHOOOOOOOOO right in my boat I would be overjoyed. 

non capisco

Some old cackling black clad doris flying through the window going AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA come in sit down, got some San Miguels in the fridge, witch mate.

imitationleather

The Qatar 2022 mascot La'eeb is real and he's a ghost.

Emma Raducanu

No but I just watched Host (2020) about a group of friends doing a seance over Zoom during lockdown and I thought it was great. Tense as fuck I was and then too scared to get out of bed and close my curtains afterwards.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on August 06, 2022, 11:25:05 PMPretty much this.

Aliens probably exist somewhere on the basis pure statistical probability. But the likelihood of them getting here or us getting to them is not great. And even if one of us bridges the gap, they might be giant balloon/jellyfish hybrids floating through the air on a planet with fuck all gravity and we'll be mutually incomprehensible.

But let's say they are humanoid. If they're the more technologically advanced race and get to Earth rather than us getting to them, what's the bets they do to us what white people did to brown people in the Colonial Period ie. genocide and enslavement?

Ghosts are your mind shitting itself.

This is quite a naive view, not being shitty or owt but we don't really understand enough about physics etc to say with absolute certainty you can't travel light years in short times. I would be more surprised if there wasn't aliens and also if we aren't known to other life out there.

wrec

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on August 06, 2022, 11:25:05 PMAliens probably exist somewhere on the basis pure statistical probability. But the likelihood of them getting here or us getting to them is not great.

...but still they come

Glebe